Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schefter reporting Elliott out for 6 games

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Correct me, if I'm wrong, but doesn't our offence lineup against their defence?

New England gave up 15.6 pts a game last season. Lowest in the League.

We were in a position to win and snap, hold, kick - Blew it!

More importantly their offense has to lineup against our defense. Which wasnt too shabby either. you note NE only gave up 15.6? We scored 21. Which means we scored more than enough to win it. A backup QB should never score 23 on you.

As said, with 21 points, we shouldve been up multiple scores on a backup QB, which wouldve made a missed kick irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    More importantly their offense has to lineup against our defense. Which wasnt too shabby either. you note NE only gave up 15.6? We scored 21. Which means we scored more than enough to win it. A backup QB should never score 23 on you.

As said, with 21 points, we shouldve been up multiple scores on a backup QB, which wouldve made a missed kick irrelevant.
    And maybe that would have been close to the spread had we not been forced by circumstances to start Willisms at corner. But, again, the fact remains that we were in a position to win.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

NE was simply a much better overall team last year than the Cardinals with or without Brady. They averaged almost the same amount of points with their No. 2 starter as Brady starting which was about 27 points per game. NE only had 2 games last year where they scored less than 21 points. One was in Buffalo when there third string QB started and the other was in Denver with Brady.

Having watched every Cardinal game and a ton of NE games last year, they should have beaten us and would beat us probably 7 to 8 out of 10 times. They are a much better overall team. It's not even close. The idea that we weren't ready and should have easily beaten them is dead wrong. We played a hard fought game and lost to a better overall team without Tom Brady.
    They were great on third down against our D. They executed their O and we couldn't stop it. We should have got a good snap down and won. We didn't. In no way were we the better team. Winning at home on a FG with time running out is why the home team gets 3 in Vegas.
    Last edited by Biggs; 08-11-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Its not just the Patriots game, thats just the most recent example.

The Cardinals positively play down to the competition. I dont know any lifetime Card who would disagree. BA's teams included. There are teams we should thump, and most of the times we dont. Its a tight game. Those always make me nervous.

Hearing people already checking wins vs the Colts and Dallas (who still has a very good QB even if Zeke is out) makes me super anxious. Let down games and traps are real. If trap games didnt exist, then the term "trap game" wouldnt exist.
    I always get a chuckle out of the people who look at a schedule and mark off Ws and Ls. The giddiness over Brady on ice last year was thick. Whoops. And I got a kick out of the post that essentially said "well, hmmm, Belichick handing it to Arians doesn't count." Why not? Only one team can win it all, and it's a decent chance the guy who emerges from the NFC is going to have to overcome Belichick, so why not do it in the regular season for practice?

I want maximum pressure on Arians to perform so I'd rather see the opponents at full strength. I sure don't want to be in the position in January of being asked to fawn over a guy with one playoff win in five years, after receiving a huge investment from Mike Bidwill to win when it matters.

Any talking points using our home opener of last season as a comparison for anything grates on my remaining nerve. Without Tom Brady and Gronkowski we should have punch-drunk the Patriots. To have watched their backup QB be effectively throwing to their 'Mighty Mouse' receiver duo showing an ill-prepared pass-rush scheme on our part was painful. I agree we played down to NE allowing them to go into their 'play 60 minutes' mode. It still almost cost them as we were in a position to win at the end. I guess it was a harbringer of the SB?

But, back to the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is cryin' in his beer. With him any news, even bad news, is good PR for Dallas. It keeps them in the media eye and in the conversation. The Cowboys are 'drams' and always will be drama. You might even consider them the original reality show, i.e. their signing 'Bullet Bob' Hayes, their initial consecutive game losing streak, Craig Morton vs. Roger Staubach, Duane Thomas, Jerry Jones buying the team and his tumultuous relationship with Jimmy Johnson, Michael Irvin and his mini-me Dez Bryant, and now 'Zeke' Elliott. With the Cowboys it's always somethin.'

Don't kid yourself about this new PR campaign revolving around the Cowboys. They will just plug Darren McFadden into the backfield and be just fine. And, regardless of how many games he plays for any Elliott suspension there will be new drama revolving around that, too. For instance, do we keep playing a productive McFadden or bring in a fresh Elliott? Or, how does the lockerroom react, or how does Dak feel about this, or is Tom Landry spinnin' in his grave, or, or...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    Any talking points using our home opener of last season as a comparison for anything grates on my remaining nerve. Without Tom Brady and Gronkowski we should have punch-drunk the Patriots. To have watched their backup QB be effectively throwing to their 'Mighty Mouse' receiver duo showing an ill-prepared pass-rush scheme on our part was painful. I agree we played down to NE allowing them to go into their 'play 60 minutes' mode. It still almost cost them as we were in a position to win at the end. I guess it was a harbringer of the SB?

But, back to the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is cryin' in his beer. With him any news, even bad news, is good PR for Dallas. It keeps them in the media eye and in the conversation. The Cowboys are 'drams' and always will be drama. You might even consider them the original reality show, i.e. their signing 'Bullet Bob' Hayes, their initial consecutive game losing streak, Craig Morton vs. Roger Staubach, Duane Thomas, Jerry Jones buying the team and his tumultuous relationship with Jimmy Johnson, Michael Irvin and his mini-me Dez Bryant, and now 'Zeke' Elliott. With the Cowboys it's always somethin.'

Don't kid yourself about this new PR campaign revolving around the Cowboys. They will just plug Darren McFadden into the backfield and be just fine. And, regardless of how many games he plays for any Elliott suspension there will be new drama revolving around that, too. For instance, do we keep playing a productive McFadden or bring in a fresh Elliott? Or, how does the lockerroom react, or how does Dak feel about this, or is Tom Landry spinnin' in his grave, or, or...
    yep, sports is just another entertainment. I dont bother wondering if the underdog has a chance anymore because the same teams keep making the playoffs over and over again no matter what their so called problems are.

I think him being suspended takes a huge swing in our favor. I am going to that game and would prefer strength on strength, but it is what it is. It better turn into a win - no injuries of course.

Not having Zek Elliott on the field for 6 games at the start of the season is a huge problem for Dak Prescott. Elliott provides multiple big play options while the RB 2nd and 3rd stringers can be contained for shorter gains. Elliott's abscence will definitely affect Dallas' offense and scoring when we play the Pokes. Advantage Cards.

I'm pleased that Elliott won't be on the field for the Card's to home opener on National TV on Sept 25th. Carson and David should easily own the night.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Unless they wind up suspending the offensive line with him, I don't think they'll miss him as much as they think
    In my opinion I think that online took a hit at Right tackle, some people think the guy from Lsu is gonna just step in and everything will be the same I don't buy it.

That begs the question: should we even be that position where 1 FG decides a win/loss vs a backup QB?

Its more than arguable that we shouldve been up multiple scores and 1 kick shouldnt matter. We blew it hard. Theres no faster path to a loss than "Oh they are missing their star, this is going to be easy".
    A majority of games in the NFL are within 7 points. A league where there is a huge drop off in quarterback play.