Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Palmer game one.

Quote Originally Posted by chivasregal View Post
    If BA was serious about winning he should have given the pig to Stanton after Palmer's 2nd interception. The hell with ego and loyalty to the old guy. Rust or decline you always play to win, IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Cards View Post
    I agree Palmer isn't looking good . Some fan from a team Palmer played with before he got here mentioned long ago that he played hot and cold. He chokes when it really counts like the play offs. At this point I would have to agree. Ya gotta play the game and tho I didn't watch the game. I did catch some on the radio and it sounds like he's running scared . Trying to get the ball out to avoid taking a hit. Not sure Stanton would be better ,but at some point ya gotta make the call.
    I never , ever, thought at any point in the game bringing Stanton in would be a good idea.

I was hoping at some point he would find some rhythm , but nope he looked old and slow the whole game.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chivasregal View Post
    he should have given the pig to Stanton after Palmer's 2nd interception.
    You should be banned for a month for that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    The Cards vs Seahawks matchup is shaping up to be another 6-6 stink fest.
    Yep, who can get whooped the least in the first round of the playoffs. Who is to say the Rams don't win it lol.

he gave me 9 fantasy points today

First game of the season. I chalk it up to him knocking the rust off. Tom Brady looked like **** Thursday and you all know he will be back to carving up defenses in a few weeks. No reason why CP can not do the same. Nothing to see here move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Genken View Post
    First game of the season. I chalk it up to him knocking the rust off. Tom Brady looked like **** Thursday and you all know he will be back to carving up defenses in a few weeks. No reason why CP can not do the same. Nothing to see here move along.

You can't honestly compare Tom Brady who has played in 34 playoff games and won 25 of them, while winning 5 super Bowls to Carson Palmer who has played in 4 playoff games and won 1 of them can you?
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    You can't honestly compare Tom Brady who has played in 34 playoff games and won 25 of them, while winning 5 super Bowls to Carson Palmer who has played in 4 playoff games and won 1 of them can you?
    Oh yeah..they are practically twins.. ;)
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Especially when that pressure is coming up the middle.

Palmer can step up in the pocket if guys are approaching from the edge, but he has a very hard time escaping pressure up the middle.
    Iupati needs to sit. Play Boone. He's a much better pass blocker.

Carson has a couple 3 more games like this in a row it just might be time for Gabbert. Stanton isn't going to do anything. We loose another couple games and the offense keeps on like it was today were not going anywhere then. Give Gabbert a shot and at least you know what you have going into next year. He is younger and more athletic. He might be able to buy some time behind this O line with his legs.

I know that would never happen with BA, but it would be the best thing for the Cards. To at least see what you have or have not in Gabbert.

I mentioned one of the highest profiled players to illustrate my point. You totally took that in a different direction than I intended. Let me make things more simple. TB was bad Thursday. CP was bad Sunday. With more games they will do better.
    Last edited by Genken; 09-10-2017 at 10:17 PM.