Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: **The Official BUDDA BAKER Hype Thread**

Keep in mind Budda has been behind the 8 ball ever since he got drafted. He was absent for OTA's and mini camp. Just sayin'...
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Keep in mind Budda has been behind the 8 ball ever since he got drafted. He was absent for OTA's and mini camp. Just sayin'...
    Nobody has said the sky is falling or that he is a bust. This conversation could have been had the day after he was drafted. Cards gave up a lot for him.

And a week and half into camp I'm not buying missing some OTA's as an excuse. Hopefully he comes out guns a blazin tomorrow and looks awesome. He has plenty of games to learn the system and get comfortable. May not happen tomorrow, but hopefully soon.

Too soon to talk about rookies, yet we and every other fan base do it every year. Truth is we have some great potential young talent and Keim has the vets in place to show them the way.

“It gives me a jump on everybody in the league because Larry is the top dog in the league. Larry’s taught me everything and I’m still not done picking his brain by a long shot. It’ll take a while. He’s going to give you all the tools that he has, everything in his mind to try and make you better and be the best you possibly can be and I thank him for that.” -Chad Williams on Fitz

“That’s kind of what I’m here for, to give the young kids and the young players some knowledge. Any questions that Budda has, I’ve told him to feel free and come ask me. It’s all about paying it forward.” -Antoine Bethea on Budda Baker

“It’s like he wants to help me. That’s what’s great about all of our veterans. Whether you ask them questions or not, if they see something – a tip or a pointer – they’re going to let you know what you’re doing right and what you’re doing wrong.” - Hassan Reddick on Karlos Dansby

Same stuff for both Palmer and Stanton talking about Gabbert and Knight these days.

It's just like any other job. Young people with lots of potential and drive but you never really know.

who cares about hype.

I like this kid but lets see what he does on the field.

Hype doesn't make you a good player.

If Keim was hyping him I'd be nervous. Look at Brandon last year. It seemed so fake to me at the time and so over the top.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Budda needs to be talked about WAY more than he is.

Remember when Tyrann was drafted? Everyone was talking about him moreso than Coop or Minter. He was the hot story going into camp. And understandably so. He was a terror in college. He was arguably the best player we drafted, despite it being in the 3rd round. So expectations were very high.

Regarding Budda Baker: almost no discussion. No front page cover stories. Just another draft pick. And I'm guilty of it as well. I do not think about Budda Baker. When I go to practice, he should the #1 guy I watch, and often times I forget to even look for him. Very similar to Tyrann, Budda is the best player we drafted in the 2017 draft. Its not even close. Reddick has big potential someday, but Budda is a monster already.

So, I will take it upon myself to try to excite the fans (myself included) in the prospect of Budda Baker:

- He is 5'9. If he were 6' he wouldve been the #1 DB taken in the draft.

- He is every bit as instinctual as Honey Badger. He is a right place/right time machine.

- He cant catch but he breaks up receptions like a drunk uncle at a wedding.

- Despite his size, hes very durable.

- Hes very fast. Sideline to sideline pure safety.

- passionate all-pro mentality. Zero maturity risks.

- Taught everything he knows from Earl Thomas; who is an amazing player. Trains with Earl. (Hes a seahawks fan, but we'll forgive him)

- Consistent high level play. Started as a true freshman. Hes a naturally gifted football player.

- If he performs as a expected, he is a future "highest paid safety" multi-pro bowler cornerstone for this franchise.

We collectively should be WAY more excited about Budda than we are. He is every bit on the level with Tyrann. Complete gamewrecking ability.
    Until he gets through training camp healthy and actually makes plays in a game that counts, he's dead to me.

Prioritize watching Budda through the preseason games.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Great point.

But I'm jazzed. I think we has drafted as Tyrann injury backup plan. But if they can play together that's a bonus.

But there are so many guys we need to look at it's not like in the past where all we really were fixated on was the first rounder.

We have NKemdeache, Hassan, Baker, TJ Logan and even the OL to look at, 3 new positions basically, whatchamacalleit on the LT side, Veldeer on the RT side and Evan Boem on RG.

And even Blaine.

So tons of stuff to see!!

Quote Originally Posted by CB1100F View Post
    Great point.

But I'm jazzed. I think we has drafted as Tyrann injury backup plan. But if they can play together that's a bonus.

But there are so many guys we need to look at it's not like in the past where all we really were fixated on was the first rounder.

We have NKemdeache, Hassan, Baker, TJ Logan and even the OL to look at, 3 new positions basically, whatchamacalleit on the LT side, Veldeer on the RT side and Evan Boem on RG.

And even Blaine.

So tons of stuff to see!!
    Well you wont see Veldeer or Boehm but we also need to see the corners. A lot to look at for sure. I would add Pierre, Scooby Wright, Penny, Chad Williams and back up safeties Miller and Ford.

For being behind the 8-ball, missing OTA's, he looked good tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    For being behind the 8-ball, missing OTA's, he looked good tonight.
    Definitely one of tonight's standouts.