Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Carson Palmer game one.

Quote Originally Posted by UC1 View Post
    Yes, that would be my point.

Super Bruce kept feeding DJ the ball early in the game, when Detroit was selling out their defense specifically to stop him. One might think a more smarterer coach would have adjusted their play calling to take advantage of that, but what do I know.
    20/20. That's what you know.

And BA is smarterer than you arerer.
    Last edited by CardCore; 09-16-2017 at 12:30 AM.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    20/20. That's what you know.

And BA is smarterer than you arerer.

If you mean 20/20 as in the middle of the first quarter as I was watching Super Bruce progress through however many scripted plays he had decided on however many days earlier while completely ignoring that they weren't working because of what Detroit's defense was doing, then you're right.

But hey man, carry that water if it helps your feelz. Maybe even wear a kangol while you watch the game.

Maybe even wear a kangol while you watch the game.
    Funny line. I like it!
    season ticket holder

Yes, that would be my point.

Super Bruce kept feeding DJ the ball early in the game, when Detroit was selling out their defense specifically to stop him. One might think a more smarterer coach would have adjusted their play calling to take advantage of that, but what do I know.
    You do realize that we have a veteran QB who can audible and change protections at any time. It's a highly flexible O. Arians is calling the plays but Palmer can basically do what he wants based on pre-snap reads. One might think that an O where the HC has given a lot of responsibility to a veteran QB if he sends in a play that the D is going to blow up it will be changed at the LOS. That's one of the great things about Arians O. It's not dependent on his play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    You do realize that we have a veteran QB who can audible and change protections at any time.
    I appreciate your loyalty to a lost cause, but the buck stops at the top. However, if you can find me evidence that Palmer is the genius who FOR YEARS has been calling fade routes in the end zone to the smallest receivers, I'll concede the point.

It's a highly flexible O.

And you misspelled "complicated."

If you mean 20/20 as in the middle of the first quarter as I was watching Super Bruce progress through however many scripted plays he had decided on however many days earlier while completely ignoring that they weren't working because of what Detroit's defense was doing, then you're right.

But hey man, carry that water if it helps your feelz. Maybe even wear a kangol while you watch the game.
    I was referring to 20/20 hindsight, which is what all of the "experts" ALWAYS have the benefit of.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

I appreciate your loyalty to a lost cause, but the buck stops at the top. However, if you can find me evidence that Palmer is the genius who FOR YEARS has been calling fade routes in the end zone to the smallest receivers, I'll concede the point.

And you misspelled "complicated."
    I'll concede the spell check as a fact without checking.

Regarding the rest of your post. We ranked 31st in points the year before Arians took over. The last 2 years we ranked 2nd and 6th. It it's your contention that our HC is an idiot for calling fades or that Palmer was wrong for changing plays to a fade when they were clearly working. I don't see that as a problem. Small receivers beat their man in the NFL and catch fades all the time. There's nothing smart about throwing jump balls on fades to a big WR unless he is positioned to make the catch. If you have a small wr in single and you think he can beat the CB to the corner and make a throw over the CB, nothing wrong with it. It's done all the time in the NFL.

Regarding your contention that I have some loyalty to Arians. That's conjecture on your part and you got it wrong. If Arians has a second losing season in a row he should be canned. I wouldn't necessarily say that about every head coach but in Arians case his age and health are a factor. The question is does the current GM do it or a new GM? If on the other hand we have a winning season and make the playoffs and he wants to coach another year I would retain him. That's not exactly loyalty. I could care less about Arians. I do want him to succeed while he is our coach because his success or failure is measured in wins and losses and I root for the team.

I don't have to cast stones at the HC or pretend I know more about play calling and NFL Offenses to make my case on firing the HC. For me it's all about wins and losses and results. Personality, tendencies, etc., etc., etc., don't play into it. I'm suspect that you have any loyalty to the team because you seem to be invested in a personal attack on Arians as opposed to results. I get your frustration but I don't get the personal attacks on the HC. He has done a very good job here with the exception of last year. I feel the same way about Palmer. I would be very quick to pull the plug on him. I thought he showed signs of decline last year in spite of other mitigating factors like OL issues, Floyd and both Brown's. I don't hate the guy, or think he's trying to sabotage the team. Fitz should go or take a huge pay cut if he can't continue to produce at a high level. It's all about results.
    Last edited by Biggs; 09-16-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Then I'm glad you're more interested in results, I wasn't getting that impression from your earlier posts. That's exactly why I'm tired of Super Bruce, the weaknesses he's had since he arrived are still there, but the success is gone. My perspective is that the success is gone BECAUSE of the weaknesses. See Famous Amos, for starters. See also fade routes in the end zone to the smallest receivers for another, which have failed FAR, FAR more often than they've succeeded.

I started wondering last year if he had started rubbing some of the players the wrong way with his hypocritical double standards for performance. I think I'm only seeing more of that this year.