Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Williams the Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Let's not a make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Out of shape and not in the optimum shape to compete at this level are two different things.

I worked a full summer, thought I was in fine shape, going into my first Pro hockey camp.

Suddenly I was faced with two a day practices and dry land work and was puking my guts out.

I was fine after about 10 days.
    That was 1950. Players came to camp and got into shape.

Now fast forward and the modern athlete doesn't get out of shape.

I'm pretty sure this is BA just keeping the kid working hard. But you never know . This kid talks a lot about how great he is going to be. A Terrell Owens type without quite that talent.

But anyway one game is not anything to make a judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    DITR (Diamond in the Rough) - another one of Keim's attempts to outsmart everyone by reaching to pick an obscure player rather than picking the best player. Yes, another bust as well. Keim tried to do the same with Trevor Knight. Knight was horribly inaccurate and a terrible passer in college. He was a good runner and his best plays were those he made on the ground. I fail to see how anyone would even consider him for an NFL team. He may have been a practice arm but there were far better players who would have been better practice arms like Cooper Rush, Alek Torgerson, or Wes Lunt among others.

Now he did the same with Chad Williams. He is another small school guy with size and speed who lacks technique and hands.
    Great post. I can never understand why NFL GM's try to get an edge by drafting players they think are going to outperform mediocre players from big time college programs.

I thought the kid looked fine for his 1st game..calling boom or bust after 1 glorified practice is a bit premature ..unless we are talking about Brandon Williams,,not good
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Any in house camp hype needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I would say only 2 players lived up to the hype during real football, Nkemdiche and Budda Baker. They rest did ok (some linemen) or were completely lost (Williams/ Reddick)

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    DITR (Diamond in the Rough) - another one of Keim's attempts to outsmart everyone by reaching to pick an obscure player rather than picking the best player. Yes, another bust as well. Keim tried to do the same with Trevor Knight. Knight was horribly inaccurate and a terrible passer in college. He was a good runner and his best plays were those he made on the ground. I fail to see how anyone would even consider him for an NFL team. He may have been a practice arm but there were far better players who would have been better practice arms like Cooper Rush, Alek Torgerson, or Wes Lunt among others.

Now he did the same with Chad Williams. He is another small school guy with size and speed who lacks technique and hands.
    Do you know who the Cardinals contacted to come into Camp? If you are Cooper Rush are you going to Dallas or are you coming to Az to be behind Palmer, Stanton and Gabbert?

Don't just spew negativity without thinking a bit.

I'm sure you were whining when Cards took David Johnson and John Brown from small schools instead of the person you thought was the best player.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Do you know who the Cardinals contacted to come into Camp? If you are Cooper Rush are you going to Dallas or are you coming to Az to be behind Palmer, Stanton and Gabbert?

I'm sure you were whining when Cards took David Johnson and John Brown from small schools instead of the person you thought was the best player.
    You can bet your house on that!
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post

I think everyone was fine with David Johnson since RB wasn't the biggest need at the time. There was a lot of concerns with John Brown and to be honest there are still concerns with Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    I think everyone was fine with David Johnson since RB wasn't the biggest need at the time. There was a lot of concerns with John Brown and to be honest there are still concerns with Brown.
    The concerns with Brown have nothing to do today with when he was drafted.

Why didn't our 3rd round pick DOMINATE in this game??!?!?!? KEIM IS THE WORST! Chad Williams was the worst pick ever! BUSTVILLE!!!!!

I heard Amos Jones was in the draft room and picked up the phone to order Pizza and accidentally called and drafted Chad Williams. They had to cover for him and acted like they wanted him. Arians didn't fire Amos because they are best buddies.

Oh yeah.. this thread is asinine. Dude played in one game and had two passes thrown his way... one of which he got nice YAC. The rest of the games he likely won't have Trevor Knight (RDFA QB Hat Pick) throwing to him so things should improve.
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    That was 1950. Players came to camp and got into shape.

Now fast forward and the modern athlete doesn't get out of shape.

I'm pretty sure this is BA just keeping the kid working hard. But you never know . This kid talks a lot about how great he is going to be. A Terrell Owens type without quite that talent.

But anyway one game is not anything to make a judgement.
    No it certainly wasn't 1950 and I played in an era when guys came to camp in pretty good shape.