View Poll Results: #2

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Stanton

    9 20.00%
  • Blaine Gabbert

    36 80.00%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 136

Thread: #2 Quarterback?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    6,373

    Default #2 Quarterback?

    People keep posting.." you guys that want to keep Stanton"
    anyway ..I`m just curious as to how many people really want to keep Stanton over Blaine...a lot can change in the next 4 weeks,but here and now who do you want at 2
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Section 412
    Posts
    3,073

    Default

    Would like to see the next 4 games before making a true choice.. but as things stand and cost associated I'd run with Gabbert and use Stanton's money and roster spot to bring in another vet Cb for depth (Flowers). Things I don't know though... what Stanton might bring on the sidelines (beyond dancing) and during film study. Coaches are high on him and respect him.

    edit: Also.. if we're trotting our 2nd QB on the field because Palmer went down the season is over whether it's Stanton or Gabbert...
    Last edited by Ditship; 08-06-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    6,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditship View Post
    Would like to see the next 4 games before making a true choice.. but as things stand and cost associated I'd run with Gabbert and use Stanton's money and roster spot to bring in another vet Cb for depth (Flowers). Things I don't know though... what Stanton might bring on the sidelines (beyond dancing) and during film study. Coaches are high on him and respect him.

    edit: Also.. if we're trotting our 2nd QB on the field because Palmer went down the season is over whether it's Stanton or Gabbert...
    Yup agreed..
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    6,373

    Default

    Kyle Odegard‏ @Kyle_Odegard 6h6 hours agoMore



    Plan is for Drew Stanton to play the second quarter and Blaine Gabbert to play the second half vs. #Raiders on Saturday, BA said.
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,976

    Default

    Too early for me to answer this. Hopefully one doesn't get cut prior to me being able to vote.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    People keep posting.." you guys that want to keep Stanton"
    anyway ..I`m just curious as to how many people really want to keep Stanton over Blaine...a lot can change in the next 4 weeks,but here and now who do you want at 2
    I'm NOT a Drew Stanton hater by any means. But here's my logic. Stanton is what he is... a very good backup QB. Blaine Gabbert, I think, has the chance to still be a quality #1 NFL QB. So, if the question is what I'd prefer to see...I'd prefer to see Gabbert continue to develop in this offense, blow the doors off Stanton in his preseason play, and win the #2 job this year, and then be the answer for who's going to lead the Cardinals after Palmer so we don't have to find and develop a rookie. I think that's the best case scenario for the Cardinals..and that's what they hoped would happen with Barkley.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Kyle Odegard‏ @Kyle_Odegard 6h6 hours agoMore



    Plan is for Drew Stanton to play the second quarter and Blaine Gabbert to play the second half vs. #Raiders on Saturday, BA said.
    I'm barely able to vote for Drew Stanton as the #2, only because he's familiar with the system, not because he's so much better behind center than Blaine Gabbert.

    Drew Stanton could see some Raiders starters Saturday. I predict that he'll do okay in the second quarter...his #2 job is safe for now.

    Blaine Gabbert will see Raider's 2nd teamers and wannabes. However, if BG again hits ~80% of his passes and runs off with the b/u QB contest on Saturday night, then I look for the Cards coaching staff to expose BG to starters at PS game 3 in in a few weeks.

    BG is still playing with house money. He can take bigger risks. If his arm stays hot, that's the biggest threat to DS's #2 spot. Of course some other team could also make SK an offer he can't refuse ;-).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    937

    Default

    You should run this poll after the next game and then the next to see how it changes.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    6,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreday70 View Post
    You should run this poll after the next game and then the next to see how it changes.
    That`s what i was thinking,my opinion may change as well..
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ogdenutah
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Really? Some people still on the fence? Good Lord.

    ...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •