Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians' new book

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    I too echo this. I like BA for many reasons. He is a good person. I don't think there is any question about that.

When it comes to being a QB whisperer, I have doubts.

Yes he has be associated with some good ones, but how much of that was him, and would they be lousy without him? Or would they be good no matter what? I don't know.

What I do know, CP is the only QB ( that has flourished under BA as a Card ) He has had maybe a half dozen QB's to whisper to. None has worked out.

I want to be fair. Maybe none of these guys had what it takes.

The thing that frustrates me the most. Other teams ( and to be fair, only a few ) seem to find 2nd stringers that are good enough, other teams want them for their starter.

I will admit Matt Barkley might come close, but then why did we let him go if all he needed was some whispering..

I'm not really hating here, and maybe if BA was just a QB coach, then it might be different.
    got to agree..I like Arians a lot
    but i`ve seen no proof of this QB whispering..they (luck,manning,Ben,Carson)would have all been who they are with or without Bruce...IMO
    The Big A era begins

Whispering to Manning, Rothlesberger, and Luck. That must have been a tough job those guys are slobs.

Hopefully BA can whisper a QBOTF for us here since he has been unable to so far.

I love BA by the way, best coach we have had since the Cards have been in AZ.

Also I don't care what BA does in his spare time that is his business. Just put a great product on the field and don't cry when you are fired if you don't.
    Last edited by native az; 07-12-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

There was a quote from Bruce talking about the opening season loss and how it took the wind out of the sails of his players.

I wrote about that specifically last season and many posters dismissed the idea it was important.

lost in all of it was bruce accepting responsibility. Him and Amos were drinking on the boat all summer while BB was scheming ways to beat them in doing things like pooch kicking on the kickoffs with the new rules. And Keim was too busy posing in front of the year with his GM of the year hardware to have any oversight.

Hopefully some humble pie was served this off season and the team and its 120 assistant coach's will be ready to help bruce.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I had no idea Arians was distracting himself with stuff like writing books. At least it's nowhere near as high profile as the "All or Nothing" fawn piece.
    Geez I thought the same thing. With all that happened last season does Bruce really need any self promotion? This guy has such an ego. wonder if him and Rex Ryan vacation together.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    This is the second story with excerpts from BA's new book I've seen in two days. The media is already bringing it up and will be asking BA and possibly players about it, instead of football. It shifts some focus. We saw it during and after "All or Nothing". I'm not saying they don't have a right to do it, I'm just saying I don't like it.

After the Amazon program and its success, I've seen plenty of stories of players and coaches hanging in Hollywood red carpets and accepting awards in New York. Good for them...but those aren't the awards Incare about as a paying fan. Championship banners. Lombardi. Super Bowl ring.

I saw a team last year that came in thinking too highly of themselves, and this off an embarrassing loss to Carolina. The unearned ego of high rankings and paper expectations, red carpets, flashy suits and helicopter rental bling. I'd hoped the results of the season re-focused everyone from the top down. BA can write all the memoirs he wants post retirement.
    Superb post and spot on in every way.

What's really bad in my eyes is that he cant seem to help himself. Last year was a disaster based on distractions and being too high on yourself.
    And now the quarter back whisperer comes out. LOL.
    season ticket holder

He did beat cancer. Anyways, better the distraction now. Camp is close and hopefully all the questions have been asked by then.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    There was a quote from Bruce talking about the opening season loss and how it took the wind out of the sails of his players.

I wrote about that specifically last season and many posters dismissed the idea it was important.

lost in all of it was bruce accepting responsibility. Him and Amos were drinking on the boat all summer while BB was scheming ways to beat them in doing things like pooch kicking on the kickoffs with the new rules. And Keim was too busy posing in front of the year with his GM of the year hardware to have any oversight.

Hopefully some humble pie was served this off season and the team and its 120 assistant coach's will be ready to help bruce.
    Did you have anything beyond your often repeated bile to support this BA & Amos on the boat scenario?

If you knew anything about BB, you'd know he spends his off-time on his boat fishing off the coast and while I have no proof, I'd bet a few brown pops are consumed.

And all the brilliant scheming, according to you, came down to a missed 47 yard kick.

And for your edification this is how almost every sports book deal comes down.

Player / Coach, etc., is approached by publisher or writer.

They come to an agreement.

Writer interviews subject, perhaps several times.

Subject proof reads the galley.

Book published and promotional tour arranged.

It's NOT that time consuming.
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 07-13-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Did you have anything beyond your often repeated bile to support this BA & Amos on the boat scenario?

If you knew anything about BB, you'd know he spends his off-time on his boat fishing off the coast and while I have no proof, I'd bet a few brown pops are consumed.

And all the brilliant scheming, according to you, came down to a missed 47 yard kick.

And for your edification this is how almost every sports book deal comes down.

Player / Coach, etc., is approached by publisher or writer.

They come to an agreement.

Writer interviews subject, perhaps several times.

Subject proof reads the galley.

Book published and promotional tour arranged.

It's NOT that time consuming.
    I think he means the questions BA and his players will ultimately get. But it the grand scheme it is not that big of a deal and the timing was right, the book hit during a pretty dead time. Pretty sure BA and crew have their itinerary set for training camp. Staff and players are probably getting in those last minute summer vacations. One cannot expect that BA gets no rest or vacation time. Even the great Bill Belichick get time off.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    got to agree..I like Arians a lot
    but i`ve seen no proof of this QB whispering..they (luck,manning,Ben,Carson)would have all been who they are with or without Bruce...IMO
    Yes, it's amazing! He has a unique ability to develop and utilize 1st round picks! Very, very unique skill this whisperer has.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Yes, it's amazing! He has a unique ability to develop and utilize 1st round picks! Very, very unique skill this whisperer has.
    Check out the number of first round QB busts over time and you might be less dismissive of what it takes to get the best out of QB talent fresh from the College scene.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.