Thread: The stadium was WAY too hot (at least in the 100 sections) yesterday.

Default The stadium was WAY too hot (at least in the 100 sections) yesterday.

What is going on with the A/C in the stadium? I know it's summer and it was a hot day, but there was either an issue with the A/C not being able to keep up with the heat, or someone didn't set the thermostat low enough.

No, I wasn't surrounded by people (I sit in an aisle seat, so I had some space), and I'm not overweight.

I'm a season ticket holder, and I sit in section 124. My fiance and I were miserable, and it was literally a relief to get outside of the stadium after the game, since there was at least a breeze outside. The guy sitting across the aisle from me had wet hair for the entire game because he was drenched in sweat.

This was unacceptable, and should not be happening when we have a dome stadium. I would normally just submit this through a feedback page on the site, but I'm posting this publicly in case anyone else wants to share their experience.

Edit: Also, it's worth mentioning that I've been a season ticket holder for 3 years (same seats for 2 years now), and I've been to games on hotter days than yesterday, but the stadium has always been comfortable. Something was wrong last night in the stadium.
    Last edited by beauwinden; 08-13-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Well it is in a desert, so you know...

The AC was probably on the fritz lol.. I have had season tickets for quite some time and it can get hot sometimes but never drenching with sweat type hot..Glad I didnt go and so glad the first two games are away games.. I hate tailgating in August and Sept ... super hot

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    The AC was probably on the fritz lol.. I have had season tickets for quite some time and it can get hot sometimes but never drenching with sweat type hot..Glad I didnt go and so glad the first two games are away games.. I hate tailgating in August and Sept ... super hot
    you probably made the schedule
    "It's OUR Time"

My hunch is that the AC unit that blows the good stuff in your section was toast. I was never uncomfortable for even those 1PM starts when the outside temp is probably between 105-110. Now the Dbacks stadium, on the other hand....I always feel a bit toasty there.