Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 Quarterback part II

Default #2 Quarterback part II

So after 2 games how do you feel...
    Stanton was`nt unseated today..IMO
    The Big A era begins

This is gonna be hilarious
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Gabbert will be fine as things go along.

I don't think Stanton did anything to really hurt himself, but Gabbert really impressed me when he stood in the pocket, knowing he was gonna take that hard shot, delivered a strike to John Ross in the end zone and he dropped it. Meantime Gabbert was swallowed up and hammered by the Raider defender.

Also, I felt Gabbert was judicious about running, and when he did he gained good yardage.

I think most of the third quarter Del Rio's DC was doing more than typical vanilla stuff w/ the Raider pass rush. Looked like they really wanted to get back in the game. Gabbert's protection wasn't holding up at all.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Just home from the game. Stanton actually did well. Better than I've seen him in years. In the second half Gabbert had a hard time as the defense was on him often by the time he had dropped back...the 2nd half Oline was awful.

I pick Gabbert as I think of the two he has potential to be QB1 after Palmer decides to hang em up. I give him a low chance, but a legit NFL QB1 is a rare thing and I don't want to lose that chance before we know. And to know I believe a QB needs a good year in BA's offense, with lots of reps and practice time. I want Gabbert getting practice time that Stanton might otherwise take up. I also liked Gabbert's running ability tonight, something we are not used to here. I don't want him to leave the pocket too quickly or be gunshy, but even though he scrambled a lot tonight I didn't feel it was on Gabbert, but on the line.

I'd like to see him in one of these games with the starting Oline, Fitz and the starting receivers, and Johnson at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    So after 2 games how do you feel...
    Stanton was`nt unseated today..IMO
    Oh Dark 30 here now. I'll watch a game replay and get back to the Board after sunrise this moring.

The post-game notes I did read so far indicate BG's fundamentals were fine. His supporting cast was not as ready or skilled.

DS apparently benefited from better protection and better receivers. He was the night's QB overachiever. No problem with that.

If the competition was froze now, it's CP 1, DS 2, BG 3. And BASK carries 3 QBs on the 53-man roster.

As I have said before. Who ******** cares. Stanton is a backup that should never be a stater. Gabbert is also a backup that should never be a starter. Having either one on the roster puts us no closer to having someone that can replace Palmer. Meanwhile all around the league rookie QBs look to be doing just fine from a supposed class that didn't have any good ones. D. Watson especially.

Sad.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    As I have said before. Who ******** cares. Stanton is a backup that should never be a stater. Gabbert is also a backup that should never be a starter. Having either one on the roster puts us no closer to having someone that can replace Palmer. Meanwhile all around the league rookie QBs look to be doing just fine from a supposed class that didn't have any good ones. D. Watson especially.

Sad.
    Could not have said it better.

Stanton looked amazing. If he was a draft pick based on his performance I'm thinking QB of the future maybe he could start instead of Palmer. I have to say bringing in Gabbert to push him may turn him into a guy who throw for 4,000 yards at a 65% completion rate with 25 to 30TD's and minimal INT"s. I'm pretty psyched to see him start next year.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post

Sad.
    Could`nt agree more....just killin time here til real football starts....if either of these guys have to start this year season is OVER is second CP hits the dirt...Period...oh..uh..IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Stanton looked amazing. If he was a draft pick based on his performance I'm thinking QB of the future maybe he could start instead of Palmer. I have to say bringing in Gabbert to push him may turn him into a guy who throw for 4,000 yards at a 65% completion rate with 25 to 30TD's and minimal INT"s. I'm pretty psyched to see him start next year.
    LOL...don`t cave into the Pressure Biggs..haha..love sarcasm
    The Big A era begins