Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boldin or Fitz

Quote Originally Posted by Ditship View Post
    Q signed his second contract early which got him a nice paycheck but also quickly became a "I'm not getting paid enough for what I do" situation that you hear about often in the NFL (recently with Seattle and Kam and Bennett). The part that we really don't know the whole story on was Q felt like he was lied to about something with his contract and the Front Office. I don't know if this had to do with a promise to re-up after a few years or what. There was also a situation where Whisenhunt said something or did something with the Front office that also pissed Q off. Again don't have the whole story there either.

What did happen though was since his very first contract and UNTIL Keim came in and finally ate the money Larry has basically held this team over a fire with multiple awful Rod Graves contracts. I love Larry but let's not pretend he has been punished with the awful QB play during the 2010-2013 years because the dude was KILLING it at the bank and basically fried the Cards cap space every 3 years he's been here until recently. In 2008 he earned that right though and that's why it happened. (Edit: Note there was a huge negotiation that went on right before the 2008 season.. including several talks of Trade because Fitz's rookie contract was a complete cluster ****)

Anyone bad mouthing Q about MONEY is speculating because again we were NEVER told what was promised... just that Q said something was and felt slighted/lied to. Q also has consistently shown to be a warrior on the field, an AMAZING teammate and an awesome person OFF the field (Walter Peyton man of the ******** year). So anyone trying to paste some ** about him being a cancer or anything else is just full of it.

Though he doesn't fit this scheme (slow) he is a playmaker and I'd love to have him back in Cardinal Red. He was one of the best to ever put on the Cards uniform. No doubt in my mind.
    ******* LOVE Q, hands down one of my favorite Cards of all time. Always will be. Right or wrong, I was on the pay Q side.

Regardless of anything, if you can't flat out love a guy that comes back so quickly after the jets game........piss off. Q gave it all to the Cards, we should have bent over backwards to keep him. God Bless you, Q.
    ...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ditship View Post
    Q signed his second contract early which got him a nice paycheck but also quickly became a "I'm not getting paid enough for what I do" situation that you hear about often in the NFL (recently with Seattle and Kam and Bennett). The part that we really don't know the whole story on was Q felt like he was lied to about something with his contract and the Front Office. I don't know if this had to do with a promise to re-up after a few years or what. There was also a situation where Whisenhunt said something or did something with the Front office that also pissed Q off. Again don't have the whole story there either.

What did happen though was since his very first contract and UNTIL Keim came in and finally ate the money Larry has basically held this team over a fire with multiple awful Rod Graves contracts. I love Larry but let's not pretend he has been punished with the awful QB play during the 2010-2013 years because the dude was KILLING it at the bank and basically fried the Cards cap space every 3 years he's been here until recently. In 2008 he earned that right though and that's why it happened. (Edit: Note there was a huge negotiation that went on right before the 2008 season.. including several talks of Trade because Fitz's rookie contract was a complete cluster ****)

Anyone bad mouthing Q about MONEY is speculating because again we were NEVER told what was promised... just that Q said something was and felt slighted/lied to. Q also has consistently shown to be a warrior on the field, an AMAZING teammate and an awesome person OFF the field (Walter Peyton man of the ******** year). So anyone trying to paste some ** about him being a cancer or anything else is just full of it.

Though he doesn't fit this scheme (slow) he is a playmaker and I'd love to have him back in Cardinal Red. He was one of the best to ever put on the Cards uniform. No doubt in my mind.
    I seem to remember he was pissed that Whisenhunt was in on negotiating for the FO side of the bargaining table. He didn't think that was appropriate for a HC to be inserting themselves into a money negotiation between a player that he coached and ownership. Now, I don't know if Whis was directly involved in the matter, or offered his thoughts, or said something in passing or ??? For all I know Bidwill could have just asked him his opinion on the matter.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3853499

Boldin has long been considered a leader of the team and was a
    co-captain in the 2007 season. However, at the start of this
    season's training camp he accused Cardinals management of lying to
    him by failing to follow through on what he said was a promise for
    a new contract in the offseason.

Teammate Larry Fitzgerald, on the other hand, got a four-year,
    $40 million contract with $30 million guaranteed
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Boldin was sour grapes over not getting the deal he wanted. He was a 54th overall pick in the second round compared to a 4th overall pick the following year. Every opportunity to compete for the number one spot and when he got beat out by a future HOF, he showed his *** and that was the end of his being a Cardinal. Does anyone here think the FO made the wrong move in paying Fitz instead of Boldin? I don't.

The only reason Q would come back to Arizona is if no other team picks him up and even then it is extremely unlikely we'd want him. He has a Super Bowl ring with his time at the Ravens and probably just needs to sit back and wait for some team to lose enough WRs this preseason to come calling.

For the record....I respect his talent, toughness and play making ability and consider him to be one of the top 5 receivers to ever wear Cardinal red.
    Last edited by boomer719; 08-06-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I seem to remember he was pissed that Whisenhunt was in on negotiating for the FO side of the bargaining table. He didn't think that was appropriate for a HC to be inserting themselves into a money negotiation between a player that he coached and ownership. Now, I don't know if Whis was directly involved in the matter, or offered his thoughts, or said something in passing or ??? For all I know Bidwill could have just asked him his opinion on the matter.
    If I remember correctly, Whiz's remarks were pretty innocuous, but Boldin took angry exception. In reality, Whiz was more than the Coach at the time and it wasn't surprising that he'd say something about a pending contract if asked.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

As I recall the argument was along the lines of feeling he had outplayed his contract and wanted to renegotiate. And there was also something about feeling betrayed and that he grew to distrust Whisenhunt, going onto say his issue with the organization had nothing to do with Larry's money. I also recall Kurt being very outspoken in favor of Q' being paid.

Boldin was very loyal to the team just as the likes of Adrian Wilson for example. He's on record (video) declaring his feelings saying he intends to play out his career in 'zona until they win a SB, expressing confidence that one day they will. Whatever one believes about him, I think an honest question is how did he go from there to wanting to leave in despair of his relationship with the team? Personally I agreed with Kurt at the time that they should have renegotiated his contract and paid the man. Boldin continued to perform at a high level after he left and has achieved the Ring he's always hoped for, only not with the team he initially expressed his loyalty to......and ironically......has something that Larry has yet to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    As I recall the argument was along the lines of feeling he had outplayed his contract and wanted to renegotiate. And there was also something about feeling betrayed and that he grew to distrust Whisenhunt, going onto say his issue with the organization had nothing to do with Larry's money. I also recall Kurt being very outspoken in favor of Q' being paid.

Boldin was very loyal to the team just as the likes of Adrian Wilson for example. He's on record (video) declaring his feelings saying he intends to play out his career in 'zona until they win a SB, expressing confidence that one day they will. Whatever one believes about him, I think an honest question is how did he go from there to wanting to leave in despair of his relationship with the team? Personally I agreed with Kurt at the time that they should have renegotiated his contract and paid the man. Boldin continued to perform at a high level after he left and has achieved the Ring he's always hoped for, only not with the team he initially expressed his loyalty to......and ironically......has something that Larry has yet to achieve.
    All players on a team's current roster will say this and his team mates will support him....what else should they do? Anquan tried to get his contract renegotiated and ended up firing his agent, Drew Rosenhaus when he couldn't get it done for him. There's no loyalty to any team, coach or even agent for Q and he was all about the money and his voicing his loyalty was nothing more than playing the part so he could hopefully get his way. Can't fault him for that but make no mistake that Q was ALWAYS going to chase the dollars. The team didn't value him as highly as he valued himself and most likely backed away from any negotiations when it became obvious he wanted #1WR money and they were already paying that to Fitz.

He did what he needed to do and has had a phenomenal career.....it just didn't pan out for him and the Cardinals but it's very unrealistic to say he didn't have the same chance as Larry did and if I remember correctly, I don't think he ever became a #1WR on any team he joined yet has been compensated very well for his time in the NFL up to and including a SB ring.
    Last edited by boomer719; 08-06-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Q left because he was lied to. He wanted an extension to his contract and the front office said it was going to happen before the start of training camp that year. Training camp came and they hadn't made the effort to start the negotiations. Q refused to negotiate after the start of training camp and left at the end of his contract/end of the season, because the organization hadn't kept there word to him.
    It was stupid on the cards part, and it was their loss, and our loss.
    Can you imagine the last few years with Q at slot instead of Larry, with Larry and JB on the outside? Devastating.
    Stupid Stupid Stupid move by the FO. Probably one of the stupidest things they did in franchise history IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    Q left because he was lied to. He wanted an extension to his contract and the front office said it was going to happen before the start of training camp that year. Training camp came and they hadn't made the effort to start the negotiations. Q refused to negotiate after the start of training camp and left at the end of his contract/end of the season, because the organization hadn't kept there word to him.
    It was stupid on the cards part, and it was their loss, and our loss.
    Can you imagine the last few years with Q at slot instead of Larry, with Larry and JB on the outside? Devastating.
    Stupid Stupid Stupid move by the FO. Probably one of the stupidest things they did in franchise history IMO.
    The issue of the timing of the new deal is valid, but in the end he signed a new deal with the Raven's, which was in essence the same as the Cards final offer.

And whether he stayed or not, Fitz lost his strictly outside ability 3 years ago.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Thinking about the 2008 season. So much fire power, 3 receivers with over 1000 yards each. Boldin, Fitz and Steve Breaston with guys like Early Doucet waiting in the wings.