Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: ***Cardinals Vs. Raiders Preseason Game Night Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by doho7744 View Post
    I'm down in Tucson and I am watching it on http://sportsarefree.xyz/ktvu you can try that.
    A Shout Out for doho7744 for the link last night! I had tried all the other suggestions but yours was the only one that worked for me. Thank You!

A good preseason game from the Team. 3rd stringers still struggling some but most of those are rookies and UDFAs as to be expected. 5 th rd pick T Will Holden at LT was causing BG some discomfort with his blocking, responsible for at least 2 of the 4 sacks BG took. Rookie growing pains at the expense of the 3rd QB.

Could not believe the posters still bashing DS even after he had an outstanding night. His and the 2nd Team O had a better 3rd down efficiency than the 1st team. And both had a combined 80% before the 3rd team took over. That was a Major kudos to the O. But baggers will still bag, go figure.

Very good to see the team play like they did this early in the PS. Just want to see it continue and carry on into the RS. Go Cards!

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    It could well be that Stanton hasn't become a quality starter because he is content to make 4.5MM carrying a clipboard and getting an occasional start when Palmer goes down? Some quality NFL QB's aren't self motivated. I can't name them but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Or just that he's mature enough to know the truth. He's not good enough to be a starter in the NFL, but he's a reliable backup and that's a pretty good gig. Wait til Palmer goes out and has a couple of clunker losses. Stanton will be everyone's best buddy again.
    Last edited by AZCrazy; 08-13-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post
    Or just that he's mature enough to know the truth. He's not good enough to be a starter in the NFL, but he's a reliable backup and that's a pretty good gig. Wait til Palmer goes out and has a couple of clunker losses. Stanton will be everyone's best buddy again.
    If CP goes down..my best buddy will be that guy we have`nt drafted yet..all the kings stantons or Gabberts won`t put humpty dumpty together again
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Sure. But not that day.

50/50 shot on QB's taken in the first. We need all our young guys to succeed and contribute to feel comfortable trading away the farm to move up to the top of the first. We'll be picking 24-32 next year.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post
    Sure. But not that day.

50/50 shot on QB's taken in the first. We need all our young guys to succeed and contribute to feel comfortable trading away the farm to move up to the top of the first. We'll be picking 24-32 next year.
    i wish i could generate that kind of optimism ..lol..32 sounds really good,I`m rooting for your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    If CP goes down..my best buddy will be that guy we have`nt drafted yet..all the kings stantons or Gabberts won`t put humpty dumpty together again
    If CP does down this season you may be right. But I disagree that drafting a QB will do better then Stanton or Gabbert. Here are my reasons why. The Cards D will be good for years to come with all their young talent, a young pro bowl running back, fast receivers you have a formula for Gabbert to succeed. Give him a year or more learning the offense and you have in my opinion a starting QB that will do well in Arians system. That being said there is no guarantee that drafting a QB will do better. It has been stated many, many times that Gabbert has the all the tools to succeed. What I have seen so far does nothing that says anything different. It is my opinion that Arians will keep both Stanton and Gabbert.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonredbird View Post
    If CP does down this season you may be right. But I disagree that drafting a QB will do better then Stanton or Gabbert. Here are my reasons why. The Cards D will be good for years to come with all their young talent, a young pro bowl running back, fast receivers you have a formula for Gabbert to succeed. Give him a year or more learning the offense and you have in my opinion a starting QB that will do well in Arians system. That being said there is no guarantee that drafting a QB will do better. It has been stated many, many times that Gabbert has the all the tools to succeed. What I have seen so far does nothing that says anything different. It is my opinion that Arians will keep both Stanton and Gabbert.
    Kind of agree here Oregonredbird.

But I don't subscribe to the sinking ship syndrome Rimrock and others keep pushing If CP were to go down to injury. We are in much better QB shape than we were in 2014. And if it had not been for "dirty" Rams play DS would've taken us into the playoffs and that 1st Playoff game would have been a much better game than what poor Ryan Lindley could muster. But DS got hurt and therefore he's been a bum ever since to many here on this MB. And those same posters, for the most part, also are the ones that take the pot shots at BASK too.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Kind of agree here Oregonredbird.

But I don't subscribe to the sinking ship syndrome Rimrock and others keep pushing If CP were to go down to injury. We are in much better QB shape than we were in 2014. And if it had not been for "dirty" Rams play DS would've taken us into the playoffs and that 1st Playoff game would have been a much better game than what poor Ryan Lindley could muster. But DS got hurt and therefore he's been a bum ever since to many here on this MB. And those same posters, for the most part, also are the ones that take the pot shots at BASK too.

JosEPh
    Like you JosEPh I don't agree with the sinking ship syndrome if CP was injured. There is not much doubt that it would be a difficult road to travel on with out CP but that being said I agree the Cards are in better shape then they were in 2014 regarding the QB situation. Also like you I feel the Cards are much better off having Stanton on the team then without him. You don't have to have a great QB if the team has a very talented D and RB to rely on. Just have to play it smart.
    Last edited by Oregonredbird; 08-13-2017 at 04:24 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZWAdygchDA
    anyone who had to watch the Raiders broadcast last night should watch it from a cards point of view..i confess i missed some pretty good stuff with all the Raider interviews and bias reporting

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZWAdygchDA
    anyone who had to watch the Raiders broadcast last night should watch it from a cards point of view..i confess i missed some pretty good stuff with all the Raider interviews and bias reporting
    Thanks for the YouTube link, RimrockCard. I just watched the entire game OAK v. ARZ replay.

I hope #15 Ross makes the 53-man cut. He's a huge improvement over the sot that previously wore that number. My only gripe on Ross Friday night was the one end zone drop. I thought Gabbert showed good poise with the 2nds and 3rds. He should make the final cut as well.