Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Anti Panic Thread

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

A bunch of QBs looked poor in Week 1.

A bunch of Olines looked poor in Week 1.

In our division:

Seattle's Oline was absolutely awful. They're 0-1.

SF is worse than I thought. They're 0-1.

Rams look good against a BAD Colts team. 1-0.

Good news: we are one back from the Rams for first place.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post

In our division:

You`re good..lol...its working too
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post

In our division:

Well, the seagulls played Greenbay.
    We are not Green bay.
    The Rams beat the Colts. Ive heard the Colts stink on ice, so it will be interesting to see how well we fair against them.
    So, basically we know seattle is good and lost against a better opponent.
    We will have to wait to see if the Rams are any good.
    San Fran apparently stinks on ice.
    We apparently stink on ice.
    Cards 0-1
    Bad news, the seagulls and San Fran are 1 back from the Rams for first place also.

next week, all will be 1-1, except for Niners

I've watched every single second the past three years of cardinals football.

What i personally notice is two years ago, our system was destroying teams on offense.
    Obviously you do good teams scout you good and 2016 didn't have the same success.

First game this year teams still scouting us the same take away deep ball.
    But what I did notice even in last years bad season and this week is when we run 2 minute offense we move the ball like it's 2015. I think we should start to be alittle bit more uptempo change how teams
    Scout us

Quote Originally Posted by Peterson21 View Post
    I've watched every single second the past three years of cardinals football.

What i personally notice is two years ago, our system was destroying teams on offense.
    Obviously you do good teams scout you good and 2016 didn't have the same success.

First game this year teams still scouting us the same take away deep ball.
    But what I did notice even in last years bad season and this week is when we run 2 minute offense we move the ball like it's 2015. I think we should start to be alittle bit more uptempo change how teams
    Scout us

I think Arians is a little unsure of himself. Having a year like last year can do that to a coach.

Don't get me wrong, I think he goes overboard with his no risk it no biscuit(check the play calling in the last 2 mins of the first half of that Bears game 2 years ago) but he seems almost scared to go for it now.

There was a play early on in the game, I think the Cardinals were up 7-0 and we had just gotten the ball back at the middle of the field. I was really hoping that Arians was going to chuck it down field on first down and go for the throat of the Lions defense. Instead on 1st down I think he ran the ball for 1 yard loss. To me, old Bruce Arians would've tried to theoretically end the game there by trying to go up 14-0.

It's almost as if Arians suspected that

A) The line won't hold up long enough for Palmer to throw it
    or
    B) He thinks Palmer no longer has the ability to make those throws.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

Man, this game really hurt. I had such high hopes and we looked like garbage even in the first half when we were winning.... I watched the game, went to work, blocked it out and here I am... hopefully next Sunday I can get this taste out of my mouth. I think part of it is that our most important players were rusty due to lack of PS snaps (CP and DJ), but now we have possible significant injuries... Both DJ's... I'm pretty bummed right now but I know we are better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    I think Arians is a little unsure of himself. Having a year like last year can do that to a coach.

Don't get me wrong, I think he goes overboard with his no risk it no biscuit(check the play calling in the last 2 mins of the first half of that Bears game 2 years ago) but he seems almost scared to go for it now.

There was a play early on in the game, I think the Cardinals were up 7-0 and we had just gotten the ball back at the middle of the field. I was really hoping that Arians was going to chuck it down field on first down and go for the throat of the Lions defense. Instead on 1st down I think he ran the ball for 1 yard loss. To me, old Bruce Arians would've tried to theoretically end the game there by trying to go up 14-0.

It's almost as if Arians suspected that

A) The line won't hold up long enough for Palmer to throw it
    or
    B) He thinks Palmer no longer has the ability to make those throws.
    I agree... I think going for a couple shots would be better than a 2 yd gain. Everyone's eyes are on DJ right now.

The only main positive is Seattle and 49ers also lost (Rams won). So its not like we lost ground in the NFCW.

Record doesnt matter. Just win the division. Just win the division. Our record can be 6-10, but as long as it wins the division thats all that matters.

Well, I guess I feel about like Patriot fans only worse. They know that things will turn around there, or are at least 90% sure. I feel kinda blindsided by our O, wasn't expecting that.

We got a hurt LT and a hurt RB out of it and I'm still wondering why Veldheer wasn't slid over to LT. Be interesting to see if he's at LT next week if DJ is out for a few weeks. There must be something to that picture that I'm not aware of because it just seems like a no-brainer to slide Veldheer over there in that situation.

The Pats know that Brady will likely be in a groove next week. I can't say that about Palmer. He was hot garbage for the duration. We all saw it. Gawd I hope he straightens himself out next week.

You know what else? BA's been here for 4 solid years now and these teams are way up on his "no risk it, no biscuit" schemes. I'm starting to think that whole gambit has about played its course.

Fitz not catching that TD pass kinda made me raise an eyebrow too. Was the entire energy level just way off on O or WHAT?

You know what our O looked like? Like a bunch of guys that been on vacation for months and just all showed up for the first day of work. Yeah, they did that OTA's, and preseason stuff and meetings and today it was time to really go to WORK.
    But some guys just couldn't get all the way in that mode. Last year it was about Palmer wearing his arm out too fast, and now it'll be about rust.
    The question of Daryl Washington.