Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schefter reporting Elliott out for 6 games

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    I disagree. It creates the expectation of ease and thus trap games. Seen it countless time.

Honestly not facing Zeke worries me more than facing Zeke.
    Yeah. Honestly I could probably run behind that offensive line and look average. Granted, I'd probably be taken off in a stretcher by the end of the game (or halftime). Regardless, I agree that it "could" cause a false sense of security. It's on the coaches to make sure that we don't have another meltdown by overlooking them.
    Last edited by ecnelis; 08-11-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    You can't count the game against the Patriots as Bil Belichick is light years ahead of Arians when it comes to prepping his team for a game. They beat us missing key players and would have whooped our backsides if they had been at full strength.

It's always better to face teams at less than full strength and I don't subscribe to the myth of "trap" games at this level. Either the HC has a solid game plan and his players execute it or they don't.

Your crazy if you'd think we'd be better off having to play against Zeke....dude is straight up a beast.

Its not just the Patriots game, thats just the most recent example.

The Cardinals positively play down to the competition. I dont know any lifetime Card who would disagree. BA's teams included. There are teams we should thump, and most of the times we dont. Its a tight game. Those always make me nervous.

Hearing people already checking wins vs the Colts and Dallas (who still has a very good QB even if Zeke is out) makes me super anxious. Let down games and traps are real. If trap games didnt exist, then the term "trap game" wouldnt exist.

We had bad losses that hurt us against weakened opponents in Pitt years ago and against the Pats last year, but it is of course better to face these teams without Luck or Elliot. I wonder if Elliot will appeal and how that will affect the timeline of potentially missing Week 3 against us.

In other new that affects the Cardinals, the Rams just pulled a surprise trade for WR Sammy Watkins from the Bills. I hope the change of scenery doesn't help. I also hope Keim pulls off a FA pickup or trade at CB2.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Bad news, I think the Cardinals are better off facing both teams at full strength. There was a game last year, can't recall which one off the top of my head, prime time game, the other guys had two of their best players out so we could just pencil in that easy W. Something went wrong, though, and an L got posted on the way to 8-7-1.
    I thought you mean when we lost to Pitt when Ben was out. Hahaha Landry Jones for the win

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    I thought you mean when we lost to Pitt when Ben was out. Hahaha Landry Jones for the win
    Not only Ben, but they benched Michael Vick halfway through the game and put in Landry, their 3rd string QB.

Granted Landry Jones is more of a Ben clone than Vick so it makes sense that they did much better with him, and we game-planned (and pretty much shut down) for Michael Vick, but still... That was a head scratcher that made me almost break my TV multiple times.

That begs the question: should we even be that position where 1 FG decides a win/loss vs a backup QB?

Its more than arguable that we shouldve been up multiple scores and 1 kick shouldnt matter. We blew it hard. Theres no faster path to a loss than "Oh they are missing their star, this is going to be easy".
    Correct me, if I'm wrong, but doesn't our offence lineup against their defence?

New England gave up 15.6 pts a game last season. Lowest in the League.

We were in a position to win and snap, hold, kick - Blew it!
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    In other new that affects the Cardinals, the Rams just pulled a surprise trade for WR Sammy Watkins from the Bills. I hope the change of scenery doesn't help. I also hope Keim pulls off a FA pickup or trade at CB2.
    Avalanche of big trades today.

Maybe we can land a CB

Avalanche of big trades today.

Maybe we can land a CB
    Sammy Watkins to LA was kind of a surprise.. Goff is still the QB not sure how Sammy will benefit from that.

What a Joke. Only Suspending him to appease the PC crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by McCollum,Travis View Post
    What a Joke. Only Suspending him to appease the PC crowd.
    So glad David Johnson is a Cardinal.... Monstermike has probably already punched a few holes in the wall.