Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp reports have mitigated 3 Biggest Concerns -- but a NEW ONE has shown up

I'm as big of a fan as anyone when it comes to the Honey Badger.

But I have to say, I have real concerns about him.

First he has had two serious injuries. Has his body completely healed from that that?.....or just 90%....I'm no doctor, but do you really come back as good as you were? Again I don't know.

Maybe more important is the psychological aspect of it. I don't know about you, but if I try to do something and injure myself....twice....my confidence will take a hit.

I truly hope the Badger will overcome these things, and am rooting for him, but we'll have to see....
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post

First he has had two serious injuries. Has his body completely healed from that that?.....or just 90%....I'm no doctor, but do you really come back as good as you were? Again I don't know.

Maybe more important is the psychological aspect of it. I don't know about you, but if I try to do something and injure myself....twice....my confidence will take a hit.

I truly hope the Badger will overcome these things, and am rooting for him, but we'll have to see....
    Been wondering the same thing (I`m no Doctor either) but these guys have such a freakish competitive nature that i don`t think us normal joes can understand it..i hope he does`nt come up gun shy...time will tell i reckon
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 07-30-2017 at 01:59 AM. Reason: can`t spell
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Been wondering the same thing (I`m no Doctor either) but these guys have such a freakish competitive nature that i don`t think us normal joes can understand it..i hope he does`nt come up gun shy...time will tell i reckon
    Adrian Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    Adrian Peterson
    we can Hope!
    Thing is Badger has been hurt here more than he has been healthy,1 great season in 4 yrs is worrisome
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 07-30-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

He made a nice hit on Penny yesterday at the red and white practice but obviously he's not all the way there yet. With the extra week of practice because of the HOF game, it might be better that he's methodically trying to work his way back to 100%. At some point the switch has to come on and the team will have to be ready for the regular season but I just want no injuries right now. Keim's draft this year is proving important already this training camp. The first 2 picks have proven to be assurance to protect the depth on defense.
    Last edited by BulldogsCards; 07-30-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    He made a nice hit on Penny yesterday at the red and white practice but obviously he's not all the way there yet. With the extra week of practice because of the HOF game, it might be better that he's methodically trying to work his way back to 100%. At some point the switch has to come on and the team will have to be ready for the regular season but I just want no injuries right now. Keim's draft this year is proving important already this training camp. The first 2 picks have proven to be assurance to protect the depth on defense.
    Wolfley said this morning that Tyrann is looking a little more like "the Badger" lately and Evan Boehm has been looking very good in camp. He then continued his praise of Nkemdiche -- said the veterans are starting to talk very high praise on Nkemdiche. Veldhher and Boehm both saying Nkemdiche will have a great year citing his quickness-strength and Veldheer said he has a "little nasty." Wolfley (who says Frostee Rucker does not normally praise young players) said at a practice turning to everyone "Watch This" when Nkemdiche lined up to do one on one drills with the OL.

Keim was just on 98.7 and cited Dawson, Nkemdiche ("don't want to hail him to the HOF yet but he's done everything asked to get better"), Boehm and Pierre as having a great camp -- DJ Humphries taking further steps to improve and looks really good... SK had good things to say about all of the 1st string OL. Jaron Brown -- PP21 - Honey Badger "just starting to come around to looking good" -- "making more plays lately" - Dansby as vets having strong camp.

SK had good things to say about BG and the latter's good play has created competition for Stanton who SK said has been good at camp.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 07-31-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    Are you implying we haven't had a TE stopper in the past? Cause we had one in Tony Jefferson the past 2-3 years before his departure.

But hopefully, Reddick becomes one too to fill that void.
    I am pretty sure that is what he was implying, and if he wasn't I AM saying that now. This team has had big problems covering Tight Ends for years now. The weakest part of Tony Jefferson's game is coverage, it is why I was not horrified to lose him like some others were.

Quote Originally Posted by CARdizzles View Post
    I am pretty sure that is what he was implying, and if he wasn't I AM saying that now. This team has had big problems covering Tight Ends for years now. The weakest part of Tony Jefferson's game is coverage, it is why I was not horrified to lose him like some others were.
    If you really believe that, then you clearly didn't watch Tony Jefferson the past 2 years. I'm not trying to sound like jack**s, & if I am, sorry.

Tony Jefferson was the reason Tight Ends didn't torch like us like they usually do the past 2 years. Can you name any that has outside of Jimmy Graham last season in the 2nd meeting(which Tony got injured early in that game anyway. He was clearly missed).

The weakest part of Tony's game was covering WRs, not TEs. We'll miss him in the department, although I do have faith both Reddick & Baker will pick up where he left off.
    Last edited by ClutchDJ; 07-31-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    If you really believe that, then you clearly didn't watch Tony Jefferson the past 2 years. I'm not trying to sound like jack**s, & if I am, sorry.

Tony Jefferson was the reason Tight Ends didn't torch like us like they usually do the past 2 years. Can you name any that has outside of Jimmy Graham last season in the 2nd meeting(which Tony got injured early in that game anyway. He was clearly missed).

The weakest part of Tony's game was covering WRs, not TEs. We'll miss him in the department, although I do have faith both Reddick & Baker will pick up where he left off.
    Jefferson was average at best in coverage. he might his hay in run support.

The reason TE's didn't "torch" the Cards has much, much more to do with scheme (bracketing the seam deep and way more Quarters-type coverage away from PP-- almost like a box-and-one for the basketball fans out there) and luck (name a true stud TE beyond Gronk right now) than Jefferson.

Graham's stat line in the game you referenced: 2rec/43yds.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Jefferson was average at best in coverage. he might his hay in run support.

The reason TE's didn't "torch" the Cards has much, much more to do with scheme (bracketing the seam deep and way more Quarters-type coverage away from PP-- almost like a box-and-one for the basketball fans out there) and luck (name a true stud TE beyond Gronk right now) than Jefferson.

Graham's stat line in the game you referenced: 2rec/43yds.
    No, Jefferson was great at defending TEs. He wasn't good at covering slot WRs. He was also decent at covering RBs.

He held all these dudes in check since 2015: Bennett, Graham, Olsen(TWICE. He was probably the lone bright spot on defense in that NFC Ship game, & even though Eifert got one him, it was a fantastic throw by Dalton. You mentioned scheme, but you also need the right players to fit that scheme & Tony had fit that scheme to a T.

He made his hay in run support, but he was also pretty d**n good at covering TEs & stopped the dominance of TEs used to leave on us.

I don't know why, but I remember Jimmy scoring more than once that game. I know he did after Tony left for injury. Ah well.
    Last edited by ClutchDJ; 07-31-2017 at 04:51 PM.