Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Cardinals could be looking for new punters

Default Article: Cardinals could be looking for new punters

The Arizona Cardinals spent the offseason in part looking to improve at punter. They let go of Drew Butler late in the season and added Mitt Wile. They signed Richie Leone in the offseason.

As of right now, the competition between the two is not going well.

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians expressed his displeasure with how things are going at his press conference on Tuesday.

“I’m not real pleased with it yet right now,” he said. “It’s too inconsistent, both guys.”

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...r-new-punters/

Oh how sway. Im surprised we arent gonna wait until the regular season. Better handle this now
    "It's OUR Time"

bring back drew butler

Amazing how quick the hook for these guys are and how much loyalty we showed Drew Butler.
    Follow me on twitter boys and girls @stephen_harlan

I can go on youtube right now and see hobby punters bootin balls into buckets from 50 yards. You cannot tell me its this hard to find a good punter.

Only 2 college punters gets drafted every year. Which means theres 400 former undrafted unemployed punters in the world.
    Last edited by Zaz; 08-09-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    bring back drew butler
    touche

Cards ST will continue to stink in 2017....

Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs you kiddin' me?!...said Jim Mora

Quote Originally Posted by JamArtist View Post
    Amazing how quick the hook for these guys are and how much loyalty we showed Drew Butler.
    Yeah it's pretty rich for Arians to dump on these guys after he kept his mouth shut for 1+ full seasons about the self-inflicted dumpster fire he had on his hands with Little Drew. He may very well be right about the two guys he has now, but unfortunately for Arians he has no credibility after the Butler saga. Clearly there was another agenda in the mix with the love for Butler, lots of speculation as to why he was kept around for so long, and the blame falls squarely on Arians and Keim for not pressing the issue. Is Keim in charge of getting the best players on the field or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    bring back drew butler
    I hate to be cynical, but maybe that's what's going on in Arians' mind...e.g. "I cut Butler to appease you stupid fans, but look now! He really was the best guy and he's graciously agreed to come back into the fold!!"

But who else is out there
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Yeah it's pretty rich for Arians to dump on these guys after he kept his mouth shut for 1+ full seasons about the self-inflicted dumpster fire he had on his hands with Little Drew. He may very well be right about the two guys he has now, but unfortunately for Arians he has no credibility after the Butler saga. Clearly there was another agenda in the mix with the love for Butler, lots of speculation as to why he was kept around for so long, and the blame falls squarely on Arians and Keim for not pressing the issue. Is Keim in charge of getting the best players on the field or not?

I hate to be cynical, but maybe that's what's going on in Arians' mind...e.g. "I cut Butler to appease you stupid fans, but look now! He really was the best guy and he's graciously agreed to come back into the fold!!"
    There was something evil afoot with the Butler shenanigans ..dark family secrets we shall never grasp........but by all means we need Drew back..its the only path
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock