Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Palmer game one.

It wasnt the Oline, he has plenty of time.

It was Carson. I dont like piling on a guy (unless its Stanton) but Carson is 90% responsible for this loss. BA is 10% for his AWFUL play calling. David up the middle for 0 yards again? OK *****.

I was screaming at my TV "throw it to David! Get it to David! Why is David not touching the ball every snap???". And youre surprised our offense died? GET THE BALL TO DAVID.

*notice in the 2nd half David touched the ball 3-4 times, and what do ya know, the offense started moving. I cant deal with BA
    Last edited by Zaz; 09-10-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

It was Carson. I dont like piling on a guy (unless its Stanton) but Carson is 90% responsible for this loss. BA is 10% for his AWFUL play calling. David up the middle for 0 yards again? OK *****.

I was screaming at my TV "throw it to David! Get it to David! Why is David not touching the ball every snap???". And youre surprised our offense died? GET THE BALL TO DAVID.

*notice in the 2nd half David touched the ball 3-4 times, and what do ya know, the offense started moving. I cant deal with BA
    Zaz, I agree with you on a lot of stuff & I do agree Carson was at big fault for this loss, but the OL was/is BAD, especially Iupati(who at this point is just really washed now) & Wetzel getting owned throughout the game. Not to mention, this was against a BAD pass-rushing team. No OL stood out today.
    Last edited by ClutchDJ; 09-10-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

Yea the loss was on our old crappy QB.

But he was trying to get the ball to DJ a lot in the first half. Both with passing and running. With all the weapons we have it needed to be spread out and EXECUTED. That was the issue. I wasn't overly impressed with DJ (who left late in the third quarter and may explain why he didn't get any touches).
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Who is Cason?

Another drunk posted thread.

JosEPh

Everything on the offense looked bad not just Palmer. Larry looks like he lost a step too. The o-line though... Real bad. Like stinky bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Who is Cason?

Another drunk posted thread.

JosEPh
    I just noticed that thanks joseph. I don't even drink. Maybe I should?
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by dreday70 View Post
    You should be banned for a month for that statement.
    I guess some don't want to hear the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckFan View Post
    I guess some don't want to hear the truth.
    No truth to that. Stanton is no way an answer to our QB problems.

Didn't get to watch the game was date day but I find it interesting that the board is targeting Bethel and Palmer . When profootball gave them good/decent scores for the day. They put most of the blame on the line

From PFT...BA seemed to put much of the loss on Palmer:

Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer had an ugly game on Sunday in Detroit, throwing three interceptions against a Lions defense that was the worst in the NFL last year. Palmer’s coach wasn’t pleased.

Arizona head coach Bruce Arians said after the game that Palmer’s play was “poor.”

“You can’t throw that many interceptions,” Arians said.

Palmer, however, said he’s confident he’ll play better next week.

“You’ve got to get past it,” Palmer said. “We will get past it. I will get past it. We’ve got another big road game playing in another environment similar to this next week. Sunday can’t come fast enough. We’ve got to get the work done, but at the same time, I can’t wait to get this taste out of my mouth and move past this.”

The 37-year-old Palmer took a step backward last season, and on Sunday he showed no signs of getting back on track."

I was traveling and missed the game, hope to watch my recorded version later, but my feeling is once we see Palmer has lost it we will have to quickly move on and develop other options. He's not a 31 year old who might have a bad year then get back on track. I'm a CP guy, and think he was a steal when we got him and the best option we've had these four years, but the clock is ticking. See if he can pull it together, despite a potential loss of his LT and stud RB, for 3 or 4 games. But by October we may have to make an uncomfortable decision.