Thread: Padded Practices

Default Padded Practices

Anyone have a clue which upcoming practices are padded?

Quote Originally Posted by aaaaudio View Post
    Anyone have a clue which upcoming practices are padded?
    I was curious to see the responses to this question posted by aaaaudio back on 7/16 and scrolled down the list of messages to find it. (Not sure if the question is about full contact tackling or simply dressed out in pads/gear)

No answer which is curious because I'd think they'd be plenty of fans who'd show up at preseason practice wanting to watch players in pads.

Good article on the changed approach to padded practices:

https://theringer.com/nfl-training-c...e-c4b38ab6b43d

Here's the Cards practice schedule (with no indication on pads).
    http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...camp-2017.html
    Last edited by Canyonram; 07-22-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Somebody asked in the "Birds of a Feather Chat"....

Here was Darren's response:

Darren Urban

Padded practices begin Monday, July 24. The first two days are like OTA workouts. CBA-mandated.

Once the pads go on, there will only be a few non-padded days planned, but when those are I do not know. (And things can always change based on how camp is going.)
    Last edited by CardCore; 07-22-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Somebody asked in the "Birds of a Feather Chat"....

Here was Darren's response:

Darren Urban

Padded practices begin Monday, July 24. The first two days are like OTA workouts. CBA-mandated.

Once the pads go on, there will only be a few non-padded days planned, but when those are I do not know. (And things can always change based on how camp is going.)
    Thanks for the follow-up answer.

Guess 'pads' are not the issue but 'full contact-tackling-while in pads.' That's where the big change has gone down and, for wear-and-tear on players, where you can see the benefits.

Getting a team ready to go full bore in a game is another matter. With the severe reductions in full contact practice, players are not able to work on both blocking and tackling techniques within the scheme.

Cards have evolved into a veteran group on O who have been on the same page of the playbook. It is our D with the loss of several starters in the middle at all three levels where the lack of full contact may be a concern. We really need our D to come out and playing the scheme to perfection and not wiffing on their tackling techniques due to a lack of 'real' practice.