Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Richardson

A lot of haters here but this is a great pickup for the Hags. Disappointed Keim couldnt have pulled this deal off

No doubt I'm not excited about the move but I don't think this elevates their D to a whole other level that now will make them impossible to beat. I'd be way more concerned if they had picked up a great OL talent. Thankfully they will be relying only on Wilson and how insanely gifted he is at evading the pass rush. Though our defense has gotten EXTREMYLY good and sacking him. Now we'll just have to see how much of that was Campbell and how much interior push Bob can get.

The one plus I do see is one more head case on that defense full of *********. Keep wondering if it might just all come crashing down on Pete's gum smacking head. I'm not banking on it.. but it's very much a possibility.
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

This is a bad move for us, made possible by an inept Jets front office. Who trades a Pro Bowl player for a 2nd round pick and a mediocre WR? On the bright side, probably just a one-year rental for the Seahawks. But make no mistake, Richardson makes them scary for 2017.

Richardson production slipped last year (1 sacks) and he opened the 2015 and ’16 seasons with suspensions. He is a troubled young man. Very talented no doubt.
    Last edited by Oregonredbird; 09-02-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Seattle gave up a 2nd for a guy in his contract year. That says something. They think he makes their D great right now. They have a pretty good grip on defensive talent.
    Develop your big picture thinking a little. . . When Richardson walks and some dumb team signs him to a Wilkerson like deal who gets the 3rd round comp pick? That's right, the Seahawks. We also swapped spots with the Jets in the 7th round. That will be a move up of 25-30 spots. They are very likely to have the #1 overall pick, and we should be drafting somewhere after 25, possibly even in the 30's.

So the trade is, a 2nd round pick that will be at the end of the round in 2018, a WR we were going to cut anyway, (and take a huge cap hit, so thanks Jets!) for a Pro-Bowl DT, a 2019 3rd round comp pick and a move up of 25-30 spots in the 7th, (The 5th, 6th, and 7th are Schneider's favorite rounds)

Frankly, simply getting the Jets to take the 6+ million dead money cap hit for Kearse off our books is reason enough to be jumping for joy over this trade. Getting a highly motivated soul-wrecker on the DLine in a contract year is a huge bonus.
    You mean soccer? The sport for 4th graders that foreigners take seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawks4ever View Post
    Develop your big picture thinking a little. . . When Richardson walks and some dumb team signs him to a Wilkerson like deal who gets the 3rd round comp pick? That's right, the Seahawks. We also swapped spots with the Jets in the 7th round. That will be a move up of 25-30 spots. They are very likely to have the #1 overall pick, and we should be drafting somewhere after 25, possibly even in the 30's.

So the trade is, a 2nd round pick that will be at the end of the round in 2018, a WR we were going to cut anyway, (and take a huge cap hit, so thanks Jets!) for a Pro-Bowl DT, a 2019 3rd round comp pick and a move up of 25-30 spots in the 7th, (The 5th, 6th, and 7th are Schneider's favorite rounds)

Frankly, simply getting the Jets to take the 6+ million dead money cap hit for Kearse off our books is reason enough to be jumping for joy over this trade. Getting a highly motivated soul-wrecker on the DLine in a contract year is a huge bonus.
    Hope that the Jets do tank their season and this Richardson - draft high 2nd round idea - all works out for your team in 2018. Some big risks to manage on both teams for this season. Richardson is a wild card for you. Jets tanking for a draft spot rarely works.

I was right earlier about the SEA cap and Kearse move. That's a smart one, S4E.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Hope that the Jets do tank their season and this Richardson - draft high 2nd round idea - all works out for your team in 2018. Some big risks to manage on both teams for this season. Richardson is a wild card for you. Jets tanking for a draft spot rarely works.

I was right earlier about the SEA cap and Kearse move. That's a smart one, S4E.
    The Jets have absolutely no one left. They will be the worst team in Football.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    The Jets have absolutely no one left. They will be the worst team in Football.
    And if the Jets are the worst team, their HC won't be forgiven. Sad situation for the fans.