Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Williams the Ghost

Rookie in his 1st game ever doesnt produce? Hardly a worry. And the point he was playing with Knight is very valid. Put him in with Gabbert. Even if Chad doesnt contribute this year, it doesnt mean hes a bust yet.

However,

BA commenting that Chad is out of shape is very concerning. Being "out of shape" as a pro athlete speaks to a significant lack of dedication. Being in shape is arguably the simplest responsibility you have, and to fail at that is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Rookie in his 1st game ever doesnt produce? Hardly a worry. And the point he was playing with Knight is very valid. Put him in with Gabbert. Even if Chad doesnt contribute this year, it doesnt mean hes a bust yet.

However,

BA commenting that Chad is out of shape is very concerning. Being "out of shape" as a pro athlete speaks to a significant lack of dedication. Being in shape is arguably the simplest responsibility you have, and to fail at that is a problem.
    Let's not a make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Out of shape and not in the optimum shape to compete at this level are two different things.

I worked a full summer, thought I was in fine shape, going into my first Pro hockey camp.

Suddenly I was faced with two a day practices and dry land work and was puking my guts out.

I was fine after about 10 days.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

I thought he made a nice little move to get free and go for extra yards on his catch. I think he was only targeted twice, so 1 for 2 for 19 yards is fine. Now if he was the main option on several other passes but couldn't get open that's another story. I didn't necessarily notice that. Jury still out for me, and with rookies that jury generally stays out for over a year.

Now...T Knight. Jury is not out. What a clear difference between him and Gabbert. Camp arm.

Well I don't think we'll see Knight getting significant play time again so we'll see how CW does with better QB play.
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

It's early so no biggie.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it appears no one noticed the fact that Williams played the entire first half as well, since after all like I said he was a ghost. And yes, while he was a rookie in his first game, he wasn't playing against mostly back up practice squad players with a qb who started games last season.

I was looking forward to seeing what Williams had, was just disappointed that he was practically invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by MattTodd89 View Post
    Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it appears no one noticed the fact that Williams played the entire first half as well, since after all like I said he was a ghost. And yes, while he was a rookie in his first game, he wasn't playing against mostly back up practice squad players with a qb who started games last season.

I was looking forward to seeing what Williams had, was just disappointed that he was practically invisible.
    Was he a first or second read and couldn't get open? I didn't notice it. But I did hear a BA interview saying he was happy with Gabbert's ability to go through progressions in the first half, as many of his nice completions were second or third options.

DITR (Diamond in the Rough) - another one of Keim's attempts to outsmart everyone by reaching to pick an obscure player rather than picking the best player. Yes, another bust as well. Keim tried to do the same with Trevor Knight. Knight was horribly inaccurate and a terrible passer in college. He was a good runner and his best plays were those he made on the ground. I fail to see how anyone would even consider him for an NFL team. He may have been a practice arm but there were far better players who would have been better practice arms like Cooper Rush, Alek Torgerson, or Wes Lunt among others.

Now he did the same with Chad Williams. He is another small school guy with size and speed who lacks technique and hands.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    DITR (Diamond in the Rough) - another one of Keim's attempts to outsmart everyone by reaching to pick an obscure player rather than picking the best player. Yes, another bust as well. Keim tried to do the same with Trevor Knight. Knight was horribly inaccurate and a terrible passer in college. He was a good runner and his best plays were those he made on the ground. I fail to see how anyone would even consider him for an NFL team. He may have been a practice arm but there were far better players who would have been better practice arms like Cooper Rush, Alek Torgerson, or Wes Lunt among others.

Now he did the same with Chad Williams. He is another small school guy with size and speed who lacks technique and hands.
    If you ever happen to own your own company and have to hire some help? I really feel sorry for the unlucky souls that go to work for you and find out on their 1st day on the job they are a total piece of ****.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post

this guy..........

what's wrong wth you? will you ever do a normal post instead of hating on keim and everything he does?

there's place for criticism and differing opinions but you are ridiculous, same crap every season from you. guess the upcoming one is already over and we'll win 4 games max like you have predicted in some sort or form the last few years. did you apply for an aerial scout job and keim didn't hire you because you suck or what is it?