Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Schefter reporting Elliott out for 6 games

Who cares. Just win.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I always get a chuckle out of the people who look at a schedule and mark off Ws and Ls. The giddiness over Brady on ice last year was thick. Whoops. And I got a kick out of the post that essentially said "well, hmmm, Belichick handing it to Arians doesn't count." Why not? Only one team can win it all, and it's a decent chance the guy who emerges from the NFC is going to have to overcome Belichick, so why not do it in the regular season for practice?

I want maximum pressure on Arians to perform so I'd rather see the opponents at full strength. I sure don't want to be in the position in January of being asked to fawn over a guy with one playoff win in five years, after receiving a huge investment from Mike Bidwill to win when it matters.
    The NFL is a game of attrition and that includes the actions of the Commissioner. The Pats for well over a decade have dealt with injury, suspensions, loss of draft picks, thousands of hours of tape on what they do, etc., etc., etc. They are the best team in football not just last year but historically now for well over a decade. They find a way.

The idea that the Cardinals were a better team than the Pats without Tom Brady and Gronk was and is ridiculous. The Pats won 10 games with Cassell at QB. He got a huge contract because of that season and proved that he couldn't be a reliable backup on teams without BB as the HC.

Arians is a good HC. Last year he had health issues and probably wasn't fully on his game. The Pats have one of the historically best HC in NFL history and certainly the best HC in modern NFL history. That said neither Arians or BB blocks and tackles, snaps the ball or kicks the ball. The Pats simply block and tackle better than us. They do everything better than us. Arians can't overcome it, there isn't a single team in the league that has been able to overcome it over time. The problem wasn't the loss to the Pats the problem was outplaying Seattle for 55 minutes in our building and not winning. Going to Buffalo and getting outright embarrassed, having the NO Saints come into our building and making our D look like one of the most ill prepared defenses in the league. The idea that the loss to the Pats ended our season is almost saying that the team gave up.

Arians was sick last year but our veteran players showed an amazing lack of grit and there were so many games where we simply didn't look like we were ready to even play I can't blame all of that on the coach. I think the team needs new leadership in the locker and Arians needs to be healthy and working 24/7. If he can't we will be moving on after this season. I think Arians has to prove it this year and Keim has maybe 2 years to get this thing fixed. That said, there is still the problem of the players. Do we have a 53 man roster that has the grit as a team to win 10 to 12 games and make noise in the playoffs?

Regardless of who is playing for the other side most NFL teams are loaded with playmakers. Games are decided by a few plays, a turnover, a bad kick or cover of a kick. It takes real effort to win games in the NFL. Every team is missing players at some point. The Cowboys with or without Elliot will be a handful so will Detroit, Philadelphia, the Giants regardless of who's playing. We don't know who we will be missing when Dallas shows up...

I think he will appeal and play in the game vs Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    He can appeal all he wants but as long as King Roger holds the keys to his freedom he's unlikely to get a reprieve and as evidenced by Tom Brady getting all the way to the Supreme Court just to have the judge say "uh...fellas.....which part of this CBA did you not understand, in particular the part were you agreed to let Mr. Goodell be the final word on suspensions?"

He may as well get his bench sitting clothes cleaned and pressed cause he aint going nowhere.
    Last edited by boomer719; 08-12-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    He can appeal all he wants but as long as King Roger holds the keys to his freedom he's unlikely to get a reprieve and as evidenced by Tom Brady getting all the way to the Supreme Court just to have the judge say "uh...fellas.....which part of this CBA did you not understand, in particular the part were you agreed to let Mr. Goodell be the final word on suspensions?"

He may as well get his bench sitting clothes cleaned and pressed cause he aint going nowhere.
    Agreed...has an Appeal ever worked??
    The Big A era begins

Default DV Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Oh yes, Elliott will appeal. The NFLPA practically requires players appeal fines to NFL HQ to assure Union credibility across team locker rooms long-term. Appeals are part of the whole process, A-Z.

Since the Commish will chair Elliott's appeal, there's zero chance of a suspension turnover, or even that a couple games will be lopped off the 6-game penalty. The penalty floor for 1st time DV behavior is 6 games.

I think the Commish will uphold his first decision and not reduce Elliott's penalty, unless Elliott produces exculpatory information, which is extremely unlikely after so long an investigation and a truck load of self-incriminating evidence of DV behavior.

The sports media will cry a river of tears and Jerry Jones will threaten to oust the Commish, but at the end of the day, there will be no Elliott suited up for the Dallas @ Arizona game on 25 Sept.