45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Stanton

9 20.00%
  • Blaine Gabbert

36 80.00%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: #2 Quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Good thing Steve Keim is in charge of the Draft and the 53-man roster.
    SK hasn't proven he can pick a QB either.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Where are you getting these ideas from? Were you out in the sun too long today? Any HC that is not continually "looking" is a HC that is walking out the door right now.

JosEPh
    I have seen poor QB play out of this franchise for far too long that is for sure.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Stanton looks better...but still spends eons staring down his receiver....wont work in the long run!

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Stanton looks better...but still spends eons staring down his receiver....wont work in the long run!
    He was lighting it up 15 yards and under. Typically threw to the 1st read. His TD pas was beautiful and was his 3rd or 4th read. He went 0 - 4 over 15 yards with a dropped interception and sailed the rest, as usual. So if Arians wants to go with a dink and dunk offense then Stanton's a good fit. Too bad we already know BA love the big bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    SK hasn't proven he can pick a QB either.

I have seen poor QB play out of this franchise for far too long that is for sure.
    How many would rather be in Jacksonville's situation with a QB? I don't see any hands going up! They have drafted several in the top 5 and still have not hit on a winner. We have no idea how good this year's draft QB class will be. There is a huge difference between preseason and games that count. For example, watch Trubisky this Sat. If it is anything like last week, the coaches protected him. By that I mean they structured the plays so that he only had to work on 1/2 the field. He did not have complex defenses to evaluate and he sure did not have multiple reads to find the right receiver. Now, he does have a good arm and he is accurate. Check and check. However, he will never succeed in the league unless he can drop back, read the defense, find the correct receiver (who may have adjusted his route due to coverage) and hit that receiver while surveying the entire field. And, oh, by the way, don't forget to include the fact he anticipated the receiver break. When teams start game planning the QB, then we will see how good these newly drafted QBs are.

I am much happier with the group we have. One through three, we are in the top three in the league for QBs. That's not to say, we have the best QB in the league, I am just saying that when you compare our three QBs to the other teams, we have one of the top trios. We can all remember pulling a QB off the street when both our #1 and #2 went down. The team quickly went from one of the best to one of the worst.
    Last edited by LongTimeFan; 08-18-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreday70 View Post
    He was lighting it up 15 yards and under. Typically threw to the 1st read. His TD pas was beautiful and was his 3rd or 4th read. He went 0 - 4 over 15 yards with a dropped interception and sailed the rest, as usual. So if Arians wants to go with a dink and dunk offense then Stanton's a good fit. Too bad we already know BA love the big bomb.
    I noticed he would tend to lock on to Ellington at times and then another receiver, (don't remember who now) at times. More than once he followed his intended target from the snap until he threw the ball, with his head never really moving as though he were checking out another target.

Between that and the near int in the end zone I wasn't as thrilled with his performance as others.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Time to move on to Part III..lol..Stanton move up a few points in Public Opinion this week..we`ll see what tonight brings
    BTW the second poll did`nt survive the merge ..Stanton 12..BG 28
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 08-19-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting