Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Cardinals Vs. Raiders Preseason Game Night Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    pretty blah about now
    Yep. Movie time.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

NFL Network now picking up the game in
    the 4th Quarter gee just a live look in
    Last edited by FLCardinalFan; 08-12-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Yeah it's crazy how you can love football and be completely disinterested when the stars are removed lol
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

bye Wile..or whatever your name was
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by Westgate View Post
    Hi, CB110F, thanks for asking. I have been asked that question before a few times during the years I participated here, especially the Game Day Threads. I am really a Cardinals fan like the rest of you, and I work for the USPS.

I figure if I was employed with the Cardinals front office staff and departmental employee, I would not be allowed and I can't allow to post here all along here in the Cardinals social media fan forum. Possibly be a conflict of interest.

Back to the game, Budda Baker helped the Raiders scored the first touchdown from the Cardinals 7-yard line to score their first touchdown.

Cardinals 17, Raiders - 10.
    Wow, well that makes your posts just that much more impressive. Thanks!!

NFL NETWORK replay coming up at

top of the hour

1 am Eastern Time

Good, we won. I like when we win. And I am glad we have gabbert. I think I would like to keep him. I am glad we picked him over Kaperstink.
    Last edited by Cardiac Card; 08-13-2017 at 12:14 AM.

How did we come out health wise
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by JagNCard225 View Post
    How did we come out health wise
    Good i think
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

General thoughts, from the stadium:

First teamers dominated pretty well. A few miscues but minor ones. Drove down and scored, prevented them from scoring.

Stanton looked like a decent backup. No flash, but good evasiveness and generally on target throws unless they were big chunk throws. All our QB's overthrew those all night. Luckily no INT's.
    Gabbert is harder to get a read on. Ran a lot more. One read and run pretty often, but truthfully he had no pocket and was running for his life most of the time. 2nd and 3rd team O line didnt hold up well.

DJ and CJ ran alright. David J only got a few carries but looked like himself. So did Chris Johnson who did his typical 0, 1, 1, 12 yards kind of series.
    Ellington gave strong effort, noticeably so, but still was taken down by the first tackler. He was just churning hard as he went down.
    Penny didn't face the first teamers to be sure, but that guy NEVER went down until three guys were on him. He's a horse, I want to see more.

WR didn't do much. Brittan Golden, Jeremy Ross, and Marquise Bundy got most of the work and did alright, but no major plays.

Nicklas played really well and didn't get hurt. No other TE's did much.

Starting O Line was good, although I haven't heard where DJ Humphries was. Cole Toner started at LT.
    Bergstrom was fair at backup C. Toner got some time at C also.
    Will Holden looked terrible, but to be fair, he hasn't seen his first NFL game yet. Kaleb Johnson got worked over at backup RG. I thought it was Dorian Johnson and was pretty disappointed.
    Actually, I am disappointed that Dorian is running with the 3rd team.

Kicking game was decent. Kickoffs were routinely put into the back of the end zone. Dawson made a couple of kicks with miles to spare ( missed one at the end).
    Richie Leone just destroyed the ball on his punts. All of them were 70 yards in the air.

On D, saw some good effort and outcomes. Mauro, Rucker, Chandler J, Markus G, Dansby all were solid and got out quickly.
    Scooby was in there most of the game. Made some good hits but was a step behind on a lot of others.
    Didn't see Bucannon of course. Saw a lot of Bethea who looked solid. Good wrap tackles, some breakups.
    Mathieu and Peterson didn't see a lot of action.
    Nkdemiche did, he ran with the first team and second team to get a lot of game time, and made the most of it. Was a wrecking ball out there.
    Needed a double team to stop him, and even that wasn't enough on a few plays.

Budda looked pretty good. Allowed a few catches, but never missed a tackle.
    Ironhead made some big hits.

Special teams looked good. Good if unspectacular cover teams.

All in all, a lot to like. I hope we get a big playmaker in Nkdemiche. Our other levels of the defense have big talent in several spots. We need one on the DL.

Just need the OL to hold intact, and we should have a season to be proud of.

Also very evident that season ticket holders don't mind selling their preseason tickets. Looked like a Raider home game in there. Fortunately, they didn't have much to cheer for.
    Last edited by AZCrazy; 08-13-2017 at 01:16 AM.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy