Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: The Anti Panic Thread

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Yeah, I get it. There is a lot to boo about. I'm not gonna pretend there isn't. But let's at least discuss the pros and cons of the game.

    Cons:

    Hump got injured. This is a huge component of the game that people will miss. Not just because Hump was showing signs of success, but mainly because his replacement, Wetzel, was downright awful. His pass protection was sub Levi Brown bad. Numerous times the DE only had to give 1 move to get by him. FIX? If Hump doesn't return I would seriously consider moving Veldheer back over.

    Carson played poorly. CP has never been the type to carry a team on his back. He also has a history riddled with panic when he feels the rush. He was ruffled before Wetzel came in, he was terrible afterwards. Our O was unwatchable mainly due to CP and Wetzel. (Also, Detroit's D was VERY good today).

    Too many TO's. Detroit had far too many first possessions in Cardinal territory. You can blame CP, his targets, or his pass protection, but in the end it doesn't matter. DJ's injury might have contributed to his TO.

    ST had a few blunders. 1. Gave up way too much pressure on the left side for the FG botch. 2. Inconceivably couldn't get a paw on a PERFECT onside kick.

    Pros:

    Well, the D played well until our O completely took their legs out. The starting position was often awful. And they were on the field FAR TOO long (-7 minutes).

    Bethel, Bynes and Reddick made a showing. Our Dline absolutely blew up the Oline on run plays. PP was dominant. I also thought we got pressure, but Stafford just played well in the pocket. He refused to let us convert them into sacks.

    They also didn't run on us. Their RBs went 21 for 52.

    Our WRs were fine. It was pointless to panic over the position. WHEN CP got the ball to them they made plays.

    We have a real punter.
    Ok ... you only moved me a little off the ledge. I am watching the Seattle - Packer game and my big view over the whole NFL is it will be a miracle if even a dozen QB's play all 16 games as the OL play is just horrible. Bengals let 2 of their best OL go to other teams and they get shut out -- Cards lose their LT and Iupati appears to maybe have a more serious tricep injury then earlier thought as he had a rough day.

    My fears -- Honey Badger and John Brown look to be running at about 85% of their speed in 2015. HB was to take Tate and the latter WR got almost every 3rd down catch to keep drives going and many times had a least 2 stride separation. On a play in the 1st half which was a big catch in the middle of the field to Fitz, John Brown was running and barely kept up with Fitz and he also displayed a slight limp. These 2 guys are the keys to whether the Cards can achieve 2015 success and it didn't look good to me -- yes I know JB had a few catches but nothing deep because he is running at a 4.6 rather than a 4.3. If JB can't stretch the defense then the BA offense is hampered since we have no screen game to loosen up the defense.

    The key to game in 2nd half which changed the "control" the Cards had were JJ Nelson's drop of a TD pass -- the "doink" FG attempt from extra point distance - DJ's 2nd fumble. The other key play was on 3rd down and apparently surrounded Stafford escaped and dove for 1st down - these plays changed momentum.

    Our interior DL pass rush wasn't disruptive as it missed Nkemdiche ... of course it stings that Calais Campbell's stats today were 4 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 4 QB hits, 2 TFL in just the first half according to Jurecki's twitter account.

    P.S. Of course the referees would get a grade of a C or C -

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestCard View Post
    Hopefully DJ is ok.

    Colts are looking lost in their game. Hopefully we can get some momentum going next week.
    The same way they used Tampa bay to get momentum last year.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McCollum,Travis View Post
    The same way they used Tampa bay to get momentum last year.
    LOL, yep. I remember walking out of the stadium thinking all was well and then..... Buffalo.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,468

    Default

    Can we hire a head coach that can get this team ready to play on the east coast?

    Holy hell I'm tired of having this built in excuse of "well it was an early game on the west coast!"
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    CHANDLER
    Posts
    7,528

    Default

    If David Johnson is hurt for more than 2 weeks do we resign Chris Johnson?...trade for Matt Forte?

    I like Williams as the starter and Ellington being 3rd or 2nd depending what we do..
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZOna_Style View Post
    If David Johnson is hurt for more than 2 weeks do we resign Chris Johnson?...trade for Matt Forte?

    I like Williams as the starter and Ellington being 3rd or 2nd depending what we do..
    I would be okay with bringing back CJ2k(although it will now cost you more money).

    I don't want to trade for a RB unless they will give him to us for a 6th or 7th round pick. This team looks like it will struggle to win 7-10 games WITH David Johnson.

    I wouldn't want to trade anything of value for a RB so we can go 5-11 instead of 4-12.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    CHANDLER
    Posts
    7,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    I would be okay with bringing back CJ2k(although it will now cost you more money).

    I don't want to trade for a RB unless they will give him to us for a 6th or 7th round pick. This team looks like it will struggle to win 7-10 games WITH David Johnson.

    I wouldn't want to trade anything of value for a RB so we can go 5-11 instead of 4-12.
    Yeah I hear ya..i could seeing Jets give Forte up for a 5 or a 6..not sure what he's getting paid tho.

    CJ2K is basically a must resign now imo
    Last edited by ZOna_Style; 09-10-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34

    Default

    No it's legit panic time Oline and Palmer are awful, receivers can't get separation

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Today you saw every single legitimate question about this team put on display in live HD. Let's review the results:


    OL--really really bad. If a good OL has a bad game, you don't panic. If a suspect OL has a bad game on top of a bad preseason on top of a bad last year, you admit the obvious. Add a bad OL to a statuesque QB and you get what you saw today. And no, Detroit's D isn't that good.

    QB--It pains me to type this one. I'm still inclined to believe CP3 has plenty left. But, today was...well, it was what a lot of MB members have been talking about. A QB in noticeable decline. I'll hold full judgement on this pending more data.

    Secondary--HB still isn't HB and he may never be again. Until he is, he ain't. And Bethel is what he is. An average DB who is going to get continually targeted because of who is on the other side.

    WR--Jaron Brown (who, behind CP3, is my favorite player for some reason) disappears for too many plays. That 900 yard season Floyd had in 2015 is not even remotely possible for Jaron at this point. And Floyd was the third option. Smoke still isn't smoke and he may never be again. Until he is, he ain't. On the big play Fitz had, Smoke was running in a parallel line with him going across the field and Fitz ran away from him. That's not good.

    ST--Ok, it's one miss and Dawson will likely be fine, but that was a 6 point swing and really changed the tone of the game, IMO.

    DL--Nkimdiche is approaching bust status. All the potential in the world means NADA if you never play either because of immaturity or injury. TBD.

    LB's--Reddick is blazing fast. He didn't get washed out of plays and if he can continue to do that, they have something in #43. (On a side note, Foster looked like a beast for about 8 plays before breaking his leg---I'm guessing on the diagnosis. I'm ok that they didn't draft him, but he looked full legit before the injury.)

    RB--Question here was how would DJ handle being the center piece and what do they have behind him. Well, DJ fumbled twice and you can't ignore that. I also think he ran the wrong route on the first INT, but that's a guess. He also made a couple of DJ plays and would have almost certainly approached last year's 130 yard/game yards total had he not left the game. He's going to be fine after the wrist heals. We're going to get a chance to see the rest of the group perform with more of a responsibility now, unfortunately.


    I've revised my 8-8 to 6-10.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    6,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Today you saw every single legitimate question about this team put on display in live HD. Let's review the results:


    OL--really really bad. If a good OL has a bad game, you don't panic. If a suspect OL has a bad game on top of a bad preseason on top of a bad last year, you admit the obvious. Add a bad OL to a statuesque QB and you get what you saw today. And no, Detroit's D isn't that good.

    QB--It pains me to type this one. I'm still inclined to believe CP3 has plenty left. But, today was...well, it was what a lot of MB members have been talking about. A QB in noticeable decline. I'll hold full judgement on this pending more data.

    Secondary--HB still isn't HB and he may never be again. Until he is, he ain't. And Bethel is what he is. An average DB who is going to get continually targeted because of who is on the other side.

    WR--Jaron Brown (who, behind CP3, is my favorite player for some reason) disappears for too many plays. That 900 yard season Floyd had in 2015 is not even remotely possible for Jaron at this point. And Floyd was the third option. Smoke still isn't smoke and he may never be again. Until he is, he ain't. On the big play Fitz had, Smoke was running in a parallel line with him going across the field and Fitz ran away from him. That's not good.

    ST--Ok, it's one miss and Dawson will likely be fine, but that was a 6 point swing and really changed the tone of the game, IMO.

    DL--Nkimdiche is approaching bust status. All the potential in the world means NADA if you never play either because of immaturity or injury. TBD.

    LB's--Reddick is blazing fast. He didn't get washed out of plays and if he can continue to do that, they have something in #43. (On a side note, Foster looked like a beast for about 8 plays before breaking his leg---I'm guessing on the diagnosis. I'm ok that they didn't draft him, but he looked full legit before the injury.)

    RB--Question here was how would DJ handle being the center piece and what do they have behind him. Well, DJ fumbled twice and you can't ignore that. I also think he ran the wrong route on the first INT, but that's a guess. He also made a couple of DJ plays and would have almost certainly approached last year's 130 yard/game yards total had he not left the game. He's going to be fine after the wrist heals. We're going to get a chance to see the rest of the group perform with more of a responsibility now, unfortunately.


    I've revised my 8-8 to 6-10.
    I think he did to,but we`ll keep that between us...seeings how we`re guessing
    The Big A era begins

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •