Page 117 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2675

Thread: 2018 QB Class

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Id be down for drafting 2 QBs.

However your 2nd QB has to be a 4th+. We need those 2-3rd rounders (whatever remaining, if any, in the case we traded up) to fill big holes. OG, multiple WRs, C, TE, CB, DT.

If you can get Baker round 1 and Woodside or Rudolph round 4, thatd be pretty good.
    Completely agree.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Does anyone else think Brees could end up being a Bronco? IMO, it's unlikely. But if it happens, one less team above us is going to draft a first round QB.

Quote Originally Posted by rwatson1 View Post
    Does anyone else think Brees could end up being a Bronco? IMO, it's unlikely. But if it happens, one less team above us is going to draft a first round QB.
    I think he will stay a Saint. Their last 2 drafts have been home runs. Their D is helping Brees, so he doesn't always have to score 25 points. The curve in New Orleans is definitely on the up. They will have the 2016 and 2017 rookie class' on very manageable contracts.

Why go to a franchise that looks to be heading in a downward trajectory, like Denver? Their best players are getting old, and are able to stay on the field less as a result.

Saints draft hits
    Michael Thomas, - A very exciting prospect at WR. Could be one of the best.
    Rankins - very solid starter on their D line.
    Vonn Bell, I was surprised he didn't get the DROY in 2017.

Marshon Lattimore - In the running for this years DROY
    Alvin Kamara - In the running for OROY
    Ryam Ramczyk - Been an excellent starter on their O line
    Marcus Williams - Until his shocking missed tackle Sunday night, has been an excellent player for the Saints D.

I think Brees looks at this and decides to stay.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Default GM's vote for Mayfield or Josh Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Completely agree.
    NFL.com interviewed 5 GM's for their choice between Mayfield - J. Allen : http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-or-josh-allen

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    NFL.com interviewed 5 GM's for their choice between Mayfield - J. Allen : http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-or-josh-allen

Mayfield is the easy choice if you need a QB for now. Allen is a lottery ticket that you hope turns into a winning jackpot 2 years later.

All I`m hearing on the News tonight is Brock Purdy!! Brock Purdy!! ..Hire him by God...we will be the 1st Big league team to hire a High schooler ,,,cutting edge..
    The Wilks era begin

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Thanks for the post. It's kind of refreshing in lieu of the litany of new and old posters on the forum that are spewing venom. I feel like I was having a nice quiet picnic and a circus broke out around me.

Wouldn't you love to sit next to an NFL director of scouting while he's evaluating film on Josh Allen. I'm absolutely curious why they think he'll be successful. There just aren't a lot of inaccurate QBs who have been. He's gotta represent a less than 1% success rate.

I also wonder how many QBs drafted in the first round have had worse statistics than he boasts. He has to be the single worst in the last 30 years. Maybe Rex Grossman is worse... maybe.

Also, they keep bringing up his poor talent around him. I wonder if Carson Wentz had it worse.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Thanks for the post. It's kind of refreshing in lieu of the litany of new and old posters on the forum that are spewing venom. I feel like I was having a nice quiet picnic and a circus broke out around me.

Wouldn't you love to sit next to an NFL director of scouting while he's evaluating film on Josh Allen. I'm absolutely curious why they think he'll be successful. There just aren't a lot of inaccurate QBs who have been. He's gotta represent a less than 1% success rate.

I also wonder how many QBs drafted in the first round have had worse statistics than he boasts. He has to be the single worst in the last 30 years. Maybe Rex Grossman is worse... maybe.

Also, they keep bringing up his poor talent around him. I wonder if Carson Wentz had it worse.
    Scouts want Allen to be a franchise QB because he looks like a franchise QB. Like a movie star. Big, tall, strong, handsome, corn fed white boy you see on every Wheaties box. He'd be worth $1 billion dollars because he's marketable on look alone.

the perfect comparison for Allen is Christian Hackenberg ( also very similar college stats). For 3 years I had to listen to scouts makes excuse after excuse for him because they desperately wanted him to be the Movie Star face of an NFL franchise . Now in the NFL, hes garbage, as he's always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Scouts want Allen to be a franchise QB because he looks like a franchise QB. Like a movie star. Big, tall, strong, handsome, corn fed white boy you see on every Wheaties box. He'd be worth $1 billion dollars because he's marketable on look alone.

the perfect comparison for Allen is Christian Hackenberg ( also very similar college stats). For 3 years I had to listen to scouts makes excuse after excuse for him because they desperately wanted him to be the Movie Star face of an NFL franchise . Now in the NFL, hes garbage, as he's always been.
    Very well said. Every year you see these guys go high. Then everyone bashes guys like Russel Wilson and Prescott and Watson. Sad to say the I think Keim and BA passed on these guys because they are just so in love with the physical tools.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Card View Post
    Very well said. Every year you see these guys go high. Then everyone bashes guys like Russel Wilson and Prescott and Watson. Sad to say the I think Keim and BA passed on these guys because they are just so in love with the physical tools.
    It was never clearer than back when Kaepernick first started for San Fran, and he was lighting opponents up and being put on the cover of sports illustrated.

I remember the radio talking about "Should QBs have tattoos?"