Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anti Panic Thread

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Default The Anti Panic Thread

Yeah, I get it. There is a lot to boo about. I'm not gonna pretend there isn't. But let's at least discuss the pros and cons of the game.

Cons:

Hump got injured. This is a huge component of the game that people will miss. Not just because Hump was showing signs of success, but mainly because his replacement, Wetzel, was downright awful. His pass protection was sub Levi Brown bad. Numerous times the DE only had to give 1 move to get by him. FIX? If Hump doesn't return I would seriously consider moving Veldheer back over.

Carson played poorly. CP has never been the type to carry a team on his back. He also has a history riddled with panic when he feels the rush. He was ruffled before Wetzel came in, he was terrible afterwards. Our O was unwatchable mainly due to CP and Wetzel. (Also, Detroit's D was VERY good today).

Too many TO's. Detroit had far too many first possessions in Cardinal territory. You can blame CP, his targets, or his pass protection, but in the end it doesn't matter. DJ's injury might have contributed to his TO.

ST had a few blunders. 1. Gave up way too much pressure on the left side for the FG botch. 2. Inconceivably couldn't get a paw on a PERFECT onside kick.

Pros:

Well, the D played well until our O completely took their legs out. The starting position was often awful. And they were on the field FAR TOO long (-7 minutes).

Bethel, Bynes and Reddick made a showing. Our Dline absolutely blew up the Oline on run plays. PP was dominant. I also thought we got pressure, but Stafford just played well in the pocket. He refused to let us convert them into sacks.

They also didn't run on us. Their RBs went 21 for 52.

Our WRs were fine. It was pointless to panic over the position. WHEN CP got the ball to them they made plays.

We have a real punter.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

The problem is Palmer.

We can blame the O-Line...but that is the problem with having a QB that can't move. Stafford is no runner, but look how he moved in the pocket. He also didn't just give up and throw the ball to the other team when the rush was coming like Palmer did 3 times today.

Even when Palmer had time today, he looked terrible. I recall one nice throw to Ellington where he actually placed the ball well and gave his reciever room to run. Almost every other throw was poor. He missed open WR's, and he flat out panicked. His INT's were embarrassing.

The Rams are KILLING the Colts right now...so we have been flat out gifted a game in week 2 (assuming Luck doesn't play). If we don't look 100% different next week, and put on the kind of performance where starters are coming out in the 4th quarter because we are winning so easily...I will be worried.

Week #2 needs to look like a totally different team, or I am worried.

Yea, we may figure out a way to win 6 games, but that is just not good enough. Either turn it around and make a real run, or just admit the window is closed.

Good post Raze. It's on deaf ears. Apparently the idea the the early season is about making adjustments and getting things worked out won't happen with the Cardinals because BA is stubborn and runs a system that's based on the QB and OL playing horribly. I'm not sure if our OL can be fixed and our QB isn't breaking down in which case it may actually be time to panic. It will all reveal itself in a few weeks. Lots of things to fix and very little time to do it. To be continued...

This game was a chance to silence critics and wash out last season.

Clearly last season is carrying over and nothing has improved. Now we have that with injuries.

I mean we cant ignore David Johnson getting hurt.Hes our best player hands down.

They said xray was negative so there's that..still 2 fumbles??
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Yea, I love being positive about a very clear cut and dry bad team. This team would shine with Gabbert playing but I know everyone will hate on that. But Palmer is absolutely, absolutely plain bad. He could've walked away with 5 picks today. When an OLINE is average, it helps to have a quart back that can move around and make plays like Russell Wilson. Blaine Gabbert could do it for us. Thankfully my expectations were nothing this season. The only bummer is I want Larry to have a ring. But I looks like it'll never happen.
    In the league of the TRUE die hard Arizona Cardinals fans!

The absolute worst things to do right now are fire the HC and replace the starting QB.

Geez, today was Game 1.

There are 15 Games to go.

You're going to anti panic your way to a 6-10 record and miss out on all of the QBs in this next draft.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

Hopefully DJ is ok.

Colts are looking lost in their game. Hopefully we can get some momentum going next week.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    The absolute worst things to do right now are fire the HC and replace the starting QB.

Geez, today was Game 1.

There are 15 Games to go.
    Yes, and last year, when we started off badly, the same thing was said. I don't see us going 7-8-1 this year, but I think 7-9 is a real possibility.