Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Tannehill loss and could it affect us

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Do you really think Stanton has any trade value ? You might be able to get a 6th or 7th round pick for AE. Your not going to get much. These other GM have seen what kind of a RB he has become the last 2 years. AE's kind of running backs are a dime a dozen.
    6th coupled with a backup QB would be worth a 3rd that wont touch the field this year... No?

AE has proven when used as the correct type of RB, he can be effective. We just have David Johnson who will take the majority of touches, so AE is expendable. Anything for him is better than nothing.

As far as Stanton having trade value, who knows. No harm in testing the market though.
    Last edited by ecnelis; 08-04-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Youre underestimating the extremely high value of 3rd rounders. His status on the depth chart is irrelevant. All rookies are buried on depth charts. Taking a guy in the 3rd means you plan for him to be a long term starter. I would love Tank but its going to take ALOT to pry him away.

In regards to trading for a guy, your best option is to look for likely cap casualties who will be swiped up quickly by the waiver wire. Who? I dont know. But theres lots of aging CBs who get pushed out by younger guys every year. Trade AE for one of them.
    Last edited by Zaz; 08-04-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Youre underestimating the extremely high value of 3rd rounders. His status on the depth chart is irrelevant. All rookies are buried on depth charts. Taking a guy in the 3rd means you plan for him to be a long term starter. I would love Tank but its going to take ALOT to pry him away.

In regards to trading for a guy, your best option is to look for likely cap casualties who will be swiped up quickly by the waiver wire. Who? I dont know. But theres lots of aging CBs who get pushed out by younger guys every year. Trade AE for one of them.
    Fair point. Rookie deal is 4 years right? I guess it depends on how they view their team and whether they think they will be competing this year (I doubt it) or not.

The question of Daryl Washington.

Boo there goes my pipe dream!
    Last edited by ecnelis; 08-04-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecnelis View Post
    Boo there goes my pipe dream!
    Oooooohhhh.....not nececelery.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by ecnelis View Post
    6th coupled with a backup QB would be worth a 3rd that wont touch the field this year... No?

AE has proven when used as the correct type of RB, he can be effective. We just have David Johnson who will take the majority of touches, so AE is expendable. Anything for him is better than nothing.

As far as Stanton having trade value, who knows. No harm in testing the market though.
    AE may not be expendable anymore with TJ getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardsdingus View Post
    AE may not be expendable anymore with TJ getting hurt.
    AE doesnt return kick offs at least not well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    AE doesnt return kick offs at least not well.
    Sadly he may be the best we have for it and it also will open up a RB spot. Ellington is more similar to Logan than Penny is.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Loyalty is one thing, if he clearly outplays him I have faith the right choice will be made. Plus Keim is not retiring and he needs to worry about future of this team. I think its a no brainer to have Gabbert in the mix. Has to be better than Skelton years.
    I hear you and agree, but Keim was here during the multi-year Butler fiasco and didn't put this foot down on that until it was way beyond the pale. So if Arians plays the loyalty card with Stanton I'd bet Keim plays ball.