Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warrick Dunn "DJ best back in the NFL."

Default Warrick Dunn "DJ best back in the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-elliott-bell

With more than 10,000 rushing yards in his career and nearly 5,000 receiving yards, three-time Pro Bowl running back Warrick Dunn helped set the stage for this generation of dual-threat backs currently carving up the NFL.

So in his mind, who is the guy today? Between Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott and the rest, there are plenty of choices.

"Actually, I'm a David Johnson fan," Dunn said Wednesday on Good Morning Football. "I met him after his rookie year at the Super Bowl and I was just a fan just because he's so humble but at the same time, he's a guy who has come from nowhere. He wasn't on anyone's radar and he's really come into his own to become a complete back. He catches the ball out of the backfield, he can block, he can run between the tackles and outside. He's really impressed me."
    Still searching for our QBOF.

To me Warrick Dunn was the evolution of Stump Mitchell who was a stereotype of Lydell Mitchell. Smart guy I say. While I understand where he is coming from, to keep it closer to home, I see DJ as a Valley team version of O.J. Anderson, one of my all-time favorite Cardinal players. Same build, same talents and speed, same reckless approach to the game, yes, I can already envision DJ as becoming the across-the-board RB record holder for the Cardinals.

Hard to compare DJ to the traditional RB. Bell and Elliot are different kinds of athletes. For what DJ is asked to do, there is no one close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Hard to compare DJ to the traditional RB. Bell and Elliot are different kinds of athletes. For what DJ is asked to do, there is no one close.
    I think Bell and DJ are in the same class with Elliot on a level below.

We will see what each does this season.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

I have read these 32 team RB rankings where they have Bell, Elliot and then DJ. Even though Bell missed some games last year I dont think they realized that Steelers and Cowboys had a top 10 oline where Cardinals oline ranked 25th. Specifically going off NFL.com Steelers ranked 2nd and Cowboys ranked 8th. Plus he is a big threat out of the back field. So glad the Cardinals have him, dont think they ever had this level of RB, it was always a passing team with a mediocre run game. Now if Palmer can get hot like he did 2 seasons ago, this team can make that SB run again.

Side note, remember the hype about Gurley? Funny what a season makes...

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    DJ is better than Bell/Elliott - let's face it especially last year DJ was running behind 4th string guards while both Bell/Elliott are running behind better OL's. In fact Bell's style would result in a lot of tackles for loss behind Cards OL. This is why if the OL can stay healthy and either Boehm/Dorian J. can adequately fill the RG spot then I think DJ could challenge 2400 - 2450 yds from scrimmage.

Bell and DJ are very similar in size -- both ran a 4.5 40 dash at combine and had very similar bench press #'s. However DJ's explosiveness in his legs is unparalleled as evidenced by his vertical and broad jump #'s compared to L. Bell -- 41.5" and 127" vs. 31.5" and 118", respectively. Zeke's #'s were very close to Bell's -- 32.5" and 118" BTW.

P.S. Besides the other 2 guys have had suspension problems (rumored Zeke is getting suspended 1-2 games and will begin his 2nd yr in the NFL with already 1 strike) so as far as the #1 back to be chosen by most of the GM's in the NFL, I have to believe DJ would get most of the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    DJ is better than Bell/Elliott - let's face it especially last year DJ was running behind 4th string guards while both Bell/Elliott are running behind better OL's. In fact Bell's style would result in a lot of tackles for loss behind Cards OL. This is why if the OL can stay healthy and either Boehm/Dorian J. can adequately fill the RG spot then I think DJ could challenge 2400 - 2450 yds from scrimmage.

Bell and DJ are very similar in size -- both ran a 4.5 40 dash at combine and had very similar bench press #'s. However DJ's explosiveness in his legs is unparalleled as evidenced by his vertical and broad jump #'s compared to L. Bell -- 41.5" and 127" vs. 31.5" and 118", respectively. Zeke's #'s were very close to Bell's -- 32.5" and 118" BTW.

P.S. Besides the other 2 guys have had suspension problems (rumored Zeke is getting suspended 1-2 games and will begin his 2nd yr in the NFL with already 1 strike) so as far as the #1 back to be chosen by most of the GM's in the NFL, I have to believe DJ would get most of the votes.

I read the same thing on PFT, and I think it was Florio that was questioning that number. I'm not up to speed on the circumstances of Elliot's transgressions, but my first thought was that if it turned out to be more than 2 games he would not be available for the Cowboys when they visit Arizona in week 3 for MNF.
    Anybody have any comments about that?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...31t7cdtrv9ov83
    Last edited by CardCore; 07-16-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I read the same thing on PFT, and I think it was Florio that was questioning that number. I'm not up to speed on the circumstances of Elliot's transgressions, but my first thought was that if it turned out to be more than 2 games he would not be available for the Cowboys when they visit Arizona in week 3 for MNF.
    Anybody have any comments about that?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...31t7cdtrv9ov83
    The Cowboys could be facing two of the best defenses in the NFL without Elliot, Denver and Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonredbird View Post
    The Cowboys could be facing two of the best defenses in the NFL without Elliot, Denver and Arizona.
    I didn't see a qualified comment on the length of a potential suspension. Only speculation about Elliott maybe being out 1-2 games, at most. Although any regular season time away from the Cowboys team will definitely impact his preparations for game #3.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    I didn't see a qualified comment on the length of a potential suspension. Only speculation about Elliott maybe being out 1-2 games, at most. Although any regular season time away from the Cowboys team will definitely impact his preparations for game #3.
    When you read the article were you surprised to see Arizona mentioned as one of the best defenses in the NFL?