Thread: Arron Donald DT - Cards & Rams Trade?

Default Arron Donald DT - Cards & Rams Trade?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ed-miss-opener

What do you guys think about a Cards/Rams trade? What's Donald worth on the open market? CC type money? More? This is the one DT that I'd love to have at almost any price.

Donald's base pay now is <$2M and his base salary in 2018 is an eye popping $6,892,000 for arguably the best DT in the NFL today.

If he continues to sit out games, his fines will exceed his annual salary. He won't stay with the Rams if this holdout continues another week, IMV.

6/12/2014: Signed a four-year, $10.136 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $5.692 million signing bonus. 2017: $1,802,250, 2018: Club Option, 2019: Free Agent

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ed-miss-opener

What do you guys think about a Cards/Rams trade? What's Donald worth on the open market? CC type money? More? This is the one DT that I'd love to have at almost any price.

Donald's base pay now is <$2M and his base salary in 2018 is an eye popping $6,892,000 for arguably the best DT in the NFL today.

If he continues to sit out games, his fines will exceed his annual salary. He won't stay with the Rams if this holdout continues another week, IMV.

6/12/2014: Signed a four-year, $10.136 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $5.692 million signing bonus. 2017: $1,802,250, 2018: Club Option, 2019: Free Agent
    You'd most likely have to give up something equal in value or a first and a later pick..The Rams need to get this done and they probably will.. He's like the best DT in the NFL.

Trading him in division would mean we'd probably have to give up even more than equal value. They'd probably want Peterson plus David to go along with a pick knowing them

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    You'd most likely have to give up something equal in value or a first and a later pick..The Rams need to get this done and they probably will.. He's like the best DT in the NFL.
    This is a dangerous situation for Donald right now. If he sits much longer, his future NFL trade value will plummet. I agree the team wants him to play this weekend. He apparently isn't in a hurry to go to work despite gaudy team fines.

The man's a physical terror on the field. He's gifted. And he's getting paid well. I wish I had a $10M contract to work weekends.

I understand that he's not happy with the mandated $10M rookie contract lasting thru 2018. So, why is he punishing the LA Rams and holding out now? The CA tax situation must be biting him hard. MO taxes were cheap in comparison. LOL @ CA!

By holding himself out of practices and game preps, he's saying that he cares more about money and less about integrity. His approach with the LA Rams is going to cause a contract discount somewhere in the future. GMs notice guys like Donald and their agents. Albert George Haynesworth III (TEN/WAS) comes to mind. He was far bigger and notably dumber than Donald, so far.

Donald re-signed w/ the Rams. Thread done.