Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 QB class

Rudolph - I like his arm strength but is he a franchise qb
    Allen - He did look bad at Iowa but has the goods as far as size, strength, arm
    Luke Faulk - can he throw football over 50 mph otherwise he's great, really like him

I feel the Cards need to draft a qb in round 1 and go this route. Cousins is good but not great and he'll never get you a ring. He's just not elite, not worth 100 mill. I say start Gabbert this year once Arians figures it out that his mobility is the difference and they can actually win with him. Let rookie learn under Gabbert.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Jackson is really staying in the pocket. That's why he is leading Clemson in rushing attempts.

Most scouts have him as a day 2 pick. Most in the 2nd round. Some even in the 3rd round. There are better than him out there this year.
    I bet if he is not injured this kid goes in the top 10. I think 6 qb's go in the first round.

Lamar Jackson showing tonight vs. Clemson exactly why I don't think he will ever be an NFL QB. He simply cannot throw the ball against a competent defense.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestCard View Post
    Lamar Jackson showing tonight vs. Clemson exactly why I don't think he will ever be an NFL QB. He simply cannot throw the ball against a competent defense.
    Yes I agree. He is a really good college QB, but not sure he will be a QB in the pros.
    Twickers bound.

Will Grier WV
    Last edited by PalmerCardinal; 09-17-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Sam Darnold did not look very impressive tonight against a bad Texas team. He's now looked less than stellar in two out of his first three games. The two being Texas and Central Michigan. I'm sure he's still ranked number one on most scouts' boards. But tanking for him is no longer a sure thing.

Across the country, I watched Fitzgerald play for the first time. He spanked a pretty good LSU defense and his poise is impressive. I could see him turning out to be a good pro-QB, but he's very raw. The announcers were talking about how he just started playing QB not too long ago. For years, coaches had him rotating between WR/TE/QB. The main reason he chose to attend Miss State was it was the only school who promised him he could compete at QB.

Fitzgerald has the size and intangibles. But he's going to need a lot of coaching.

Mason Rudolph had another big game. He's picked up right where he left off last season and has consistently looked better than any of this year's other QB. Watch the highlights from yesterday's game against Pitt.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400934509
    Last edited by rwatson1; 09-17-2017 at 05:10 AM.

The big 3 in my opinion struggled tonight for various reason's jackson has no oline. Rosen forced the ball, Darnold just did not look like himself but it was a team effort. These are kids .USC just came off a very big game which they won easily. They were facing a poor team and they relaxed. These kids have to show up the rest of the year because they are being watched and judged.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 09-17-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestCard View Post
    The combination of a good defense and Louisville's not so good oline makes it rough on jackson not trying to make excuses but these are kids and sometimes these kids show they are not superman.

Yes lets talk about the 2018 class.

Meanwhile the 2017 class looks just fine in the NFL.

Especially that guy D. Watson that we could have traded one spot up to get.
    Still searching for our QBOF.