45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Stanton

9 20.00%
  • Blaine Gabbert

36 80.00%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 Quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    As I have said before. Who ******** cares. Stanton is a backup that should never be a stater. Gabbert is also a backup that should never be a starter. Having either one on the roster puts us no closer to having someone that can replace Palmer. Meanwhile all around the league rookie QBs look to be doing just fine from a supposed class that didn't have any good ones. D. Watson especially.

Sad.
    Could not have said it better.

Stanton looked amazing. If he was a draft pick based on his performance I'm thinking QB of the future maybe he could start instead of Palmer. I have to say bringing in Gabbert to push him may turn him into a guy who throw for 4,000 yards at a 65% completion rate with 25 to 30TD's and minimal INT"s. I'm pretty psyched to see him start next year.

As I have said before. Who ******** cares. Stanton is a backup that should never be a stater. Gabbert is also a backup that should never be a starter. Having either one on the roster puts us no closer to having someone that can replace Palmer. Meanwhile all around the league rookie QBs look to be doing just fine from a supposed class that didn't have any good ones. D. Watson especially.

Sad.
    Could`nt agree more....just killin time here til real football starts....if either of these guys have to start this year season is OVER is second CP hits the dirt...Period...oh..uh..IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Stanton looked amazing. If he was a draft pick based on his performance I'm thinking QB of the future maybe he could start instead of Palmer. I have to say bringing in Gabbert to push him may turn him into a guy who throw for 4,000 yards at a 65% completion rate with 25 to 30TD's and minimal INT"s. I'm pretty psyched to see him start next year.
    LOL...don`t cave into the Pressure Biggs..haha..love sarcasm
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Sad.
    It's PRESEASON football for crying out loud. The only relevant game play is when the number ones are on the field and even that is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    It's PRESEASON football for crying out loud. The only relevant game play is when the number ones are on the field and even that is questionable.
    Oh I see so why does this thread even exist?
    Or the one about Nkemdiche?

Let's not cherry pick. Either preseason is meaningless or we can tell somethings.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Oh I see so why does this thread even exist?
    Or the one about Nkemdiche?

Let's not cherry pick. Either preseason is meaningless or we can tell somethings.
    NK is a bust and Stanton is the QB of the future. It means something different to everyone.

Sad.
    Really?

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...1-f74218580166

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    What does Logan Thomas have to do with what I said?
    Still searching for our QBOF.

What does Logan Thomas have to do with what I said?
    Logan is a punching bag on here for QB selections but balled in the preseason (11-12 123 TD, no INT debut). Don't get sucked in by practice squad bodies doing vanilla defenses

My observations of the game. The 1st and 2nd string line are pretty good. After that it gets sketchy. The 3rd string can't open any holes for the RB, and Gabbert at the beginning didn't have any time to throw. By the time he got back and set up the D was on him. He was pretty much running for his life where Stanton had a pretty clean pocket the whole time he was out there.

Stanton looked good. He didn't do anything to make me believe he is no more than a career back up. Which is what he has been his whole career. He doesn't have the throwing skills Gabbert does. His arm may be just as strong but he doesn't have the accuracy on his placement of his passes.

Gabbert went 5 of 9 with 2 drops for 53 yards. One in the end zone. Add in those 2 drops that were squarely on the receivers and now he is 7 for 9. Add in about another 24 yards and he is 5 of 9 for 77 yards. That's 8.5 yards per completion. Those are good numbers. He also stood in the pocket and took some hits trying to complete passes. That to me was the biggest thing I got out of the game. He isn't gun shy and will stand back there to try and complete passes rather than tucking it and run at the first sign his protection is breaking down.

Penny is a pourer power back. He heeds a whole at the point of attack. He isn't going to juke any defenders and not make many people miss. He also isn't going to go looking for any other wholes. When he has a whole and can get some momentum he is a load to bring down. Kid can move the pile, and is faster than I thought once he gets it going.

AE is still AE. Still not a very good runner and doesn't finish off runs. He might make the team now that Logan is out for a while. Still easily replaceable.

Well that's my take on what I saw yesterday.