Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: ***Cardinals Vs. Raiders Preseason Game Night Thread***

ZZZzzzzzzzz.....

I went to a football game and a big ole nap broke out

Just home and there were almost as many Raiders fans as Cardinals fans. They were often louder. A shame. It will be crazier when they are in Vegas.

The starters moved the ball well with Palmer in, and Stanton looked better than he has in two years to me. Gabbert never had much time to even plant a foot...the Oline was bad by the time he got in. When he wasn't forced to scramble immediately he did fine. I'd like to see him with our first string Oline, receivers and DJ.

Nkemdiche to me is the story for two games now. He dominated 2nd stringers last week. He dominated everyone today. I think we have a player, boys.

The punts looked great, coverage looked good, Dawson looked good, returns were fine...hopefully ST have been upgraded to at least middle of the pack.

The QBs missed long on our deep shots but I wondered if they'd been hit with Brown or Nelson. I think it was Brown early who had huge separation though, and we couldn't get it done.

David Johnson is still a stud. Keep him and Palmer healthy and we can be really good. I'm feeling better about the defense seeing solid vet play from Dansby/Bethea and exciting young guys in Nkemdiche and Baker. I didn't notice CB2 issues from the stands from Bethel...any comments on how he did?

Quote Originally Posted by AZCards View Post
    ZZZzzzzzzzz.....

I went to a football game and a big ole nap broke out
    You got sleepy during a preseason game??? haha thats simply on you for expecting more. Too funny

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Just home and there were almost as many Raiders fans as Cardinals fans. They were often louder. A shame. It will be crazier when they are in Vegas.

PRESEASON!!!! Raiders have a good following, who cares.......

The starters moved the ball well with Palmer in, and Stanton looked better than he has in two years to me. Gabbert never had much time to even plant a foot...the Oline was bad by the time he got in. When he wasn't forced to scramble immediately he did fine. I'd like to see him with our first string Oline, receivers and DJ.

Nkemdiche to me is the story for two games now. He dominated 2nd stringers last week. He dominated everyone today. I think we have a player, boys.

The punts looked great, coverage looked good, Dawson looked good, returns were fine...hopefully ST have been upgraded to at least middle of the pack.

The QBs missed long on our deep shots but I wondered if they'd been hit with Brown or Nelson. I think it was Brown early who had huge separation though, and we couldn't get it done.

David Johnson is still a stud. Keep him and Palmer healthy and we can be really good. I'm feeling better about the defense seeing solid vet play from Dansby/Bethea and exciting young guys in Nkemdiche and Baker. I didn't notice CB2 issues from the stands from Bethel...any comments on how he did?

Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post
    General thoughts, from the stadium:

First teamers dominated pretty well. A few miscues but minor ones. Drove down and scored, prevented them from scoring.

Stanton looked like a decent backup. No flash, but good evasiveness and generally on target throws unless they were big chunk throws. All our QB's overthrew those all night. Luckily no INT's.
    Gabbert is harder to get a read on. Ran a lot more. One read and run pretty often, but truthfully he had no pocket and was running for his life most of the time. 2nd and 3rd team O line didnt hold up well.

DJ and CJ ran alright. David J only got a few carries but looked like himself. So did Chris Johnson who did his typical 0, 1, 1, 12 yards kind of series.
    Ellington gave strong effort, noticeably so, but still was taken down by the first tackler. He was just churning hard as he went down.
    Penny didn't face the first teamers to be sure, but that guy NEVER went down until three guys were on him. He's a horse, I want to see more.

WR didn't do much. Brittan Golden, Jeremy Ross, and Marquise Bundy got most of the work and did alright, but no major plays.

Nicklas played really well and didn't get hurt. No other TE's did much.

Starting O Line was good, although I haven't heard where DJ Humphries was. Cole Toner started at LT.
    Bergstrom was fair at backup C. Toner got some time at C also.
    Will Holden looked terrible, but to be fair, he hasn't seen his first NFL game yet. Kaleb Johnson got worked over at backup RG. I thought it was Dorian Johnson and was pretty disappointed.
    Actually, I am disappointed that Dorian is running with the 3rd team.

Kicking game was decent. Kickoffs were routinely put into the back of the end zone. Dawson made a couple of kicks with miles to spare ( missed one at the end).
    Richie Leone just destroyed the ball on his punts. All of them were 70 yards in the air.

On D, saw some good effort and outcomes. Mauro, Rucker, Chandler J, Markus G, Dansby all were solid and got out quickly.
    Scooby was in there most of the game. Made some good hits but was a step behind on a lot of others.
    Didn't see Bucannon of course. Saw a lot of Bethea who looked solid. Good wrap tackles, some breakups.
    Mathieu and Peterson didn't see a lot of action.
    Nkdemiche did, he ran with the first team and second team to get a lot of game time, and made the most of it. Was a wrecking ball out there.
    Needed a double team to stop him, and even that wasn't enough on a few plays.

Budda looked pretty good. Allowed a few catches, but never missed a tackle.
    Ironhead made some big hits.

Special teams looked good. Good if unspectacular cover teams.

All in all, a lot to like. I hope we get a big playmaker in Nkdemiche. Our other levels of the defense have big talent in several spots. We need one on the DL.

Just need the OL to hold intact, and we should have a season to be proud of.

Also very evident that season ticket holders don't mind selling their preseason tickets. Looked like a Raider home game in there. Fortunately, they didn't have much to cheer for.

Thanks for sharing, pretty much how I felt, though I wasn't at the game. My daughter was though.
    That last FG that was missed was on Wile though, not Dawson.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Question

Is Gabbert's good play, in part down to having a guy on the roster who can push him for the back up spot?
    Wembley bound.

Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post
    General thoughts, from the stadium:

First teamers dominated pretty well. A few miscues but minor ones. Drove down and scored, prevented them from scoring.

Stanton looked like a decent backup. No flash, but good evasiveness and generally on target throws unless they were big chunk throws. All our QB's overthrew those all night. Luckily no INT's.
    Gabbert is harder to get a read on. Ran a lot more. One read and run pretty often, but truthfully he had no pocket and was running for his life most of the time. 2nd and 3rd team O line didnt hold up well.

DJ and CJ ran alright. David J only got a few carries but looked like himself. So did Chris Johnson who did his typical 0, 1, 1, 12 yards kind of series.
    Ellington gave strong effort, noticeably so, but still was taken down by the first tackler. He was just churning hard as he went down.
    Penny didn't face the first teamers to be sure, but that guy NEVER went down until three guys were on him. He's a horse, I want to see more.

WR didn't do much. Brittan Golden, Jeremy Ross, and Marquise Bundy got most of the work and did alright, but no major plays.

Nicklas played really well and didn't get hurt. No other TE's did much.

Starting O Line was good, although I haven't heard where DJ Humphries was. Cole Toner started at LT.
    Bergstrom was fair at backup C. Toner got some time at C also.
    Will Holden looked terrible, but to be fair, he hasn't seen his first NFL game yet. Kaleb Johnson got worked over at backup RG. I thought it was Dorian Johnson and was pretty disappointed.
    Actually, I am disappointed that Dorian is running with the 3rd team.

Kicking game was decent. Kickoffs were routinely put into the back of the end zone. Dawson made a couple of kicks with miles to spare ( missed one at the end).
    Richie Leone just destroyed the ball on his punts. All of them were 70 yards in the air.

On D, saw some good effort and outcomes. Mauro, Rucker, Chandler J, Markus G, Dansby all were solid and got out quickly.
    Scooby was in there most of the game. Made some good hits but was a step behind on a lot of others.
    Didn't see Bucannon of course. Saw a lot of Bethea who looked solid. Good wrap tackles, some breakups.
    Mathieu and Peterson didn't see a lot of action.
    Nkdemiche did, he ran with the first team and second team to get a lot of game time, and made the most of it. Was a wrecking ball out there.
    Needed a double team to stop him, and even that wasn't enough on a few plays.

Budda looked pretty good. Allowed a few catches, but never missed a tackle.
    Ironhead made some big hits.

Special teams looked good. Good if unspectacular cover teams.

All in all, a lot to like. I hope we get a big playmaker in Nkdemiche. Our other levels of the defense have big talent in several spots. We need one on the DL.

Just need the OL to hold intact, and we should have a season to be proud of.

Also very evident that season ticket holders don't mind selling their preseason tickets. Looked like a Raider home game in there. Fortunately, they didn't have much to cheer for.
    Excellent wrap up.

Anyone on D miss Calais Campbell yet? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Good i think
    Marky tweeked his groin and a back up TE was injured. I forgot who so we came out in great shape. I dont know how the 3rd game will go.
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    @Biggs,

Competition helps productivity. Period!

JosEPh
    Maybe Stanton has been inaccurate and unable to be a starting QB in regular season games because he didn't have Gabbert to push him so he could hold a clipboard for 4.5MM a year? I buy that.
    Last edited by Biggs; 08-13-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Maybe Stanton has been inaccurate and unable to be a starting QB in regular season games because he didn't have Gabbert to push him so he could hold a clipboard for 4.5MM a year? I buy that.
    stanton is what he is..no matter how much Joe pushes that "competition is good"..so is BG for that matter
    The Big A era begins

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    stanton is what he is..no matter how much Joe pushes that "competition is good"..so is BG for that matter
    It could well be that Stanton hasn't become a quality starter because he is content to make 4.5MM carrying a clipboard and getting an occasional start when Palmer goes down? Some quality NFL QB's aren't self motivated. I can't name them but that doesn't mean they don't exist.