Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88

Thread: Carson Palmer game one.

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Look around the league and a lot of quarterbacks had ***** to avg days.

    Brady terrible
    Palmer terrible
    Wilson terrible
    Manning Terible
    Rivers terrible

    In fact the two best quarterback statistically were Alex Smith and Sam Bradford.

    So yeah, I wouldn't overreact to one game. Same way I wouldn't overreact if we blew away a bad Indianapolis Colts team next week.

    If Palmer is this terrible against Dallas I would worry though
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 09-12-2017 at 05:41 PM.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CP3USCLEGEND View Post
    Look around the league and a lot of quarterbacks had ***** to avg days.

    Brady terrible
    Palmer terrible
    Wilson terrible
    Manning Terible
    Rivers terrible

    In fact the two best quarterback statistically were Alex Smith and Sam Bradford.

    So yeah, I wouldn't overreact to one game. Same way I wouldn't overreact if we blew away a bad Indianapolis Colts team next week.

    If Palmer is this terrible against Dallas I would worry though
    Looks like River is having a decent game now, made the post when they were down lol
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 09-12-2017 at 05:41 PM.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Saw this article today about Palmer:

    Former Cardinals QB believes Carson Palmer no longer can carry team

    Steve Beuerlein, analyst on NFL Monday QB on CBS Sports Network and also former Cardinals starting quarterback in the early 1990s, believes there is reason to worry for the Cardinals, especially with running back David Johnson expected to miss a huge chunk of the season.

    I am concerned about Carson Palmer, he said on the show on Monday. You look at what happened yesterday. They had a 17-9 lead, late in the third quarter. Hes up there in years, we know that. I dont think hes the same quarterback who can carry a team on his shoulders like he once was.

    He needs a lot of help and its not coincidental that David Johnson went out of that game late in third quarter. From that point on, the Cardinals offense was really stuck in low gear. . . He cannot make those non-rhythm throws like he used to be able to do it. In this league, you have to be able to make some of those throws. Carson Palmer is limited in his ability to do that these days.

    http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...an-carry-team/

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post
    Saw this article today about Palmer:

    Former Cardinals QB believes Carson Palmer no longer can carry team

    Steve Beuerlein, analyst on NFL Monday QB on CBS Sports Network and also former Cardinals starting quarterback in the early 1990s, believes there is reason to worry for the Cardinals, especially with running back David Johnson expected to miss a huge chunk of the season.

    I am concerned about Carson Palmer, he said on the show on Monday. You look at what happened yesterday. They had a 17-9 lead, late in the third quarter. Hes up there in years, we know that. I dont think hes the same quarterback who can carry a team on his shoulders like he once was.

    He needs a lot of help and its not coincidental that David Johnson went out of that game late in third quarter. From that point on, the Cardinals offense was really stuck in low gear. . . He cannot make those non-rhythm throws like he used to be able to do it. In this league, you have to be able to make some of those throws. Carson Palmer is limited in his ability to do that these days.

    http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...an-carry-team/
    Is he really trying to say that Palmer was doing alright until late 3rd quarter? He's a worse analyst than he was a QB.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Is he really trying to say that Palmer was doing alright until late 3rd quarter? He's a worse analyst than he was a QB.
    That's what you got out of that?

    He said when DJ left the Cards went downhill because DJ is a lot of their offense. Cant rely on the fading declining CP .
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Palmer was just awful... I had high hopes that he would have a bounce back year, but I don't see it coming. I know that DJ is/was our best player on the field, but did you have to target him/give it to him for like the first ten plays? He has other weapons. The Lions just took away DJ and figured they would take their chances with letting Palmer try and beat them. Wise decision. Wait until they actually run in to a top five D.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transpoman View Post
    Palmer was just awful... I had high hopes that he would have a bounce back year, but I don't see it coming. I know that DJ is/was our best player on the field, but did you have to target him/give it to him for like the first ten plays? He has other weapons. The Lions just took away DJ and figured they would take their chances with letting Palmer try and beat them. Wise decision. Wait until they actually run in to a top five D.
    Welcome to the Board, Transpoman. Very few other teams have shut down DJ. IMV, DET should not get credit last Sunday. That team's D offers nothing for our Offense to fear. There were many contributors to DJ's bad day, and unfortunately, some were wearing red and white, not just silver and blue.

    Do you think CP's unable to recoup and play well v. INDY? Your thoughts appreciated.

    P

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transpoman View Post
    Palmer was just awful... I had high hopes that he would have a bounce back year, but I don't see it coming. I know that DJ is/was our best player on the field, but did you have to target him/give it to him for like the first ten plays? He has other weapons. The Lions just took away DJ and figured they would take their chances with letting Palmer try and beat them. Wise decision. Wait until they actually run in to a top five D.
    My thoughts exactly, Transpoman. This was against a Lions team that isn't an elite pass rush D. My prediction is Palmer goes down vs. Dallas. Lawrence or Charlton, Sean Lee will end up taking him out. Then the Stanton joke show will last a half game.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Welcome to the Board, Transpoman. Very few other teams have shut down DJ. IMV, DET should not get credit last Sunday. That team's D offers nothing for our Offense to fear. There were many contributors to DJ's bad day, and unfortunately, some were wearing red and white, not just silver and blue.

    Do you think CP's unable to recoup and play well v. INDY? Your thoughts appreciated.

    P
    Thanks for the welcome...I would hope that he can bounce back against Indy. Seriously, the Rams put up 46 on them. Still don't see him faring well against a top D.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transpoman View Post
    Palmer was just awful... I had high hopes that he would have a bounce back year, but I don't see it coming. I know that DJ is/was our best player on the field, but did you have to target him/give it to him for like the first ten plays? He has other weapons. The Lions just took away DJ and figured they would take their chances with letting Palmer try and beat them. Wise decision. Wait until they actually run in to a top five D.
    An excellent post by a new guy. I too was wondering why it was all David Johnson in the opening plays. Pretty sure the Lions knew full well they needed to stop him.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •