Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: ***Cardinals Vs. Cowboys 2017 NFL Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game Night Thread***

@Cardschatter: Arians: "There's a chance" Gabbert could push Stanton for No. 2 QB but "there's a long way to go." Stanton knows the offense so much better.

What I read Rudy Ford had ten tackles, more then anyone else. Did he play corner and safety? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonredbird View Post
    What I read Rudy Ford had ten tackles, more then anyone else. Did he play corner and safety? Thoughts?
    He was in at safety and more about Cowboys getting through front 7. He tackled well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    He was in at safety and more about Cowboys getting through front 7. He tackled well though.
    Thanks Belac. After I asked the question I looked up the answer. He did play corner according to this article. He had 9 tackles and 1 special team tackle. Impressive to say the least for his first NFL game.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._in_his_f.html
    Last edited by Oregonredbird; 08-05-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Blaine threw more passes to tight ends in one half than Palmer usually does in 2 games. (OK...maybe I exaggerate). I'm thinking that was by design.
    That's possibly the reason Chad and other receivers didn't seem to play a bigger role.
    BA addressed this with his Saturday presser, BG was going thru his reads properly and those TE receptions where 2nd and 3rd reads. So on those plays the #1 an/or 2 reads were not getting open.

And while Chad is getting dissed in another thread, he did okay.

WR Larry Clark was released, so the WR room is back to only 1 Larry. ;)

And Gabe Martin is now gone after his achilles injury. We'll get to see how fast the vet Bynes can get up to speed at ILB.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    BA addressed this with his Saturday presser, BG was going thru his reads properly and those TE receptions where 2nd and 3rd reads. So on those plays the #1 an/or 2 reads were not getting open.

And while Chad is getting dissed in another thread, he did okay.

WR Larry Clark was released, so the WR room is back to only 1 Larry. ;)

And Gabe Martin is now gone after his achilles injury. We'll get to see how fast the vet Bynes can get up to speed at ILB.

JosEPh
    I think I remember Clark dropping an absolutely catchable ball and cringing about the prospects of that.

I wonder if Palmer is just greedier than Gabbert and wants to throw a longer pass... Lol...he probably just has actual patience to let the play develop longer.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I think I remember Clark dropping an absolutely catchable ball and cringing about the prospects of that.

I wonder if Palmer is just greedier than Gabbert and wants to throw a longer pass... Lol...he probably just has actual patience to let the play develop longer.
    The reality is that Palmer knows BA's deep ball game takes longer to develop and is willing to step up in the pocket to gain those few extra moments to make that play. Yet to see if BG has the huevos to do the same.

The Raiders will be a nice test. Those 15 to 20 plays from the 1st team O and D
    "It's OUR Time"