Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Knight...seriously Keim?!!

Default Trevor Knight...seriously Keim?!!

I can't believe we even tried out this guy. He was a terrible passer at Oklahoma. He was drafted at OU primarily because of his speed. He ran a 4.5 40. Oklahoma was looking for their version of Johnny Manziel after Manziel torched OU in their bowl game. He was horribly inaccurate and never comfortable in the pocket. He is also undersized. There are so many better QB's the Cardinals could have picked up and tried out in the pre-season. The Sooners brought Baker Mayfield from Texas Tech to replace Knight because he was a terrible passer.

You really have to question Keim's judgement for even picking him up. The Brandon Knight/cornerback situation...what is up with Steve Keim?
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    I can't believe we even tried out this guy. He was a terrible passer at Oklahoma. He was drafted at OU primarily because of his speed. He ran a 4.5 40. Oklahoma was looking for their version of Johnny Manziel after Manziel torched OU in their bowl game. He was horribly inaccurate and never comfortable in the pocket. He is also undersized. There are so many better QB's the Cardinals could have picked up and tried out in the pre-season. The Sooners brought Baker Mayfield from Texas Tech to replace Knight because he was a terrible passer.

You really have to question Keim's judgement for even picking him up. The Brandon Knight/cornerback situation...what is up with Steve Keim?
    There's this thing called an UDFA, and yet another called a camp arm. They found a good, solid kid who would work hard and do his job in practices. For him, it's an opportunity to keep trying to do something he loves. Don't read too much into it. You're not trying to find your QBOF past the 3rd round much less from the UDFA pool.

Brandon Knight would probably make an excellent cornerback, except for that ACL thing.

Brandon Williams hasn't panned out and was drafted too early. Trevor Knight is just a camp guy that may make the practice squad if he doesn't stink. Nothing more to see here.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

About what I expected. though his O line didn't do him any favors. Just about ever drop back some defender was breathing down his neck when he set up, so he didn't have time to go through his progressions. None of his passes wowed me. Camp arm. Unless he makes some serious strides I doubt he even makes the PS. Not near as good as Barkley. Remember he played in the Bid 12 where defense is s foreign concept. Don't see him making the team in any way.

It's no more ridiculous to sign Knight as an FA than it was to waste a precious pick on Logan "What's a Playbook?" Thomas. Somebody's gotta go out there and play these meaningless games, might as well be Knight.

Yea but they actually wasted a 4th round pick on Thomas. Big difference than signing someone as a UDCFA. I think the Thomas thing was sorely on BA. Thought he might be able to make a T bones steak out of chopped hamburger.

At the clip the BASK regime is going on the QBOF they should have brought in Tom Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    About what I expected. though his O line didn't do him any favors. Just about ever drop back some defender was breathing down his neck when he set up, so he didn't have time to go through his progressions. None of his passes wowed me. Camp arm. Unless he makes some serious strides I doubt he even makes the PS. Not near as good as Barkley. Remember he played in the Bid 12 where defense is s foreign concept. Don't see him making the team in any way.
    I think Brandon Knight was as much to blame for the sacks/scrambling as his offensive line was, if not more so. Every play I saw, he didn't attempt to step up into the pocket like Gabbert did (and like Palmer does). The offensive tackles will get speed rushed on the edge, and most plays will result in a pass rusher being a little bit behind (or even with) the QB. If the QB keeps going backwards or tries to roll out to the side, the offensive tackle won't be in position to continue blocking the rusher (at least not adequately, without holding).

C-DO, I am curious, was there a different "camp arm" you would have preferred to Knight?
    Last edited by Edward Teach; 08-05-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    There's this thing called an UDFA, and yet another called a camp arm. They found a good, solid kid who would work hard and do his job in practices. For him, it's an opportunity to keep trying to do something he loves. Don't read too much into it. You're not trying to find your QBOF past the 3rd round much less from the UDFA pool.
    You would have a point except there are a lot of QB's that can serve as a camp arm. Free agents are signed to assess potential. Although expectations are low, you still try sign someone who has a some potential to be a QB in the NFL not an undersized QB who was inaccurate at OU and never demonstrated any poise or pocket awareness to play in college let alone the NFL. Any success he had as a QB in college was due to his speed and mobility never his passing skills. You don't sign someone like that.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 08-05-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    Go Cardinals!