Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: **The Official BUDDA BAKER Hype Thread**

Budda really impressive in coverage. Hes one heck of a sticky CB. When you really start to examine our defense, we could have tremendous pass coverage ability.

2 extremely good coverage safeties in Budda and Tyrann. PP as #1 CB. Deone whos one of the better coverage LBs. And Reddick who has very high upside coverage abilities.

and then theres the #2 CB. lolol.

Its the same as getting an A+ on every exam all year, getting an F on the finale, and having your average be a B-.

I swear if we find a #2 CB we might have the best pass Defense in the league, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Budda really impressive in coverage. Hes one heck of a sticky CB. When you really start to examine our defense, we could have tremendous pass coverage ability.

2 extremely good coverage safeties in Budda and Tyrann. PP as #1 CB. Deone whos one of the better coverage LBs. And Reddick who has very high upside coverage abilities.

Its the same as getting an A+ on every exam all year, getting an F on the finale, and having your average be a B-.

I swear if we find a #2 CB we might have the best pass Defense in the league, no question.
    I 100% agree.

What I'm really worried about is how the Run-D will look, though.

Absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    I 100% agree.

What I'm really worried about is how the Run-D will look, though.
    For sure. CC was a top 10 run defender and Jefferson was the #1 run D S in the entire NFL. You dont lose those guys without taking a step backward. For what its worth, I was inspired by our DL showing in PS game #1. Even without CC we still have good talent on the line.

For sure. CC was a top 10 run defender and Jefferson was the #1 run D S in the entire NFL. You dont lose those guys without taking a step backward. For what its worth, I was inspired by our DL showing in PS game #1. Even without CC we still have good talent on the line.
    I hope so. We will find out what we have in Week 3 vs the Cowboys and Elliot, if he's playing. Even if he's not, their Oline is good enough to make most RBs look good.

Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post
    Midgets aren't game wreckers in the NFL. They show up occasionally with a good play. Let's hope he can do that much.
    He looks pretty good to me. Frank Minnifield on the Brown's in 80's was same size and he started the dawg pound with Hanford Dixon, the cb opposite of him. They both could ball, and anyone can see Budda Baker is a natural, high football IQ rarely out of position, physical player.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Looked good vs the Raiders.

Keeping in mind this is preseason, but for a rookie he is constantly in good position. He had a stupendous diving pass breakup. Those are extremely difficult, keep in mind if he wiffs, the receiver has a free 40 yard TD. And Ive seen him do that twice now.

On a sidenote, regarding safeties, Bethea looked awful. I think Baker is coming along alot faster than expected, we can start him year 1. Cut Bethea. Eat that dumb contract Keim gave him.
    Last edited by Zaz; 08-14-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Looked good vs the Raiders.

Keeping in mind this is preseason, but for a rookie he is constantly in good position. He had a stupendous diving pass breakup. Those are extremely difficult, keep in mind if he wiffs, the receiver has a free 40 yard TD. And Ive seen him do that twice now.

On a sidenote, regarding safeties, Bethea looked awful. I think Baker is coming along alot faster than expected, we can start him year 1. Cut Bethea. Eat that dumb contract Keim gave him.
    I was at the game and didn't notice Bethea looking awful. He is here to be the older vet...supposed to be a great locker room position leader and led his team in tackles last year. Slower now, but typical crafty vet who gets the job done and leads the younger guys in how to prepare and grow.

I'm very happy that the guys who have stood out in the first 2 preseason games were Gabbert on offense and Baker/Nkemdiche on defense in the Dallas game, then Stanton on offense and Nkemdiche/Baker vs Oakland. These are the guys we will need in the future. We know what Palmer, Fitz, Johnson, the Browns, Peterson, Honey Badger, etc bring.

Bethea and Dansby are bandaids, not part of the long term plan.
    Last edited by Dry Heat; 08-14-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I was at the game and didn't notice Bethea looking awful. He is here to be the older vet...supposed to be a great locker room position leader and led his team in tackles last year. Slower now, but typical crafty vet who gets the job done and leads the younger guys in how to prepare and grow.

Bethea and Dansby are bandaids, not part of the long term plan.
    Hes getting paid way too much to just be a good influence babysitter. And yes, they are bandaids not here for the long term, but if Baker keeps balling out, then whats the need for Bethea? The future is here now. No reason not to play Baker if hes alrdy better than Bethea.

Hes getting paid way too much to just be a good influence babysitter. And yes, they are bandaids not here for the long term, but if Baker keeps balling out, then whats the need for Bethea? The future is here now. No reason not to play Baker if hes alrdy better than Bethea.
    Bethea is a SS-only, in-box run-stuffer in base.

Baker is a hybrid in the Mathieu mold who will play some SS in Nickel, FS when Mathieu is playing slot CB, and slot CB in base when Mathieu is at FS. He might even show looks at $LB.

Two vastly different players, who each will have large roles on the 2017 Cardinals.

Bethea's $3.4M cap hit pays for itself with his leadership, sure tackling, and run support.