Thread: Visiting Fan, looking for some tips...

Default Visiting Fan, looking for some tips...

Full disclosure: I'm not a Cardinals fan.

I'm a Chiefs fan from Kansas City, but will be in Scottsdale for a convention the weekend of the Cards-49ers game and was thinking I'd like to take in the game... check out the stadium, take in the game day atmosphere. I'm also a huge Mizzou fan, so I thought I'd watch a couple of my former Missouri Tigers, Boehm and Golden, take the field for you guys. Looking for some pro-tips from you local fans...

1. What's the best bang-for-your-buck in terms of tickets? I'm not looking to break the bank on tickets, but I don't want to sit in the top 2 rows of the stadium either. What tickets should I be considering (good sight lines, adequate amenities around, etc)?

2. Any tips for getting to/from the game? I am staying in Scottsdale and will have a rental car. But are there public transportation options? If not, how much time do I need to leave myself to get to the game, park, etc?

3. Any other little tips to experience the best that the Cards have to offer would be greatly appreciated

See below.

Quote Originally Posted by kcguy View Post
    Full disclosure: I'm not a Cardinals fan.

I'm a Chiefs fan from Kansas City, but will be in Scottsdale for a convention the weekend of the Cards-49ers game and was thinking I'd like to take in the game... check out the stadium, take in the game day atmosphere. I'm also a huge Mizzou fan, so I thought I'd watch a couple of my former Missouri Tigers, Boehm and Golden, take the field for you guys. Looking for some pro-tips from you local fans...

1. What's the best bang-for-your-buck in terms of tickets? I'm not looking to break the bank on tickets, but I don't want to sit in the top 2 rows of the stadium either. What tickets should I be considering (good sight lines, adequate amenities around, etc)?

I recommend seats in the Ring of Honor, small sections (2-5 rows) in between the lower bowl/suites and the upper deck. The confusing part if you're not familiar is that in areas where there's an upper deck the section numbers are the same so you have to look for "ROH" or something like that to make sure you're looking at tickets in the Ring of Honor.

2. Any tips for getting to/from the game? I am staying in Scottsdale and will have a rental car. But are there public transportation options? If not, how much time do I need to leave myself to get to the game, park, etc?

No public transportation options, everybody drives here or takes Uber. The game is at 1:05, depending on what you're doing for pre-game festivities, I'd say leave Scottsdale no later than 11:30 to make it to the game on time. Traffic will get worse closer to game time obviously. I tailgate and have a few beers with my friends so I usually arrive at the parking lot by 11AM. As for parking, all of the lots adjacent to the stadium are controlled by parking pass, different letters/colors depending on location. They come "complimentary" with season tickets but you can buy one online (Craigslist, Stub Hub, whatever) and I recommend you do that. I have no knowledge of other game day parking options for non-pass holders.

3. Any other little tips to experience the best that the Cards have to offer would be greatly appreciated

Following up on 2. above, lots of tailgaters in the parking lots, there's a bunch of bars/restaurants in the Westgate area just north of the stadium. Since I've been tailgating forever I don't know how crowded they are, etc.