Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gruden

Default Gruden

I predict that Jon Gruden becomes the next HC of the Cardinals after BA retires following this season . Ok share with me all the reasons you think it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dills View Post
    I predict that Jon Gruden becomes the next HC of the Cardinals after BA retires following this season . Ok share with me all the reasons you think it will never happen.
    troll much?

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    troll much?
    Like everybody KNOWS this is his last season...right? Oh wait..
    The question of Daryl Washington.

I hope not. Gruden loves coaching so much he's been hiding in the broadcast booth all these years like Dungy and Cowher. I'd leave them all there.

He's a publicity whore.

It's true BA's shelf life is limited now especially with all his health problems but I'd pass on Gruden.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Chuckie Gruden would be a good follow-up HC to foul-mouth Uncle Bruce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9NDhJSNZMY

If we can't get Gruden, maybe we can get Frank Caliendo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc-xX0vvmxk

Why would Gruden leave the booth ? Other than money he has a sweet gig. And I'm sure he makes a decent living as a talking head.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Why would Gruden leave the booth ? Other than money he has a sweet gig. And I'm sure he makes a decent living as a talking head.
    Ha! Gruden makes 6.5 million a year on ESPN salary alone. That means he's paid more than all but 6 NFL HC's. Belichick, Carroll, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, Andy Reid and Mike Tomlin.

He also makes money in endorsements which he wouldn't have time to do if he were a HC. He makes more than over 80% of NFL Head coaches and works 5 months a year instead of 12. It's going to take a king's ransom, and the perfect situation, think Aaron Rodgers under center, for him to leave the best gig in the country.
    You mean soccer? The sport for 4th graders that foreigners take seriously?

If the latest headline I read is to be believed, he's expressed a willingness to coaching again. As for being the next coach of the Cards, I guess anything is possible in the NFL should there be a major coaching change anywhere in the league. We may be looking at a coaching change if we fall to another losing season, who knows.....or we could be looking at a coaching change even with a winning season if BA's health becomes an issue. Again, who knows. Personally I doubt Gruden would go to the Cards.

I personally wouldn't want Arians to leave, but if that did happen I'd hope to bring Cowher out of retirement.