Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 113

Thread: **The Official BUDDA BAKER Hype Thread**

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,058

    Default **The Official BUDDA BAKER Hype Thread**

    Budda needs to be talked about WAY more than he is.

    Remember when Tyrann was drafted? Everyone was talking about him moreso than Coop or Minter. He was the hot story going into camp. And understandably so. He was a terror in college. He was arguably the best player we drafted, despite it being in the 3rd round. So expectations were very high.

    Regarding Budda Baker: almost no discussion. No front page cover stories. Just another draft pick. And I'm guilty of it as well. I do not think about Budda Baker. When I go to practice, he should the #1 guy I watch, and often times I forget to even look for him. Very similar to Tyrann, Budda is the best player we drafted in the 2017 draft. Its not even close. Reddick has big potential someday, but Budda is a monster already.


    So, I will take it upon myself to try to excite the fans (myself included) in the prospect of Budda Baker:


    - He is 5'9. If he were 6' he wouldve been the #1 DB taken in the draft.

    - He is every bit as instinctual as Honey Badger. He is a right place/right time machine.

    - He cant catch but he breaks up receptions like a drunk uncle at a wedding.

    - Despite his size, hes very durable.

    - Hes very fast. Sideline to sideline pure safety.

    - passionate all-pro mentality. Zero maturity risks.

    - Taught everything he knows from Earl Thomas; who is an amazing player. Trains with Earl. (Hes a seahawks fan, but we'll forgive him)

    - Consistent high level play. Started as a true freshman. Hes a naturally gifted football player.

    - If he performs as a expected, he is a future "highest paid safety" multi-pro bowler cornerstone for this franchise.



    We collectively should be WAY more excited about Budda than we are. He is every bit on the level with Tyrann. Complete gamewrecking ability.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    You should have no choice but to notice him and from all I hear that is not the case.

    You can hype it all you want, but its his play that has to happen. Sounds like you are purely speaking off draft potential, not something you have seen personally?

    He should be under a microscope considering We straight up gave up three picks for him (2nd, and two 4ths) and also traded a 6th for a 7th for him. We gave up more than we got in the Anquan Boldin trade so he better be all you claim he is.

    I expect pro bowl type production out of him giving up so much. I said this before that I am not hearing much about him at all. I am excited to watch him play and see for myself what to think of him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glendale, Home of Champions
    Posts
    5,443

    Default

    Midgets aren't game wreckers in the NFL. They show up occasionally with a good play. Let's hope he can do that much.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post

    He should be under a microscope considering We straight up gave up three picks for him (2nd, and two 4ths) and also traded a 6th for a 7th for him. We gave up more than we got in the Anquan Boldin trade so he better be all you claim he is.

    I expect pro bowl type production out of him giving up so much. I said this before that I am not hearing much about him at all. I am excited to watch him play and see for myself what to think of him.
    This post perfectly demonstrates the reason I made this thread.

    Why do you think we gave up all of that for him? Because hes a monster and thats my point. Im saying the hype and expectation on him should be through the roof, but its not. As you said, we're not hearing much about him. No football has been played yet so theres no actual news to report on him yet, however the excitement and interest in him should be higher than it is.


    Imagine if we traded for the #1 overall pick and drafted a QB. And following the draft you hear very little fan discussion about the new QB. Wouldnt you feel like youre in the twilight zone? The new QB should be dominating the discussions.

    Thats how it should be with Baker. We have a potential all-pro here and people forget him as if hes a 6th rounder.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    This post perfectly demonstrates the reason I made this thread.

    Why do you think we gave up all of that for him? Because hes a monster and thats my point. Im saying the hype and expectation on him should be through the roof, but its not. As you said, we're not hearing much about him. No football has been played yet so theres no actual news to report on him yet, however the excitement and interest in him should be higher than it is.


    Imagine if we traded for the #1 overall pick and drafted a QB. And following the draft you hear very little fan discussion about the new QB. Wouldnt you feel like youre in the twilight zone? The new QB should be dominating the discussions.

    Thats how it should be with Baker. We have a potential all-pro here and people forget him as if hes a 6th rounder.
    That's the problem. The coaching staff isn't saying anything about him. The media isn't say much about him. The fans aren't coming back from attending practice and talking about what a beast he was. Can't talk about someone who isn't doing anything to talk about.

    Trust me, I am all over this. I can say I am excited and nervous. That's why he is on my top 3 of players to watch tomorrow. I need some glimpse that we made the right choice.

    We passed up some players that could help this team in both 2nd and the 4th. Keim should be persecuted if he doesn't become a star or darn close. I hate trading away picks like that so I have high expectations and I want to see some flashes.

    People are hyping Kizer right now. Maybe not be accurate but if he turns out to be a player this board is going to whine and moan for 10 years. There were CB's in 2nd and 4th that would possibly help this D more at this time.

    Its a lot of pressure on Baker, but when you trade 4 picks for someone they better ball out. I hope he tears it up!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    That's the problem. The coaching staff isn't saying anything about him. The media isn't say much about him. The fans aren't coming back from attending practice and talking about what a beast he was. Can't talk about someone who isn't doing anything to talk about.

    Trust me, I am all over this. I can say I am excited and nervous. That's why he is on my top 3 of players to watch tomorrow. I need some glimpse that we made the right choice.

    We passed up some players that could help this team in both 2nd and the 4th. Keim should be persecuted if he doesn't become a star or darn close. I hate trading away picks like that so I have high expectations and I want to see some flashes.

    People are hyping Kizer right now. Maybe not be accurate but if he turns out to be a player this board is going to whine and moan for 10 years. There were CB's in 2nd and 4th that would possibly help this D more at this time.

    Its a lot of pressure on Baker, but when you trade 4 picks for someone they better ball out. I hope he tears it up!
    At least know your facts if you are going to argue.

    The Cards gave up 3 picks (two 4's and a 6) to MOVE UP in the 2nd. And they also GOT BACK a 7.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    At least know your facts if you are going to argue.

    The Cards gave up 3 picks (two 4's and a 6) to MOVE UP in the 2nd. And they also GOT BACK a 7.
    Read my first post before you chime in. I said they dropped from 6th to 7th. That is still more than just 3 picks but I didn't feel like typing all that again in the same thread.

    And you can put your holier than though crap away because I'm still waiting for Momah to be cut LIKE MR KNOW IT ALL says ALWAYS ALWAYS happens. Guess you were wrong pal.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Remember when Brandon Williams was getting major hype before his first preseason game last year?

    Yea, I'd rather not hear anything out of TC whether it's praise or slander at all.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post
    Midgets aren't game wreckers in the NFL. They show up occasionally with a good play. Let's hope he can do that much.
    Earl Thomas
    5'10
    202 lbs
    4.43 FYD


    Budda Baker
    5'10
    195 lbs
    4.45 FYD

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    Remember when Brandon Williams was getting major hype before his first preseason game last year?

    Yea, I'd rather not hear anything out of TC whether it's praise or slander at all.
    You make a good point for sure. Like I said, when the games start happening we can all make our own assessments. I think Budda will do well tomorrow and impress some people. Hopeful anyhow...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •