Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 QB class

Quote Originally Posted by MSloan View Post
    There will be teams with QB needs every year. Falling into the "let's wait until next year" draft just means it might be years before you find an actual QB. If they like a certain quarterback enough in this upcoming draft class, trade up and make it happen. Get that box checked, get that guy in your building and start developing him, especially if there is a possibility of bringing back Palmer for one final year to be the bridge guy.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ppedCardFan View Post
    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...s-giants-49ers

A way too early mock draft has us taking Josh Allen at 10.... I'm not sold on the kid, their are atleast 3 qb's I would take ahead of him but he could be a real possibility at our draft position and fit the scheme. I have a friend that swears he is the qbotf.... I would like to believe it because we could probably get him but the inconsistency and comp. % worry me... I know he doesn't have much talent around him though.

If you want a super talented QB that is a massive project, Allen is your guy. Great size, good athleticism and an absolute cannon for an arm but his footwork and overall mechanics are a mess. At his best he is John Elway, at his worst he is Logan Thomas. He has lacked talent around him but he also makes a lot of really questionable throws where you aren't sure just exactly what he is seeing. People want to compare him to Carson Wentz because Allen is playing under Wentz's former OC and in the same offense but Wentz was a much more polished prospect. If you draft Allen then you'd best be committed to letting him sit for at least a full year.

Good report on Baker

SI's Albert Breer spoke with on AFC scouting director who believes Oklahoma senior QB Baker Mayfield is not similar to Johnny Manziel because the Sooner "studies his *** off."
    This was backed up by another scouting director stating Mayfield knows where he is going with the football at any part of the progressions thanks to his knowledge and preparation, which is different than many failed quarterbacks. The comparison will pop up due to Mayfield's height and success outside of structure. For many, a shorter frame is viewed as a major negative. "I donít think itís a problem for Baker," one NFL executive concluded.

Which was already known. Hes an A+ teammate and football player. Dedicated and dependable. The Maziel comparisons are stupid and lazy. They are the same comparing all white WRs to Jordy Nelson. Baker and Manziel are nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan!! View Post
    I still think the Cards shouldíve made it happen this last draft and got either Mahonmes or Watson. Wouldíve been a perfect scenario really. Iím sick of not knowing who the Cards QB will be in a few years. But since that didnít happen, into next year i wanna know who the QB will be in 2019 and 2020. Since 88 the only 1st round QB that weíve taken was Matt Leinart. Year in and year the good teams are the teams that have gotten their QB in the first round. With the lone exception of Tom Brady. Iím sick of the Cards playing it safe! Itís time to get our QBOTF!!! I donít care who it is at this point. We need a young guy to bring some excitement and provide stability at that posistion!
    Mahomes hasn't played a snap in the NFL and Watson had major question marks over how his knees would hold up in the NFL, after 4/5 games he went down with a non-contact ACL. Lets hold back in a minute with those two.

Baker Mayfield won the Heisman.
    Bryce Love 2nd
    Lamar Jackson 3rd
    Saquon Barkley 4th
    *Rashaad Penny 5th - If anybody has watched this guy, he is amazing. We are in a position where we dont need more RBs, but man would he be a good pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Baker Mayfield won the Heisman.
    Bryce Love 2nd
    Lamar Jackson 3rd
    Saquon Barkley 4th
    *Rashaad Penny 5th - If anybody has watched this guy, he is amazing. We are in a position where we dont need more RBs, but man would he be a good pick.
    Another Heisman bust in the NFL.

Small, slow, non-athletic, and has off the field issues. Sounds like the Browns starting QB next year.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Mahomes hasn't played a snap in the NFL and Watson had major question marks over how his knees would hold up in the NFL, after 4/5 games he went down with a non-contact ACL. Lets hold back in a minute with those two.
    Watson is the next great QB in this league. Bank on it.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post

Small, slow, non-athletic, and has off the field issues. Sounds like the Browns starting QB next year.
    Watson is the next great QB in this league. Bank on it.
    Excuse me if I don't take your opinion seriously, but your evaluation of Mayfield tells me all I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Excuse me if I don't take your opinion seriously, but your evaluation of Mayfield tells me all I need to know.
    Agreed.

I don't think az native has watched Mayfield At All, and maybe Never.

Or he was trying to be Fighting Falcon and failed miserably with his try.

JosEPh

Even if we drafted him and he busts, we could cut both Stanton and Gabbert and have one bust QB on the roster instead of 2 and at an overall cheaper price.