Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaron Brown & Kerwynn Williams

Default Jaron Brown & Kerwynn Williams

Just curious if anyone else feel that these two guys are a bit under rated. They seem to have been reliable for the most part in the limited times they've been called upon. I can even remember a locker room scene where coach awarded JB the game ball. And now that he's healthy again and Floyd is gone, maybe he finally comes into his own (?). Williams has shown power and breakaway speed almost complimentary of David Johnson. I know he's not as high profiled as back ups Ellington or C. Johnson. I like these two guys and can't help wonder what more playing time would do.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 07-07-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Jaron Brown yes Kerwynn not so much.
    Opinions are like armpits everyone has a couple & they usually stink.

Kerwynn does a few things very well. Jauron was always the odd man out with Fitz and Floyd ahead of him and John Brown being the burner, but he was what made our WR corps deep and it was a shame he was injured last year, especially with Floyd flaming out. The new kid Williams could challenge him, but if he's healthy I look forward to what he could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    Just curious if anyone else feel that these two guys are a bit under rated. They seem to have been reliable for the most part in the limited times they've been called upon. I can even remember a locker room scene where coach awarded JB the game ball. And now that he's healthy again and Floyd is gone, maybe he finally comes into his own (?). Williams has shown power and breakaway speed almost complimentary of David Johnson. I know he's not as high profiled as back ups Ellington or C. Johnson. I like these two guys and can't help wonder what more playing time would do.
    Williams is a bit under rated. He has averaged 5.6 yds per carry since joining the Cardinals.
    Last edited by Oregonredbird; 07-08-2017 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonredbird View Post
    Williams is a bit under rated. He has averaged 5.6 yds per carry since joining the Cardinals.
    How does his stat compare to Andre and Chris.......anybody know?

I'm covering the Wr and TE today.

KW is not the receiver AE is. Then again AE is not near the runner KW is. One is averaging 5.6 yards a carry for his career with the Cards. The other can barely make it back to the line of scrimmage. I also think KW is a better pass blocker than AE. AE does not like contact. Not a good trait if your going to be a RB. If Logan and Penny show anything I wouldn't be surprised is AE was either traded or released sometimes during training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    KW is not the receiver AE is. Then again AE is not near the runner KW is. One is averaging 5.6 yards a carry for his career with the Cards. The other can barely make it back to the line of scrimmage. I also think KW is a better pass blocker than AE. AE does not like contact. Not a good trait if your going to be a RB. If Logan and Penny show anything I wouldn't be surprised is AE was either traded or released sometimes during training camp.
    Very interesting........thanks!!!!

Ellington was all the rage in his rookie year, 2013. In 2014, Arians decided 5'9" 200LB Andre was his feature back, and used him as though he were much bigger and heavier. He ended up hurt naturally and has never really come back from that. The key for Andre is to get him in space. Now, used sparingly he could probably be a lethal weapon at times, but I don't know that that matters anymore with DJ here.

Hopefully if he gets traded or cut he ends up with a coach that uses him in a manner more consistent with his talents.

Biography

NoteCARDS:
    •Although he has played just 37 games, Ellington is the only active player in the NFL with both a rushing and receiving TD of 80+ yards in their career. He was one of just six players in NFL history with an 80+ yard TD run and 80+ yard receiving TD in their first two NFL seasons.
    •In 2015, Ellington (2) joined Minnesota’s Adrian Peterson (2) and Buffalo’s Mike Gillislee (2) as the only players in the NFL with multiple rushing TDs of 45+ yards.
    •With 1,023 yards from scrimmage as a rookie in 2013 and 1,055 yards in 2014, he joined Ottis Anderson (1979-80) as the only players in franchise history to record 1,000+ yards from scrimmage in each of their first two NFL seasons.
    •With 652 rushing yards on just 118 attempts as a rookie in 2013, Ellington’s 5.53 rushing average led all NFL players with a minimum of 100 rushing attempts. His 5.53 average was the highest total for a Cards RB (min. 100 attempts) in a season since John David Crow averaged 5.85 yards per attempt in 1960 (183 for 1,071).
    •In Week 15 of the ’13 season at Tennessee, he had 71 rushing yards on 10 attempts (7.1 avg.) and 87 receiving yards on four receptions (21.8 avg.). In doing so, he became just the ninth player in NFL history (dating back to at least 1960) to average 7.0 yards per rush attempt (min. 10 attempts) and 20.0 yards per reception (min. 4 receptions) in a game – and the only rookie.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Ellington was all the rage in his rookie year, 2013. In 2014, Arians decided 5'9" 200LB Andre was his feature back, and used him as though he were much bigger and heavier. He ended up hurt naturally and has never really come back from that. The key for Andre is to get him in space. Now, used sparingly he could probably be a lethal weapon at times, but I don't know that that matters anymore with DJ here.

Hopefully if he gets traded or cut he ends up with a coach that uses him in a manner more consistent with his talents.

Biography

NoteCARDS:
    •Although he has played just 37 games, Ellington is the only active player in the NFL with both a rushing and receiving TD of 80+ yards in their career. He was one of just six players in NFL history with an 80+ yard TD run and 80+ yard receiving TD in their first two NFL seasons.
    •In 2015, Ellington (2) joined Minnesota’s Adrian Peterson (2) and Buffalo’s Mike Gillislee (2) as the only players in the NFL with multiple rushing TDs of 45+ yards.
    •With 1,023 yards from scrimmage as a rookie in 2013 and 1,055 yards in 2014, he joined Ottis Anderson (1979-80) as the only players in franchise history to record 1,000+ yards from scrimmage in each of their first two NFL seasons.
    •With 652 rushing yards on just 118 attempts as a rookie in 2013, Ellington’s 5.53 rushing average led all NFL players with a minimum of 100 rushing attempts. His 5.53 average was the highest total for a Cards RB (min. 100 attempts) in a season since John David Crow averaged 5.85 yards per attempt in 1960 (183 for 1,071).
    •In Week 15 of the ’13 season at Tennessee, he had 71 rushing yards on 10 attempts (7.1 avg.) and 87 receiving yards on four receptions (21.8 avg.). In doing so, he became just the ninth player in NFL history (dating back to at least 1960) to average 7.0 yards per rush attempt (min. 10 attempts) and 20.0 yards per reception (min. 4 receptions) in a game – and the only rookie.
    Didn't BA express at one time early on that he wanted to be careful how he used Ellington because of his size, comparing him to a Steeler RB (whose name I can't recall) of similar size who got injured? Also wasn't there talk of moving him to WR?