Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Cardinals Vs. Cowboys 2017 NFL Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game Night Thread***

cardinals ***Cardinals Vs. Cowboys 2017 NFL Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game Night Thread***

Hi, Birdgang and Cardinals Nation! American professional football is back on the playing field as our Arizona Cardinals and the Dallas Cowboys officially begin and start the 2017 NFL season on international television as both teams play for tonight's NFL Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game to be played in Canton, Ohio.

Hopefully there should not be another cancellation of tonight's Pro Football Hall of Fame game. Last year's HOF Game between the Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts was cancelled because of the field conditions and slippage at midfield and end zones , and both the Packers and Colts were also concerned on their players safety at the time. Not only was the entire playing surface was replaced, but added structural improvements at the stadium with new seats and luxury suites were both constructed and completed at the Tom Benson Hall Of Fame Stadium in a year's time.

Cardinals begin their 98th overall season as a charter member of the NFL, 30th season in the State Of Arizona, and also their 12th year playing their home games at the University Of Phoenix Stadium.

A glowing weakness that the Cardinals have been improving this year through their Organized Team Activities (OTA's) and mini-camp this past Spring, and their present training camp at the UoP Stadium, is greatly improving their Special Teams, which contributed to their 7-8-1 2016 NFL regular season record. Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians and his coaching staff have been making adjustments as a team in training. Arizona, New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers were the only NFL teams that finished the 2016 regular season in the Top 5 statisically in both Total Offense and Total Defense, but the Cardinals eliminated themselves from the playoffs, one of the reasons because of their special teams performance on the field.

Besides the official enshrinement of former Cardinal QB Kurt Warner and the rest of the Class OF 2017 PFHOF inductees in Canton, tonight is also the first live game action debut of the Cardinals Draft Class Of 2017, including the Cardinals first and #21 overall pick and linebacker Hassan Reddick, safety Budda Baker, Wide Receiver Chad Williams, Offensive Guard Dorian Johnson, Offensive Tackle Will Holden, Running Back T.J. Logan, and Safety Jonathan Ford.

Veteran free agents signed by General Manager Steve Keim for the Cardinals 2017 season included former 49er's, QB Blaine Gabbert, Kicker Phil Dawson, and safety Antoine Bethea, and LB Jarvis Jones from the Steelers, and Tramon Williams from the Browns. WR Andre Ellington, and DE Frostee Rucker also return to Arizona, each signing 1-year contracts.

Formers Cardinals who played in the 2016 team, but signed with other NFL teams through their free agency iast spring included DE Calais Campbell (Jaguars), TE Darren Fells (Lions) S D.J. Swearinger (Redskins), and DB Marcus Cooper (Bears).

None of the Cardinals and Cowboy's veteran starting players are not expected to play tonight. Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton, and Larry Fitzgerald are watching tonight's game from the sidelines tonight. Cardinals quarterbacks Blaine Gabbert will lead the Cardinals offense in the first half, while free agent QB Trevor Night will guide the Cardinals offense in the second half.

A new and unique change in the 2017 NFL preseason, is that there will be one major player roster cut from the 90 man roster, directly down to the 53-man regular season roster after the preseason schedule is completed by September 1.

In the past the NFL required all teams to make the first major roster cut from 90 players to 75 players after two preseason game. This adjustment should be beneficial to both our Cardinals and Cowboys, as both their players and coaching staffs will have more playing time and evaluation tonight, and the next preseason games as they play on the field in August, on who and the players make the final 53-man regular season roster.

The enshrinement of the 2017 class of the Pro Football Hall Of Fame Inductees will follow after tonight's game. Both Arizona and Dallas are appropriately well represented from tonight's Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game, with former Cardinals QB Kurt Warner, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

Kurt Warner started his professional football career playing for the Iowa Barnstormers, before playing in the NFL with the St. Louis Rams. Warner also actually in his earlier career auditioned, but was cut, from the Green Bay Packers because incumbent Brett Favre was still active. Warner also played one season of NFL Europe with the Amsterdam Admirals after he signed with the Rams.

Warner also earlier in career, led ' The Greatest Show On Turf,' leading the Rams to win Super Bowl XXXIV, in Atlanta, and also earned and was named Super Bowl XXXIV MVP. Warner was alson named the 2001 NFL MVP after the 2001 season.

I also feel Warner's enshrinement in the NFL Pro Football Hall Of Fame in Canton, Ohio, would have been more special and touching had he not gave up that late game interception to LaMarr Woodley, after his touchdown pass to Fitz late in the game in Super Bowl XIVIII (43), and won the Super Bowl in Tampa back in January 2009. Had the Cardinals won the Super Bowl 43 through his leadership and without that critical interception by Woodley, Warner may have likely and possibly earned another Super Bowl MVP trophy, and helped the Cardinals end their championship drought, and the Cardinals win their first league championship and Super Bowl since 1947.

Besides Cardinals QB Kurt Warner and Cowboys Owner, President and General Manager Jerry Jones, kicker Morten Andersen, safety Kenny Easley, running backs Terrell Davis and LaDainlian Tomlinson, and defensive end Jason Taylor all represent the 2017 Pro Football Hall Of Fame Class Of 2017, and will be officially enshrined at ther PF HOF Game in Canton on Saturday following tonight's game.

Al Michaels and former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Michele Tafoya, for NBC Sports, seen internationally, including locally in the Metro Phoenix Valley on KPNX NBC Channel 12, seen live on HD. KPNX Channel 12 is also televising all Cardinals preseason games in 2017.

Dave Pasch and former Cardinals and Rams fullback Ron Wolfley, are also announcing the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Paul Calvisi, beginning with pregame radio cover at 4:00PM Pacific and Mountain Standard Time, simulcast on flagship station KMVP Arizona Sports 98.7FM, and The Arizona Cardinals Radio Network.

Mostly cloudy skies at 76 degrees, feels like 77 degrees, is the local game forecast inside Tom Benson Hall Of Fame Game Stadium, for the 5:00PM Pacific and Mountain Standard Time kickoff, along with 25% precipitation, 71% humidity, and very mild south/southwest winds at 6 miles per hour,.

Cardinals are the designated 'home' team, wearing the traditional white helmets, red jerseys with white trim, and white pants, while the Cowboys are the designated visiting team, also wearing their silver helmets, white jerseys with blue trim, and silver pants.

Veteran NFL Official Jerome Boger and his officiating crew are assigned the honor, to supervise tonight's Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game in Canton, between the Cardinals and Cowboys.

NO injuries to both the Cardinals and Cowboys players as they battle on the playing field, and also both showcase and audition their talents as they try to earn themselves into the final 53-man regular season roster after the 2017 NFL preseason schedule, and GO CARDINALS!!!!!

Cardinals Vs. Cowboys 2017 NFL Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game Live NFL Game Centers:

http://www.azcardinals.com/schedule/...-schedule.html

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201708...fo@tab=preview

Other Related 2017 Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game Links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Warner

http://www.profootballhof.com/pro-fo...class-of-2017/

http://www.footballzebras.com/2017/0...e-game-crew-2/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_A...rdinals_season
    Last edited by Westgate; 08-03-2017 at 08:42 AM.

I had not known that about the roster cut. That will help as we usually have limited number of guys to play that final preseason game so guys are in there too long.

Feels very odd there is a Cardinals game tonight
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Anyone know if Chad Williams will be starting tonight?
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOna_Style View Post
    Feels very odd there is a Cardinals game tonight
    I must be honest I was not happy about us playing in this game. Extra practice time and extra game to get guys hurt. I like we are sitting starters although I hope Reddick gets a series at least. I know the Badger would like to get a series in as well, but I dont think he will get his wish.

Now that the game is here I am pumped to watch some of the youngsters and bubble guys.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Anyone know if Chad Williams will be starting tonight?
    "starting" is irrelevant considering all players on both sides are 2nd stringers+

But yes, Chad will play given hes at the bottom of the depth chart.

I'm always excited when we play the first preseason game, but this year even more so than most years.

There are just so many intriguing guys that have potential, but haven't had the time to prove one way or the other if they are NFL caliber. I would list them all, but there are too many.

However, I thought I would bring up these two since there has been very few comments on either one of them.

Punters Richie Leone and Matt Wile. Last year, punting arguably created the most negative post on this board. Heres hoping one of these guys shows they can fix that problem.

Last edited by thomas cat; 08-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    "starting" is irrelevant considering all players on both sides are 2nd stringers+

But yes, Chad will play given hes at the bottom of the depth chart.

My question was more centered around him getting significant playing time. Sounds like he will be.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    My question was more centered around him getting significant playing time. Sounds like he will be.
    I'm pumped to see Chad. I was one of the few who liked the pick. I watched him at Sr Bowl and I liked his heart. Decent size and a great kid. Needs to work on those drops and route running and it will be all good. I truly see him as a fan favorite in a couple years.

I'm happy to watch the HOF game even if it's just our Cardinal second and third squads showing what they've got. Already got two pizzas and 50+ wings on order for dinner in front of the TV!

Go Bird Gang!