Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 QB class

Default 2018 QB class

It's a little early to be discussing next year's draft class, but with lots of people opining on our need to tank, I thought I'd start a thread I'll update every few weeks.

Through the first two weeks of the season, the five best projected QBs have looked as follows. (rank is determined by how they've played in 2017)

1. Mason Rudolph - yes, he's looked better than Darnold.
    2. Lamar Jackson - I'm not much of a fan, but he's actually staying in the pocket instead of taking off after his first read. (massive improvement) Watch last week's North Carolina game.
    3. Sam Darnold - he hasn't been bad, but he's been inconsistent so far. He had some nice touch passes against Stanford but looked awful against Central Michigan. At least in the 1st half.
    4. Rosen - His stats are misleading. A&M had several pics slip through their DB's hands. I commend him for not giving up. But lady luck has been on his side.
    4. Josh Allen - looked terrible against Iowa in week 1. He needs another year in school.

For the record, I still prefer Darnold first, and Rudolph second. The Big 12 is awful so Rudolph is going to put up insane numbers again.

You mean you're actually looking to the future?

Blasphemy! Ban him!
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

Always been on the Darnold/Rosen wagon. The people that are calling to tank are hilarious though, especially ones that call out Keim. Steve Keim gets murdered on here for his drafting repeatedly. Hassan Reddick was called a bust after his 1st preseason game and hell just a week ago people were calling for him and scouts fired for Dorian Johnson getting cut now all of a sudden people are trusting those same scouts and Keim with top 5-10 picks in probably the most important draft in his regime the following year

Give me Lamar or Rosen before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    Give me Lamar or Rosen before anyone else.
    I don't see Lamar Jackson ever being an NFL QB. Seems like a (more electric) Denard Robinson clone to me.

1A. Sam Darnold - "It factor". He doesnt have ice in his veins he has liquid iron. Big fan.

1B. Mason Rudolph - Statistically a monster. Doesnt necessarily mean hes going to be a franchise QB, but it might.

2. Rosen - Has looked phenominal thus far

3. Allen - Not a fan but hes the 4th option. Statistically hes bleh. I dont care about how big and strong he is.

Not an option - Lamar Jackson. Hes not a QB, hes a RB who takes direct snaps IE pat-cat. Thats not a pro QB. Id happily take him 4th round as a WR/RB convert.
    Last edited by Zaz; 09-11-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Hold on, I was told Darnold was going to be the best QB ever prior to the college season.............

This list that is up now will also change prior to the end of the season.

Lets just wait and see how this season and the college one plays out.

There has already been talk of some of these guys staying put and not coming out in the draft.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Posted this in the off season

Not sure if this is the right section, but after looking ahead to the college season, I'm a bit over excited by the guys playing Quarterback this year.

Has there ever been a more exciting group of QBs going into a college football season?

This year we will be watching (in no particular order)
    Lamar Jackson - Louisville
    Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State
    Josh Allen - Wyoming
    Josh Rosen - UCLA
    Sam Darnold - USC
    JT Barrett - Ohio State
    Wilton Speight - Michigan
    Luke Falk - Washington State
    Jake Browning - Washington
    Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma
    Kenny Hill - TCU
    Malik Zaire - Notre Dame
    Quinton Flowers - South Florida
    Trace McSorley - Penn State

Someone else will do a Mitch Trubisky and rise 'from nowhere' to be included in this group of seriously talented prospects. I've been told the guy at Auburn is one to consider too.

Update

Watched the first two Penn State games. Revising my opinion on McSorely a little.
    Just seen highlights of Allen. Very exciting prospect
    Rosen is looking more like he did in 15.

So much talent.
    Last edited by Northern Soul; 09-11-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    Twickers bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Posted this in the off season

Not sure if this is the right section, but after looking ahead to the college season, I'm a bit over excited by the guys playing Quarterback this year.

Has there ever been a more exciting group of QBs going into a college football season?

This year we will be watching (in no particular order)
    Lamar Jackson - Louisville
    Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State
    Josh Allen - Wyoming
    Josh Rosen - UCLA
    Sam Darnold - USC
    JT Barrett - Ohio State
    Wilton Speight - Michigan
    Luke Falk - Washington State
    Jake Browning - Washington
    Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma
    Kenny Hill - TCU
    Malik Zaire - Notre Dame
    Quinton Flowers - South Florida
    Trace McSorley - Penn State

Someone else will do a Mitch Trubisky and rise 'from nowhere' to be included in this group of seriously talented prospects. I've been told the guy at Auburn is one to consider too.

Update

Watched the first two Penn State games. Revising my opinion on McSorely a little.
    Just seen highlights of Allen. Very exciting prospect
    Rosen is looking more like he did in 15.

So much talent.
    Speicht looked terrible in two games and will be benched if he doesn't turn it around. He was benched in game one before he returned in the second half. And he sucked last week. Josh Allen has not looked good this year. Mayfield has looked the most impressive this year, aside from Rudolph and Jackson. But he's not a pro-QB. Rosen, as I mentioned when i opened the thread, is playing extrememly lucky. He had two picks go right through A&M defenders' hands.

I get the Darnold, Rosen, Rudolf, Allen, hype. Unless we absolutely have a terrible year and are drafting in the top 10 we don't have a shot any any of those. I think Allen needs another year after this one. The sleeper in the bunch is Faulk. That's the one I think we have a more realistic shot at in this draft. Seen the kid play. He can make all the throws. Only think with him is another stationary QB. He isn't going to break from the pocket and pick up 8 to 20 yards scrambling. He is the one I would seriously consider. Him or Browning from U of Washington.