Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: What'd we learn from the Dallas game...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Absolutely DJ was a bust....and now he isnt. He came back his 2nd year and performed well in regular season games.


    Nkemdiche is currently a bust and will remain so until he proves he isnt.
    Feel free to maintain this "idiocy"!
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Absolutely DJ was a bust....and now he isnt. He came back his 2nd year and performed well in regular season games.


    Nkemdiche is currently a bust and will remain so until he proves he isnt.
    By that definition the entire draft is a bust at the moment. Last years and this years.
    Last edited by Biggs; 08-07-2017 at 04:28 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    By that definition the entire draft is a bust at the moment. Last years and this years.
    How did you figure that? Last years 1st round has multiple near-pro bowlers and heavy contributors.

    And this years draft hasnt even played in regular season yet....



    Dont argue just to argue. That was ridiculously senseless.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    How did you figure that? Last years 1st round has multiple near-pro bowlers and heavy contributors.

    And this years draft hasnt even played in regular season yet....



    Dont argue just to argue. That was ridiculously senseless.
    And please don't argue with made-up "faux facts." Way to use "near Pro Bowlers" with no way to objectively qualify that term.

    Last year's first round has ONE Pro Bowler (Elliott) who was drafted 4th overall.

    Here are the guys taken 3 picks before and three picks after Nkemdiche:

    1 26 Denver Broncos Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
    1 27 Green Bay Packers Kenny Clark DT UCLA
    1 28 San Francisco 49ers Joshua Garnett G Stanford
    1 29 Arizona Cardinals Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss
    1 30 Carolina Panthers Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech
    1 31 Seattle Seahawks Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M
    2 32 Cleveland Browns Emmanuel Ogbah DE Okla St.

    A real line-up of HoF'ers there!!!!

    LOL at the typical hyperbole from Zaz. Don't know why you guys fuel his illogical fires.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 08-07-2017 at 05:29 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    How did you figure that? Last years 1st round has multiple near-pro bowlers and heavy contributors.

    And this years draft hasnt even played in regular season yet....



    Dont argue just to argue. That was ridiculously senseless.
    All solid points.


    We got near all pro production from his position and we were mediocre anyway. What's the problem? We didn't need him and didn't use him very much. We need him now. You're the one looking in the rear view mirror. Talk about argumentative. What difference does it make if he was a bust last year? We got near all pro production out of the position and fully utilized a very good player on the last year of his contract and protected a cheap investment. He couldn't have busted last year, we had a high quality veteran under an expensive last year contract who we could use like a rented mule.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    All solid points.


    We got near all pro production from his position and we were mediocre anyway. What's the problem? We didn't need him and didn't use him very much. We need him now. You're the one looking in the rear view mirror. Talk about argumentative. What difference does it make if he was a bust last year? We got near all pro production out of the position and fully utilized a very good player on the last year of his contract and protected a cheap investment. He couldn't have busted last year, we had a high quality veteran under an expensive last year contract who we could use like a rented mule.
    You can be certain that all this never enters his mind.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    606

    Default

    If you look up "bust" in the dictionary, you will see a picture of Johnny Manziel. A bust is an early draft pick who gets cut because he can't perform in the NFL. RN is not yet a bust. He was a very athletic immature kid who needed to grow up. Maybe he has.
    Last edited by Sir60; 08-07-2017 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Remove bad words and derogatory comments

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,400

    Default

    Nkemdiche a bust???? LOL Nahh just immature, work ethic at the pro level is different, no room for error. Good coaches always bring out the best in their players and hold them accountable.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    You can be certain that all this never enters his mind.
    You don't think he was drafted to replace Campbell? I certainly do believe that was the plan. They got an opportunity to get a slightly young, immature player with huge upside that they didn't need for another year. It was obvious and that's why he was taken. The fact that he sustained a high ankle sprain in camp made shelving him and reducing his playing time an absolute no brainer. The fact that Campbell was playing for his last contract with another team certainly did play into their plans. These guys may be dumb but this one was obvious.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,886

    Default

    If he didn't have 10 sacks his rookie year he was calling him a bust because he was never a fan of him regardless. Nothing to really harp on

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •