Thread: Positives from SK

Default Positives from SK

On 98.7 -- he cited Reddick - Rudy Ford ("he is 10 yds ahead of everyone on kickoff/punts") - Budda Baker as young guys who played well. Said on the long pass to Galladay that Golden was to loop around and would have had an easy sack but didn't do it allowing Stafford to roll out and have 4 seconds to then find Galladay down the field. He did say Wetzel obviously struggled (dah) but that Humphries did walk out of the stadium on his own. Additional comments were that Chandler Jones "should have had 4 sacks" so he needs to finish and on a critical 3rd down play Bethel allowed the first down that eventually led to an important TD for the Lions.

Both DJ's will be evaluated this morning and I am assuming BA around noon will give the update at that time after the doctors' evaluations this morning.

P.S. I wish someone would ask the extent of the Iupati tricep injury because if he's playing with one arm and if DJ misses any time this will be a HUGE concern. They have the electronic monitors on the players and I'd also like to know how quick/fast were the measurements on John Brown and Honey Badger because I believe the latter 2 are running at about 80-85% of their speed in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    On 98.7 -- he cited Reddick - Rudy Ford ("he is 10 yds ahead of everyone on kickoff/punts") - Budda Baker as young guys who played well. Said on the long pass to Galladay that Golden was to loop around and would have had an easy sack but didn't do it allowing Stafford to roll out and have 4 seconds to then find Galladay down the field. He did say Wetzel obviously struggled (dah) but that Humphries did walk out of the stadium on his own. Additional comments were that Chandler Jones "should have had 4 sacks" so he needs to finish and on a critical 3rd down play Bethel allowed the first down that eventually led to an important TD for the Lions.

Both DJ's will be evaluated this morning and I am assuming BA around noon will give the update at that time after the doctors' evaluations this morning.

P.S. I wish someone would ask the extent of the Iupati tricep injury because if he's playing with one arm and if DJ misses any time this will be a HUGE concern. They have the electronic monitors on the players and I'd also like to know how quick/fast were the measurements on John Brown and Honey Badger because I believe the latter 2 are running at about 80-85% of their speed in 2015.
    Wolfley just remarked on the "Doug and Wolf" show that the Iupati tricep-elbow might warrant Alex Boone might be in that position soon.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 09-11-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Interesting thoughts as I didnt notice Baker once. I thought I heard he may have been "in" on a tackle on special teams, but I never noticed him.

Ford and Penny were great on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post

All of this is good information. The thing is, the O line and Palmer looked like hammered ******* on Sunday and there are questions about THAT that people would like answers to. You know...BA and Goodwin's primary responsibilities, AND Steve Keims'?

Iupati is one piece of that question. Hump is another. I have asked why Veldheer wasn't put over at LT (as have others). I've got to watch the game again, but I don't remember Palmer having many opportunities to be able to step forward into a pocket. The biggest thing I remember about Palmer from the game was he was constantly with the million MPH happy feet. He looked like he just realized he had been standing for several minutes in a massive red ant den.
    Over and over again and again. It put similar gyrations from Peyton Manning to shame.

I was going to write a longwinded post about what's happened since the Whiz days, but it shouldn't be necessary. We have rolled a lot of O line guys in and out of here and have yet to have an O line that has been able to stay together long enough to ever really build the kind of chemistry we saw in 2008/09. THOSE guys were able to give Kurt Warner enough time to operate.

Now? We have a statue in Carson Palmer, and an Oline that lacks cohesiveness. Warner was no mobile QB, but he WAS decisive and had a very fast release.

This O line with Veldheer moved out of position to RT, an unproven Hump at LT (now injured with a questionable decision of putting somebody else there instead of Veldheer), Shipley at C, an often injured Iupati at LG and a basic rookie at RG is something that would need time to build chemistry in itself. Now? We already need to reshuffle.

How on earth is Palmer supposed to be able to stop killing all those red ants?

I think Goodwin is under the microscope and BA as well. The combination of CP + no O line chemistry = bad times ahead.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

I completely agree about Reddick, had a nice ballgame. Future is bright for that kid and with all the wanking about not getting Foster (who is injured, as usual) his week one performance is showing what the FO saw in him.

Default Sign Jonathan Williams........

excellent acceleration thru the hole....Not sure why Buffalo cut him, but he was the #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    I completely agree about Reddick, had a nice ballgame. Future is bright for that kid and with all the wanking about not getting Foster (who is injured, as usual) his week one performance is showing what the FO saw in him.
    Foster, if he can stay on the field, will be a monster. Monster. That was obvious in the 10 plays I saw yesterday before his injury.

But, I completely understand why they avoided him and I'm ok with it.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

A Q Shipley is a bowling ball not effective Iupati is injured Veldeer doesn't have his heart in it Boehm is undersized and Wetzel should be a bouncer

What's to like?
    Last edited by TNCardsFan; 09-11-2017 at 06:39 PM.