Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Why would Gruden leave the booth ? Other than money he has a sweet gig. And I'm sure he makes a decent living as a talking head.
    7 million per year is what he is making, they were discussing it on 98.7 last week. Apparently Gruden has the itch to return to coaching and they were running through teams that he might want to take over. B-Train thinks he is crazy for even thinking but leaving his job to return to coaching. It would be a paycut and would add all those extra hours to his week.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    7 million per year is what he is making, they were discussing it on 98.7 last week. Apparently Gruden has the itch to return to coaching and they were running through teams that he might want to take over. B-Train thinks he is crazy for even thinking but leaving his job to return to coaching. It would be a paycut and would add all those extra hours to his week.
    I agree with you. How many individuals would go from working 40 to 50 hour weeks, 7 months a year for $7 million to working 70 to 80 hours weeks 10 months a year for $5 million? Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by DocCard View Post
    I personally wouldn't want Arians to leave, but if that did happen I'd hope to bring Cowher out of retirement.
    I think Cowher is retired-retired from NFL coaching. He's been out of coaching for too long to have much credibility outside of W. PA.

If an NFL VP or team GM job was offered, maybe that would get Cowher's attention. Though I don't think he's qualified for either.

And he's just a so-so NFL Sunday expert.

My anti-Steeler bias is showing again.

If Gruden is making that much it just is a sample of why ESPN is going down the crapper.

The difference between Arians and Gruden is that everyone likes AND respects Arians.

We're more likely to get LaVar Ball to coach the team.

I think we promote from within.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post
    If Gruden is making that much it just is a sample of why ESPN is going down the crapper.

The difference between Arians and Gruden is that everyone likes AND respects Arians.

And I think our HC of the future is coaching the NYJ team today. That team is ripe for another bad year. Bowles is on rapidly thinning ice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2926680

Unless BA suffers a collapse of his health forcing him to retire from coaching speculation on his successor is premature. He'll fulfill his current contract and if the Cardinals go to the SB this season there will be an extension awaiting him. He will want to defend his title (?) and oversee, with MBSK, the evolution of the roster.

Besides, a less dramatic way to view BA's successor is handing the reins over to Goodwin or Bettcher. Bowles cannot come back when Bettcher has been as, if not more, of a successful DC as Bowles. Todd Bowles coming back would destroy the everything BA has accomplished insofar as developing his 'coaching tree.' Bowles moved on and has received his 'helping hand' that BA is working to extend to both his OC and DC now.

If the Cardinals finish the season with their offense and/or defense close to top five in the league the real challenge for MBSK will who between Goodwin and Bettcher to hand over the car keys to when BA calls it quits?

Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post

Monday Night Football is probably one of the few ESPN shows not going down the crapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    Unless BA suffers a collapse of his health forcing him to retire from coaching speculation on his successor is premature. He'll fulfill his current contract and if the Cardinals go to the SB this season there will be an extension awaiting him. He will want to defend his title (?) and oversee, with MBSK, the evolution of the roster.

Besides, a less dramatic way to view BA's successor is handing the reins over to Goodwin or Bettcher. Bowles cannot come back when Bettcher has been as, if not more, of a successful DC as Bowles. Todd Bowles coming back would destroy the everything BA has accomplished insofar as developing his 'coaching tree.' Bowles moved on and has received his 'helping hand' that BA is working to extend to both his OC and DC now.

If the Cardinals finish the season with their offense and/or defense close to top five in the league the real challenge for MBSK will who between Goodwin and Bettcher to hand over the car keys to when BA calls it quits?
    I doubt the FO has an Arians replacement in mind now. That's just not the FO way. Arians health has to be a concern short-term.

I'd go with Bettcher if the pool limit is the two coordinators.