Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Robert Nkemdiche killing it at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    I saw an article today that said Frostee Rucker was tabbed #1 DT and Robert Nkemdiche is tabbed #2 DT for RS game 1. Jim Bettcher again favors senior experience over sophomore youth.
    The Cards rotate D-linemen all the time, you know this. So what's the problem? Plus Nkemdiche has only been out of the boot for the calf injury a few days now. You gonna proclaim a healing player #1 a week and a half before the 1st game?

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    I saw an article today that said Frostee Rucker was tabbed #1 DT and Robert Nkemdiche is tabbed #2 DT for RS game 1. Jim Bettcher again favors senior experience over sophomore youth.
    No I would say Frostee has actually earned that. What has Robert ever done for us?

Yes they say he's had a better camp but it's not a bad thing to keep the carrot in front of this guy and let him move up when he's healthy.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    No I would say Frostee has actually earned that. What has Robert ever done for us?

Yes they say he's had a better camp but it's not a bad thing to keep the carrot in front of this guy and let him move up when he's healthy.
    Well, yes, to a point. Rucker is a much better run-stuffer in base, and everyone knows that. Nkemdiche is much more of a 3-tech pressure guy like Dockett. Rucker-Peters-Mauro in base, early downs. Nkemdiche will play in Nickel.

Wow, 1 question, 4 opinions. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Well, yes, to a point. Rucker is a much better run-stuffer in base, and everyone knows that. Nkemdiche is much more of a 3-tech pressure guy like Dockett. Rucker-Peters-Mauro in base, early downs. Nkemdiche will play in Nickel.
    Based on what I saw in pre season Robert stuffed the run pretty good. Didnt see him get much pressure. From a physical point of view he has a lot of Dockett in him.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Based on what I saw in pre season Robert stuffed the run pretty good. Didnt see him get much pressure. From a physical point of view he has a lot of Dockett in him.
    He's a penetrator. That can work against a run if it blows up the point of attack or if the run just happens to be right at you. It can also backfire if you get too deep and create a lane.

The true "run stuffers" are (more or less) disciplined space eaters that engage blockers, fill gaps, and don't give the RB anywhere to go, so they can be cleaned up by the LB or SS.

Rucker is more the latter. He is going to stay in his lane and not let his blocker get to the next level. That's exactly what you what against the run, a wall of bodies sealing off the LOS so the LB's can shoot gaps or slide down the LOS and stretch it out.