• Drew Stanton

9 20.00%
  • Blaine Gabbert

36 80.00%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 Quarterback?

Default #2 Quarterback?

People keep posting.." you guys that want to keep Stanton"
    anyway ..I`m just curious as to how many people really want to keep Stanton over Blaine...a lot can change in the next 4 weeks,but here and now who do you want at 2
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Would like to see the next 4 games before making a true choice.. but as things stand and cost associated I'd run with Gabbert and use Stanton's money and roster spot to bring in another vet Cb for depth (Flowers). Things I don't know though... what Stanton might bring on the sidelines (beyond dancing) and during film study. Coaches are high on him and respect him.

edit: Also.. if we're trotting our 2nd QB on the field because Palmer went down the season is over whether it's Stanton or Gabbert...
    Last edited by Ditship; 08-06-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditship View Post
    Would like to see the next 4 games before making a true choice.. but as things stand and cost associated I'd run with Gabbert and use Stanton's money and roster spot to bring in another vet Cb for depth (Flowers). Things I don't know though... what Stanton might bring on the sidelines (beyond dancing) and during film study. Coaches are high on him and respect him.

edit: Also.. if we're trotting our 2nd QB on the field because Palmer went down the season is over whether it's Stanton or Gabbert...
    Yup agreed..

Kyle Odegard‏ @Kyle_Odegard 6h6 hours agoMore

Plan is for Drew Stanton to play the second quarter and Blaine Gabbert to play the second half vs. #Raiders on Saturday, BA said.

Too early for me to answer this. Hopefully one doesn't get cut prior to me being able to vote.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    People keep posting.." you guys that want to keep Stanton"
    anyway ..I`m just curious as to how many people really want to keep Stanton over Blaine...a lot can change in the next 4 weeks,but here and now who do you want at 2
    I'm NOT a Drew Stanton hater by any means. But here's my logic. Stanton is what he is... a very good backup QB. Blaine Gabbert, I think, has the chance to still be a quality #1 NFL QB. So, if the question is what I'd prefer to see...I'd prefer to see Gabbert continue to develop in this offense, blow the doors off Stanton in his preseason play, and win the #2 job this year, and then be the answer for who's going to lead the Cardinals after Palmer so we don't have to find and develop a rookie. I think that's the best case scenario for the Cardinals..and that's what they hoped would happen with Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Kyle Odegard‏ @Kyle_Odegard 6h6 hours agoMore

Plan is for Drew Stanton to play the second quarter and Blaine Gabbert to play the second half vs. #Raiders on Saturday, BA said.
    I'm barely able to vote for Drew Stanton as the #2, only because he's familiar with the system, not because he's so much better behind center than Blaine Gabbert.

Drew Stanton could see some Raiders starters Saturday. I predict that he'll do okay in the second quarter...his #2 job is safe for now.

Blaine Gabbert will see Raider's 2nd teamers and wannabes. However, if BG again hits ~80% of his passes and runs off with the b/u QB contest on Saturday night, then I look for the Cards coaching staff to expose BG to starters at PS game 3 in in a few weeks.

BG is still playing with house money. He can take bigger risks. If his arm stays hot, that's the biggest threat to DS's #2 spot. Of course some other team could also make SK an offer he can't refuse ;-).

You should run this poll after the next game and then the next to see how it changes.

Quote Originally Posted by dreday70 View Post
    You should run this poll after the next game and then the next to see how it changes.
    That`s what i was thinking,my opinion may change as well..

Really? Some people still on the fence? Good Lord.

...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........