Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Knight...seriously Keim?!!

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    You would have a point except there are a lot of QB's that can serve as a camp arm. Free agents are signed to assess potential. Although expectations are low, you still try sign someone who has a some potential to be a QB in the NFL not an undersized QB who was inaccurate at OU and never demonstrated any poise or pocket awareness to play in college let alone the NFL. Any success he had as a QB in college was due to his speed and mobility never his passing skills. You don't sign someone like that.
    well at least we weren't the team who drafted someone similar to that in round one

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    well at least we weren't the team who drafted someone similar to that in round one
    You are correct. Nonetheless, the responses were predictable and they all amount to something along the lines of "He is a camp arm, it doesn't matter. We just need a robot to throw balls, they are not being evaluated so no mistake by Keim was made" It's just a homer response to defend Keim instead of acknowledging that he could have chosen a better UDFA QB.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 08-05-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

You are correct. Nonetheless, the responses were predictable and they all amount to something along the lines of "He is a camp arm, it doesn't matter. We just need a robot to throw balls, they are not being evaluated so no mistake by Keim was made" It's just a homer response to defend Keim instead of acknowledging that he could have chosen a better UDFA QB.

And this is important why?
    The question of Daryl Washington.

I heard Keim put a bunch of UDFA QBs names in a hat and picked. You are right we nee to start demanding BETTER UDFA QBs!!!!!!! C'MON KEIM!!! Where's our Romo or Warner?! This is ******** MAN!

I really don't understand your argument here at all... but good job anyway cause anyone not ******** about Knight is definitely a homer.
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

Well, it's obviously almost football season again. DO is spewing hate in every direction, at all times. Cut it out, man.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

You would have a point except there are a lot of QB's that can serve as a camp arm. Free agents are signed to assess potential. Although expectations are low, you still try sign someone who has a some potential to be a QB in the NFL not an undersized QB who was inaccurate at OU and never demonstrated any poise or pocket awareness to play in college let alone the NFL. Any success he had as a QB in college was due to his speed and mobility never his passing skills. You don't sign someone like that.
    With all due respect your statement regarding Knights past success was due to his speed and mobility never his passing skills is questionable.

Oklahoma defeated Alabama 4531, in the process overcoming the largest spread in BCS history; Alabama had been a 17-point favorite. The previous record of 16 points was overcome just the day before in the 2014 Fiesta Bowl, won by the UCF Knights 52-42 over the Baylor Bears.[4] Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight, who completed 32 of 44 passes for 4 touchdowns and 348 yards, was named the game's most valuable player.[5]

I can't believe we even tried out this guy. He was a terrible passer at Oklahoma. He was drafted at OU primarily because of his speed. He ran a 4.5 40. Oklahoma was looking for their version of Johnny Manziel after Manziel torched OU in their bowl game. He was horribly inaccurate and never comfortable in the pocket. He is also undersized. There are so many better QB's the Cardinals could have picked up and tried out in the pre-season. The Sooners brought Baker Mayfield from Texas Tech to replace Knight because he was a terrible passer.

You really have to question Keim's judgement for even picking him up. The Brandon Knight/cornerback situation...what is up with Steve Keim?
    You didn't notice that our first and third round pick looked awful in the HOF game? You're going to kill the GM on an UDFA? Get your priorities straight, 2 of our first 3 picks are busts.

LOL at DO flaming out over a UDFA.

Gawd it burns me when our UDFA`s bust in the 1st exhibition game of the season...there is no excuse for this nonsense .need to start at the top and fire everybody clear down to the Ball boy!!!Burn um,burn um all
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Gawd it burns me when our UDFA`s bust in the 1st exhibition game of the season...there is no excuse for this nonsense .need to start at the top and fire everybody clear down to the Ball boy!!!Burn um,burn um all
    LOL. I will take UDFAs crashing and burning any day over stuff like "Timmy Chang is the QB of the future!!" All day, every day.