Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 QB class

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestCard View Post
    I don't see Lamar Jackson ever being an NFL QB. Seems like a (more electric) Denard Robinson clone to me.
    If he can play in the pocket then have that threat of the running Why wouldn't he be NFL material ? The kid has a live arm and doing well from the pocket this year I am still a Darnold and Rosen guy with a few others out there that I am interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    I get the Darnold, Rosen, Rudolf, Allen, hype. Unless we absolutely have a terrible year and are drafting in the top 10 we don't have a shot any any of those. I think Allen needs another year after this one. The sleeper in the bunch is Faulk. That's the one I think we have a more realistic shot at in this draft. Seen the kid play. He can make all the throws. Only think with him is another stationary QB. He isn't going to break from the pocket and pick up 8 to 20 yards scrambling. He is the one I would seriously consider. Him or Browning from U of Washington.
    Sure you do if you are willing to bite the bullet and find that trade partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    I get the Darnold, Rosen, Rudolf, Allen, hype. Unless we absolutely have a terrible year and are drafting in the top 10 we don't have a shot any any of those. I think Allen needs another year after this one. The sleeper in the bunch is Faulk. That's the one I think we have a more realistic shot at in this draft. Seen the kid play. He can make all the throws. Only think with him is another stationary QB. He isn't going to break from the pocket and pick up 8 to 20 yards scrambling. He is the one I would seriously consider. Him or Browning from U of Washington.
    Browning was fantastic last year. I could be wrong, but think he isn't eligible until 2019?
    Twickers bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    If he can play in the pocket then have that threat of the running Why wouldn't he be NFL material ? The kid has a live arm and doing well from the pocket this year I am still a Darnold and Rosen guy with a few others out there that I am interested in.
    Well if he can play in the pocket and show he can make multiple reads its clearly a different story. I'm basing my opinion more based off of the end of last year where that offense looked lost (comparatively) when teams took away the first WR option and bottled the run. That team crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Browning was fantastic last year. I could be wrong, but think he isn't eligible until 2019?
    I just feel this kid lacks the arm not high on this guy at all. I watch the huskies a lot my dad is a washington alum even he can't be a homer for the kid. I would take Luke Faulk over Browning in a second.

Well if he can play in the pocket and show he can make multiple reads its clearly a different story. I'm basing my opinion more based off of the end of last year where that offense looked lost (comparatively) when teams took away the first WR option and bottled the run. That team crashed.
    This years it's all him from the pocket and running it when nothing is there.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    You mean you're actually looking to the future?

Blasphemy! Ban him!
    You need to put yourself in time out for awhile. You just keep making yourself look worse.

Thankfully you weren't here in the offseason but QB talk has been happening for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by rwatson1 View Post
    It's a little early to be discussing next year's draft class, but with lots of people opining on our need to tank, I thought I'd start a thread I'll update every few weeks.

Through the first two weeks of the season, the five best projected QBs have looked as follows. (rank is determined by how they've played in 2017)

1. Mason Rudolph - yes, he's looked better than Darnold.
    2. Lamar Jackson - I'm not much of a fan, but he's actually staying in the pocket instead of taking off after his first read. (massive improvement) Watch last week's North Carolina game.
    3. Sam Darnold - he hasn't been bad, but he's been inconsistent so far. He had some nice touch passes against Stanford but looked awful against Central Michigan. At least in the 1st half.
    4. Rosen - His stats are misleading. A&M had several pics slip through their DB's hands. I commend him for not giving up. But lady luck has been on his side.
    4. Josh Allen - looked terrible against Iowa in week 1. He needs another year in school.

For the record, I still prefer Darnold first, and Rudolph second. The Big 12 is awful so Rudolph is going to put up insane numbers again.

You aren't too early on this as there has been concerns about the next QB for years.

An NFL scout I follow on twitter mentioned Cardinals fans should keep an eye on Nicolas Fitzgerald the QB from Mississippi State. They say he is BA type QB. Now some may think BA is gone, but good chance his offense is still here in 2018.

6'5 230lbs

And I watch his highlights the first 10 clips are runs haha. Not sure how that is BA's style. His size is for sure. Needs to see some throws....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeQIAhBHS-I
    Last edited by Belac44; 09-12-2017 at 08:32 AM.

I don't see Lamar Jackson ever being an NFL QB. Seems like a (more electric) Denard Robinson clone to me.
    Except Denard Robinson has no where near the throwing ability Lamar Jackson has. In his first two games so far, he has been staying in the pocket more going through all his reads. If he continues to play like that, then there's no question I think he should go first.

Drafting Josh Allen is deservement of a pink slip. Dude is full blown garbage. I don't give a **** how big his frame is or how strong his arm is when he's inaccurate as hell & moves out of pockets a ton. Extremely poor mans Mahomes.