Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: David Johnson

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macomb, Il. 61455
    Posts
    3,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Quin hit DJ's shoulder pad area with the side of his helmet. Watched several times to try to see what you're referencing Joseph, but I don't really see it that way.

    http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...b-a3a4cc05ac50
    I took another look from the Main sites video and Quin does pull his head up at the last second and hits David's hands with his tucked shoulder using his shoulder pads as the point of contact. Shoulder pads aren't too flexible and can make for a solid point of impact. Hard hit at a critical spot. David's wrist could not flex enough to avoid the jolt. Ever been hit with a piece of wood across the wrists? Similar consequences. Good play for Quin, bad result for David.

    @Biggs,

    As to the pass should've never been thrown, if CP had Not thrown it he would have been castigated by most of this board for not hitting a "wide open " David near the endzone. So I can't agree with your assessment of the throw.

    JosEPh

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I took another look from the Main sites video and Quin does pull his head up at the last second and hits David's hands with his tucked shoulder using his shoulder pads as the point of contact. Shoulder pads aren't too flexible and can make for a solid point of impact. Hard hit at a critical spot. David's wrist could not flex enough to avoid the jolt. Ever been hit with a piece of wood across the wrists? Similar consequences. Good play for Quin, bad result for David.

    @Biggs,

    As to the pass should've never been thrown, if CP had Not thrown it he would have been castigated by most of this board for not hitting a "wide open " David near the endzone. So I can't agree with your assessment of the throw.

    JosEPh
    It looked to me that the play he got hurt on he was doubled short and they had over the top help. He threw it over the double and into the help. He wasn't wide open at all. He had to lay out into a defender.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    It looked to me that the play he got hurt on he was doubled short and they had over the top help. He threw it over the double and into the help. He wasn't wide open at all. He had to lay out into a defender.
    Palmer playing scared looking for a savior

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,479

    Default

    This is probably the makeup injury he was suppose to have last season. Remember the last game of the year last season? I thought his knee was a goner. After it turned out to be nothing too serious I thought this man was made of steel.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigAngelG View Post
    Palmer playing scared looking for a savior
    I don't think he was seeing the field and he looked like he wasn't ready for game speed. He made the only throw he could to DJ to avoid an INT. Unfortunately it took DJ laying out into a defender to make the catch. The problem is there had to be other guys open and Palmer should have known it pre-snap. He didn't see it. Getting into his head that he was looking for a savior is a one of those State of mind comments that's seems a little nuts. I think he just looks slow and wasn't up to competing at the level needed. It could be he's in decline, it could be Detroit was showing him something he wasn't prepared for or ever saw before? I think he just looked like a guy not ready for game speed. It looked to me like Fitz had some of the same issues. It could be a sign of serious decline. It could be rust, it could be they just weren't ready to play?

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I don't think he was seeing the field and he looked like he wasn't ready for game speed. He made the only throw he could to DJ to avoid an INT. Unfortunately it took DJ laying out into a defender to make the catch. The problem is there had to be other guys open and Palmer should have known it pre-snap. He didn't see it. Getting into his head that he was looking for a savior is a one of those State of mind comments that's seems a little nuts. I think he just looks slow and wasn't up to competing at the level needed. It could be he's in decline, it could be Detroit was showing him something he wasn't prepared for or ever saw before? I think he just looked like a guy not ready for game speed. It looked to me like Fitz had some of the same issues. It could be a sign of serious decline. It could be rust, it could be they just weren't ready to play?
    Um. Cmon Biggs you're better than this.

    Palmer had a horrible game. No doubt.

    But on that play, he had a guy shoot through the A-gap untouched and was in his face immediately, yet he sidestepped the pressure and threw a dime to DJ, hitting him on stride within a typically tight NFL window.

    That was Palmer's best play/throw of the game. Johnson was hurt when Quin's helmet smashed his wrist on the tackle. It was just one of those things.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Um. Cmon Biggs you're better than this.

    Palmer had a horrible game. No doubt.

    But on that play, he had a guy shoot through the A-gap untouched and was in his face immediately, yet he sidestepped the pressure and threw a dime to DJ, hitting him on stride within a typically tight NFL window.

    That was Palmer's best play/throw of the game. Johnson was hurt when Quin's helmet smashed his wrist on the tackle. It was just one of those things.
    Injuries are always freak plays. I don't know. I get attacked for saying what I think of Shipley.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Injuries are always freak plays. I don't know. I get attacked for saying what I think of Shipley.
    Yeah that's out there a bit, too. I think maybe you were scarred by the Buffalo game?

    Kyle Williams owned the entire interior of the AZ OL that day.

    But overall, Shipley was actually the most consistent Offensive Linemen in 2016 for the Cardinals. He wasn't great. But he wasn't bad. Of course, with so many guys missing so many games, just playing all 16 gave him a leg up.

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Yeah that's out there a bit, too. I think maybe you were scarred by the Buffalo game?

    Kyle Williams owned the entire interior of the AZ OL that day.

    But overall, Shipley was actually the most consistent Offensive Linemen in 2016 for the Cardinals. He wasn't great. But he wasn't bad. Of course, with so many guys missing so many games, just playing all 16 gave him a leg up.
    My theory on Shipley is he's a total liability. He got better when we couldn't protect the edge after Valdehr went down. Teams attack the weakest link. The Buffalo game was a disaster. That was a no show across the board, O, D and specials. It didn't surprise me when we had our 2 tackles on the field Detroit went right after the middle of the line. I never thought he was stout at the point of attack. When you have a QB who needs to step up in the pocket...You get the drift.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •