Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 QB class

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Hold on, I was told Darnold was going to be the best QB ever prior to the college season.............

This list that is up now will also change prior to the end of the season.

Lets just wait and see how this season and the college one plays out.

There has already been talk of some of these guys staying put and not coming out in the draft.
    I am not a fan of talking draft this early. But your post made me smile. Cant wait for the off season when a we hear is "we should wait to draft a QB in 2019, way better class next year"

Happens every year.

And if you look, Kizer looked good, Watson showed flashes, Turbisky was a preseason phenom along with Mahommes. At some point you HAVE to move up in The first and pick a QB. Quit being over judgmental, lose draft picks and make the move. Quit being scared about it.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    Drafting Josh Allen is deservement of a pink slip. Dude is full blown garbage. I don't give a **** how big his frame is or how strong his arm is when he's inaccurate as hell & moves out of pockets a ton. Extremely poor mans Mahomes.
    In a few years a poor mans Mahomes may not be such a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    1A. Sam Darnold - "It factor". He doesnt have ice in his veins he has liquid iron. Big fan.

1B. Mason Rudolph - Statistically a monster. Doesnt necessarily mean hes going to be a franchise QB, but it might.

2. Rosen - Has looked phenominal thus far

3. Allen - Not a fan but hes the 4th option. Statistically hes bleh. I dont care about how big and strong he is.

Not an option - Lamar Jackson. Hes not a QB, hes a RB who takes direct snaps IE pat-cat. Thats not a pro QB. Id happily take him 4th round as a WR/RB convert.
    I really hope we take Lamar so he can prove this ignorant *** comment isn't true.
    Last edited by ClutchDJ; 09-12-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Posted this in the off season

Not sure if this is the right section, but after looking ahead to the college season, I'm a bit over excited by the guys playing Quarterback this year.

Has there ever been a more exciting group of QBs going into a college football season?

This year we will be watching (in no particular order)
    Lamar Jackson - Louisville
    Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State
    Josh Allen - Wyoming
    Josh Rosen - UCLA
    Sam Darnold - USC
    JT Barrett - Ohio State
    Wilton Speight - Michigan
    Luke Falk - Washington State
    Jake Browning - Washington
    Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma
    Kenny Hill - TCU
    Malik Zaire - Notre Dame
    Quinton Flowers - South Florida
    Trace McSorley - Penn State

Someone else will do a Mitch Trubisky and rise 'from nowhere' to be included in this group of seriously talented prospects. I've been told the guy at Auburn is one to consider too.

Update

Watched the first two Penn State games. Revising my opinion on McSorely a little.
    Just seen highlights of Allen. Very exciting prospect
    Rosen is looking more like he did in 15.

So much talent.
    Auburn guy is Stidham. Not really out of nowhere. He was the top HS QB in his class a few years ago.
    Last edited by 1988CARD; 09-12-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1988CARD View Post
    Aubrun guy is Stidham. Not really out of nowhere. He was the top HS QB in his class a few years ago.
    Last week, against Clemson, Stidham looked bad. Clemson has some talent, but he got sacked around 12 times i think. He's not that good. I'm not sold on Browning either. I seem to recall him padding stats against bad teams and disappearing against better teams like USC and Bama.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Posted this in the off season

Not sure if this is the right section, but after looking ahead to the college season, I'm a bit over excited by the guys playing Quarterback this year.

Has there ever been a more exciting group of QBs going into a college football season?

This year we will be watching (in no particular order)
    Lamar Jackson - Louisville
    Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State
    Josh Allen - Wyoming
    Josh Rosen - UCLA
    Sam Darnold - USC
    JT Barrett - Ohio State
    Wilton Speight - Michigan
    Luke Falk - Washington State
    Jake Browning - Washington
    Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma
    Kenny Hill - TCU
    Malik Zaire - Notre Dame
    Quinton Flowers - South Florida
    Trace McSorley - Penn State

Someone else will do a Mitch Trubisky and rise 'from nowhere' to be included in this group of seriously talented prospects. I've been told the guy at Auburn is one to consider too.

Update

Watched the first two Penn State games. Revising my opinion on McSorely a little.
    Just seen highlights of Allen. Very exciting prospect
    Rosen is looking more like he did in 15.

So much talent.
    Isn't Zaire at Florida ??

Anyway I'll add couple of others:
    1. Chase Litton, QB, Marshall 6'6"
    2. Nick Fitzgerald, QB, Mississippi State 6'5" 230 lbs

https://www.seccountry.com/mississip...heisman-trophy

Jackson is really staying in the pocket. That's why he is leading Clemson in rushing attempts.

Most scouts have him as a day 2 pick. Most in the 2nd round. Some even in the 3rd round. There are better than him out there this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Jackson is really staying in the pocket. That's why he is leading Clemson in rushing attempts.

Most scouts have him as a day 2 pick. Most in the 2nd round. Some even in the 3rd round. There are better than him out there this year.
    He plays for *Louisville & it might have something to do with not having a good supporting cast around him. His OLine is terrible & has been for last year. His WRs are decent. It says a lot about him staying more in the pocket a lot more this year so far despite being behind a horrid OLine. Scouts also had Blake Bortles as a top QB prospect. How has that worked out so far? If there are "better than him" out there, it's Josh Rosen & ONLY Josh Rosen. I'm still undecided on Mayfield, though I'm starting to lean on the pro side. Mason Rudolph? Eh. Just seems like another Big 12 QB who has no standout abilities. I'm good on the fella who has the same throwing motion as Bortles aka Sam Darnold. Don't even need to waste time on Josh Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post

I posted a youtube highlight video of Fitzgerald early in the thread. Intriguing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post

Litton won't come out this year. He's a 4-year guy. And he has a LOT of work to do. Really good kid, though. Very grounded. Knows his limitations right now and very open to constructive criticism and coaching.